TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

Super Bowl XL

I asked this question in the other thread but since the first week is about setting up the hype, it fits to ask this again

take your picks right now on what becomes the media story of the next two weeks?

A). Bettis playing final game in home-town

B). Hasselbeck's hot sister-in-law

C). Cower's "SBXXX" redemption

D). Holmgreen winning it without Favre

E). How many different ways to spell Big Ben's last name wrong

F). How cold Detroit is

Guest Princess Leena

I'm only watching because my friends will force me to, and commercials.

These whole playoffs have sucked, except for the Pitt-Indy game.

Another thing that'll surely be included in the time leading up to this game, a copious amount of lame "Super Bowl Xtra Large" jokes.

I was too young at the time, but what was it like for SB XXX?

Troy Aikman gave Kordell Stewart a Cleveland Steamer before the game.

Too young to remember Super Bowl XXX? Egads I was 17.

Troy Aikman gave Kordell Stewart a Cleveland Steamer before the game.

Too young to remember Super Bowl XXX? Egads I was 17.

I remember the game but not the hype.

The story of SB XXX - The Steelers' Neil O Donnell inexplicably throws the ball (twice), and the game, to Dallas' mvp Larry Brown. Larry would be the first of two consecutive SB mvps to jump ship to the Raiders after winning the game/award.

I'm not making any predictions until the morning of the game so i can see which team had a player get himself arrested or shot, because that team usually loses.

I don't know how good Seattle is on the road or neutral sites, but I do know that the Steelers can certainly play on the road. I'll take them by about 10 points.

And yeah, this has been possibly the single worst playoffs in history. Hell, there have only been two games decided by single digits...one of those was an awful shitfest (Skins/Bucs) and the other was certainly exciting but produced a heatless Super Bowl team. Let's face it, the Steelers getting there would be like if the Jets had won that game in Pittsburgh last year and gotten to the Super Bowl.

The main story is going to be that the people in Detroit won't have to watch the Lions play.

I hate the Steelers and Im appalled at how they can be 4 point favorites to start. At least make Seattle favored by a little and let the money roll in on Pittsburgh from all the Steelers fans to drive it the other way..

And yeah, this has been possibly the single worst playoffs in history. Hell, there have only been two games decided by single digits

Actually there's been three. Here's the average margin of victory in playoff games preceding the Super Bowl since 1990. In parenthesis is how many games were decided by a touchdown or less.

1990: 16.8 (2)

1991: 13.0 (6)

1992: 16.5 (2)

1993: 13.1 (4)

1994: 12.8 (4)

1995: 12.0 (2)

1996: 15.9 (2)

1997: 10.1 (4)

1998: 12.1 (4)

1999: 13.5 (5)

2000: 16.8 (2)

2001: 13.7 (3)

2002: 16.1 (3)

2003: 9.9 (6)

2004: 14.3 (3)

2005: 14.1 (3)

Appears in the current playoff set up of 12 teams the best year was 2003 and the worst was 2000 & 1990.

I'd like to see the Steelers win, if nothing more for the Bettis storyline that seems to have been brewing since the last offseason.

Oh, wait i just remembered. How many stupid starbucks, hendrix and bill gates liners will we force-fed because thats the only remotely interesting things about Seattle?

Guest Princess Leena
The little box in the bottom right corner on ESPN News says the Super Bowl starting time is 2:30 pm? That can't be right?

Probably when ABC starts their pre-game junk.