TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

joker.jpg

Click on the envelope on the whysoserious website.

Heath Ledger looks AMAZING. I absolutely cannot wait for this movie.

Fun story: I was at work the other day, looking up stuff on The Dark Knight, and my boss comes by and goes, "Man, why do you care about that shit? That last one was lame." I looked at him, kind of shocked, and said, "It's the best one in years, man. After the original, it was probably the best Batman."

And, without a shred of irony, he told me, "Nah, man. Batman and Robin was the best one. Fucking Arnold and George Clooney, man!"

Heath Ledger looks AMAZING. I absolutely cannot wait for this movie.

Fun story: I was at work the other day, looking up stuff on The Dark Knight, and my boss comes by and goes, "Man, why do you care about that shit? That last one was lame." I looked at him, kind of shocked, and said, "It's the best one in years, man. After the original, it was probably the best Batman."

And, without a shred of irony, he told me, "Nah, man. Batman and Robin was the best one. Fucking Arnold and George Clooney, man!"

There are far more people like this that exist than you would ever believe. In fact, I think the most common response I get when I mention how much I enjoyed Batman Begins is "I guess it was alright. I didn't think it could hold up to the originals."

But Batman and Robin was probably the worst out of all of them, that's what threw me off.

"Fucking Arnold and George Clooney, man!"

Even Clooney admits that B&R is a shit film.

You know what the camera could be? The fact that they are asking us to dress up like Jokers and take pictures in front of our city's biggest landmarks. Don't get carried away guys. Most marketing concepts are for the general masses who wouldn't get the intricate and deep detail that we sometimes have a theory for.

Batman and Robin was something I thought really sucked when I first saw it, but now I at least laugh my ass off at it for camp value. For all the praise that Batman Returns gets in some quarters there's shit just as stupid in it (army of penguins with bombs??).

Those responses from people don't shock me. Batman Begins was very much a fanboy type movie, something appealing to people who have read a few graphic novels. It takes a couple of viewings to really let it sink in. The Dark Knight will fare better since The Joker is a more marketable villain than anyone in the previous film, but I won't be shocked to hear comments like "This guy that was the Joker sucked....we want Nicholson."

There was a generation of people that were raised on the campiness of the old Adam West Batman show. For them, a realistic approach that follows the graphic novels doesn't make a lot of sense. Your expecatattion likely depend on what source material you are familiar with.

*shakes head

You know what the camera could be? The fact that they are asking us to dress up like Jokers and take pictures in front of our city's biggest landmarks. Don't get carried away guys. Most marketing concepts are for the general masses who wouldn't get the intricate and deep detail that we sometimes have a theory for.

Yeah, no shit. I'm just pointing out where they got it from.

Cover of new Empire Magazine

empirejoker.jpg

I just got an e-mail from whysoserious.com:

If you've finished my quiz, then it's time for the next step in the

interview process, something to test your aptitude. Spaces count:

* Eighth

* Sixth

* Eighth

* Ninth

* Ninth

* Second

* Fourth

* Second

* Third

EDIT---The spaces were more pronounced in the e-mail and when I posted it. For some reason, they adjust to be smaller from the asterisks to the text.

Guest False Alarm!

That looks totally nuts. Can’t wait to get my hands on the new issue of empire. Ledger actually seems to have dropped weight for the role, which is pretty great.

Heath Ledger is going to have to pull off the acting performance of a lifetime because so far they've totally fucked up the look/character of The Joker for this movie.

Heath Ledger is going to have to pull off the acting performance of a lifetime because so far they've totally fucked up the look/character of The Joker for this movie.

Oh my, you couldn't be more wrong on that front. This is what The Joker should look like.

"Fucking Arnold and George Clooney, man!"