TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

They gave Scott fucking Boras his own reality show. Like sports agents NEED more time to stroke their egos until the skin begins to chafe.

They fall in love with certain topics and never let go: Barry Bonds, TO, Roger Clemens, Bret Favre, Kobe/Shaq, LeBron James, Danica Patrick, Phil Mickelson, Duke vs. UNC, USC and the Boston Red Sox. At any given time I turn on ESPN, I am gaurenteed to see one of those being covered.

Guest Smues
They gave Scott fucking Boras his own reality show. Like sports agents NEED more time to stroke their egos until the skin begins to chafe.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Like given Barry Bonds his own show wasn't enough punishment to the viewer.

They fall in love with certain topics and never let go: Barry Bonds, TO, Roger Clemens, Bret Favre, Kobe/Shaq, LeBron James, Danica Patrick, Phil Mickelson, Duke vs. UNC, USC and the Boston Red Sox. At any given time I turn on ESPN, I am gaurenteed to see one of those being covered.

You forgot the Yankees.

ESPN LOVES to blow the Yankees, Duke, USC and anything to do with TO and Bonds. I really hate the 'Chasing Ruth' crap they have going.

They appeared to drop "Classic Now" yet keep four show that are almost exactly the same.

Wait, they cancelled Classic Now from a station called ESPNCLASSIC???

That makes no sense, absolutely no sense. What? Does the Bonds show get to air on CLASSIC now because they are running out of airtime?

They appeared to drop "Classic Now" yet keep four show that are almost exactly the same.

That makes no sense, absolutely no sense. What? Does the Bonds show get to air on CLASSIC now because they are running out of airtime?

Considering they don't even air classic games anymore on any sort of a regular basis (pool, bowling, and poker don't count) it shouldn't come as a surprise. I never watched Classic Now though as I couldn't stand the host in the ads so I never gave it a chance. I'm expecting ESPN Classic to just dissapear eventually as it's clear the network just doesn't care about it.

Considering they don't even air classic games anymore on any sort of a regular basis (pool, bowling, and poker don't count) it shouldn't come as a surprise. I never watched Classic Now though as I couldn't stand the host in the ads so I never gave it a chance. I'm expecting ESPN Classic to just dissapear eventually as it's clear the network just doesn't care about it.

That channel has been on the decline. And when they do show classic games it's always BOSTON VS YANKS or DUKE VS UNC or something like that. Not every game those two played is classic ESPN. If it wasn't for Cheap Seats, I wouldn't turn on Classic anymore. Next month I'm expecting CLASSIC BASSMASTERS to join the pool, poker, and bowling.

I suppose it's a good thing then when I passed on picking ESPNC back up last year, as I'd watched it back in '01 and loved it.

What's the deal? Do they not want to pay for the rights to air old games anymore, or are they just caught up in their own hype and overself-promotion of the nonsports?

The only thing that would get me to watch the Bonds show would be a montage of his at bats interspersed with his outbursts set to the Ultimate Warrior theme

I suppose it's a good thing then when I passed on picking ESPNC back up last year, as I'd watched it back in '01 and loved it.

What's the deal? Do they not want to pay for the rights to air old games anymore, or are they just caught up in their own hype and overself-promotion of the nonsports?

ESPN is totally caught up in its own hype. I refuse to watch Sportscenter anymore. If you actually want to see highlights of games you have to watch ESPNNews. They actually give you stats of at least 5 players per team per baseball game. The dicks at Sportscenter give you stats for maybe two players a game, if you are lucky.

stuartscott.jpg

Stuart, you aren't as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Well that explains JA's comment on yesterday's ATH.

Well that explains JA's comment on yesterday's ATH.

I missed yesterday's edition, what did JA say?

Guest Smues

Another reason ESPN sucks: Those awful ESPN mobile commercial with some douchebag whoring for the phone. IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR ORDINARY SPORTS PHONE SERVICE!

Guest Sylvan Grenier
Another reason ESPN sucks: Those awful ESPN mobile commercial with some douchebag whoring for the phone. IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR ORDINARY SPORTS PHONE SERVICE!

HEY NEIL CAN I WORK WITH YOU! HELLOOOOOOOOOOO?

Man, even Neil Everett is too good to talk to this ESPN Phone customer.

Guest Smues
I like ATH and PTI but would it be possible for both shows to cover different sports topics.

Could PTI finish in its timeslot instead of going into SC?

Of course not because then people could change the channel and not have to suffer through 10 minutes of Sportscenter.