Jump to content

Art Sandusky

Members
  • Posts

    10261
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Art Sandusky

  1. Want a piece of us, Kentucky? WHUT. Yo, that win over Vanderbilt scares me. If we can't beat Kentucky, we're seriously lost. Please let the Norm Chow rumors be true. In the Cock 'n Tiger game, it's a tough one. Last time Clemson went to Columbia it was a 63-17 romp that had the better-off half the state gloating. Last year kinda doesn't count to people 'round here. We avoid talking about it. I'm excited to see Tommy Bowden face off against Spurrier to see if Bowden's got the chops to be in the elite coaches category some day. I'd love to see him win, but I'm torn on if they can. But since you gotta take a side in this if you're born in South Carolina, fuck Carolina. Go Clemson. I've always at least respected Clemson. But fuck a barrel o'Carolina, especially now that Fucker McFuckstick is coaching there. I pledge all my fan efforts to Clemson until the end of the game, at which point I'll go on to simply hating Carolina and having Clemson as my 6th favorite. Ohio State beats Michigan, and I think Virginia can beat VT. Alabama beats Auburn and goes to a BCS bowl.
  2. I dunno man, UCLA's been pretty damn underwhelming to me. A bright side of having a team that has to scrape and crawl to be eligible: You get your bowl early! Whoo!
  3. Shame, Edge has been the coolest dude on Raw the last few weeks.
  4. None of that made a goddamn bit of sense. And people are arguing the merits of this ilk's multiple culprits? What a load of horseshit this place turned into.
  5. I saw it for the first time on Fox News's little scrolling bar at the bottom, and it was the only network's website that had a story on it until Monday morning. There were mentions on CNN as well during the morning show, and it got a spot on the "headlines of the day" refreshers they do. MSNBC gave 'em Rita Cosby on top of the above-type stuff. Is that really better? Woulda been intense if Anderson Cooper had done something big instead.
  6. Art Sandusky

    NFL Week X

    And now we've got the Vikings at home on a Monday Night. It's got the seeds to be a 2004 Panthers-like run, fo sho. My friend said that it was sad to watch them play and lose over and over, because they really aren't terrible when you watch them. They just fuck up all the little things that get fucked up when you have backups playing instead of starters.
  7. The storm literally disintegrated in seconds because they were able to lower the thermal rating of the Washington D.C. area. Just reporting what I saw, guys.
  8. Okay, that loss confirmed that we're still a year away. Be warned next year though. We'll be like Arkansas all over yo' asses.
  9. "I Love New York" from the new Madonna album.
  10. Okay dude, whatever.
  11. Probably. I'm still not at the "I don't care" point anymore. Every now and then I still get pretty excited about this stuff.
  12. You midwesterners and Canadians worry me. Y'all need an ocean or something.
  13. Why did I think we were in 2006.
  14. They're down now, but I stand by my Boise pick! (my Baylor pick scares me, I don't need two losses that quick)
  15. Czechsault, the new comedy about two guys who are very white and demand everyone know and abide by that fact.
  16. Even if Democrats win in 2008, 2012 will be the year shit goes down and real change goes on.
  17. You must be blind if you don't know where the little plastic cups come from. They're everywhere.
  18. Okay, we can all agree that since the move to USA, WWE has been absolutely bonkers. Whether it be on-screen angles or backstage gossip, reading about shit these days is dumbfounding. Need I mention that TNA is in the early stages of what seems like a huge charge to be competition? And oh yeah, UFC's busy establishing an impressively sized fanbase. So now you've got an injured World Champion, a main event level heel that's out, wrestling penis gags, a little people division, the voice of your company gone forever, probably a half dozen other guys who shouldn't even be wrestling, people outright leaving, and the future franchise WWE Champion is floundering after eight months with the title. And that's ignoring loads of other lunacy and "creative decisions." On the bright side, we aren't hearing much about HHH these days. We're also getting loads of retro goodness, but at the price of misinterpretation of why the retro stuff is good. So WWE's really backed into a corner. We say it all the time, but does WWE circle the wagons and end the split, say, after Wrestlemania? Raw versus Smackdown could be the catalyst. With a company stretched as it is, it woule be tremendously beneficial if all the little good things we loved that died due to inconsistency and lack of depth were consolidated into a single roster. Also, financial considerations have to be made. You're cutting people left and right to stay above water, and eventually there won't be much left to support two shows. We say now that it's silly to think so, since so many people don't get TV time as it is, but perhaps having everyone together would reinstate the meritocracy that allowed the last boom to prosper. Current locker room political assholes would nullify each other and force Vince to look at multiple positions. The Friday night death slot would be given a pardon, becoming essential viewing again. I also strongly believe that going back to a single roster would make the shows improve based on match quality alone. It does say "wrestling" on the marquee still after all. Much like a football team, a rebuilding begins with strong physical effort. Then again, things aren't THAT bad. It's hard to really imagine WWE admitting they're wrong and going back to the old way which, quickly, lessens the chances of it happening. Perhaps the current style change'll end up working in the long run and we'll be talking at this time next year about the awesome Survivor Series coming up. A month isn't enough time to tell, but all signs report to this becoming a fuckup of spectacular proportions. And what would happen with all the guys who don't get any time? The show would be flooded with main event wrestlers. And they're still breaking even, I believe. The split's been through worse times too, but those came in its infancy and during a time that WWE was still enjoying a fading afterglow from the Attitude era and trying to find a new identity. What's left now is a core group of fans, none of the residuals of that time remain (and certainly not in the form of making retired wrestlers like Austin and Foley return). It's been three years and seven months since this new identity took hold. Pretty crazy to think about it, really. As politicians love to ask, "are you better off now than you were four years ago?"
  19. Just don't let any show TSM would produce be about television and film.
  20. Try reading the above post backwards.
  21. Prime hasn't been around in a while. Maybe he grew up.
  22. What's with people caring what other people are named that much.
  23. I'm way more satisfied knowing Reagan holds the real record.
  24. They aren't, you're just misinterpreting living deep in the heart of Judeo-Christian culture as constant conversion attempts.
  25. Art Sandusky

    NFL Week X

    "This should be a good game in a just world." You're so, so right. I looked forward to the Pack's current schedule stretch... before the season started, anyway.
×
×
  • Create New...