Jump to content

Vern Gagne

Members
  • Posts

    9071
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vern Gagne

  1. I love how J.R. and King, still didn't know who Batista would sign with, right after hearing HHH admit to setting the whole thing up.
  2. The rampant cocaine use in the NBA during the 70's. Without Magic and Bird, who knows what would of happened to the NBA.
  3. No order 1972 Olympics 1919 Black Sox MLB Color Barrier 1994 Word Series cancelled The Demise of the SWC.
  4. So Kermit was playing mind games with this guy?
  5. These moments didn't occur in every episode, but be damned if they weren't on a regular basis. Bo and Luke Duke would get in a shirtless fist fight, usually because Bo thought Luke was jealous of his new girlfriend...when in fact she was only using Bo. The fight would be broken up, by Uncle Jesse firing a shotgun in the air. When the Incredible Hulk was shot it was always in the shoulder. A very special episode, always has even more unfunny forced jokes.
  6. I apolgize. It was just too tempting not to bring up.
  7. He didn't, and Marilyn Manson
  8. No it was a guy pretending to be a woman, so he could play on the LPGA tour.
  9. It was good until Fred Savage hit puberty. I just couldn't look past, Savage's horrible acting and complete awkwardness on camera, to enjoy the show.
  10. When Mr.Burns' long lost son visited.
  11. My suicide note would blame everyone.
  12. NASCAR, and Golf were already more popular sports. NASCAR arguably since 1979. Golf since 1997. 1979? I'm not too sure about that. I don't think NASCAR had widespread national appeal that early. Hockey outdrew the NBA in the 70s and 80s in some towns. Maybe you're right. I do still wonder if the NHL should of ever been grouped with the other 3 in the United States?
  13. This doesn't belong in Current Events.
  14. NASCAR, and Golf were already more popular sports. NASCAR arguably since 1979. Golf since 1997.
  15. Most foreign athletes can speak english perfectly fine, they don't to avoid talking to the media.
  16. It sounds like the WWE lockerroom.
  17. Vern Gagne

    IMax

    Not that they don't have enough writers to choose from, I wonder if they would let Micheal Holly, and Bill Wolf back? I doubt it, ESPN seems like a vindictive station. Cross us, and you'll end up working for Tom Arnold on the Best Damn Sports Show.
  18. Pirates could have a nice starting staff. Perez, Redman, Wells, Fogg, and Bullington? (he's listed has a non-roster invitee, but he's one of the teams best prospects)
  19. Brewers have some nie young talent. Capellan from the Braves organization. Which could turn out to be a real steal for the Brewers. J.J. Hardy injured last year..he's the Brewers SS this season. Richie Weaks and Prince Fielder. The projected right-side of the IF, most likely still in the minors to start the season.
  20. Si.com That's good news.
  21. If it was OJ their wouldn't be anyone to fill charges
  22. Pretty close to what ESPN had. 1976 was #1 in their rankings. The race this week. I gotta go with Jimmy Johson. Depite the wreck, he doesn't lose his spot on the front row and he's been the best driver this week. 1.Johnson 2.Earnhardt 3.Gordon 4.Waltrip 5.Sadler
  23. Bonds and Alou in the same OF. That's gonna be ugly.
  24. Vern Gagne

    IMax

    I read that Max Kellerman was interested in returning to ESPN. They told him they had no interest.
  25. That last for 5-7 games after every coaches change. That means nothing. Maybe, But McHale is a former player, and players might be more willing to listen. Garnett even said McHale was a breath of fresh air.
×
×
  • Create New...