Jump to content

Vern Gagne

Members
  • Posts

    9071
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vern Gagne

  1. That sounds like something that chud.com would come up with... That was one of the channel's Conan had during is "What's on the Satellite Dish" sketch.
  2. So when does the "Punch somebody in the face" channel start up?
  3. The show itself is horrible. But, it's called the remote or legs.You get up, if someone actually wants to watch the show and leave the room.
  4. Change it back to Tyler McClelland.
  5. yahoonews.com
  6. Eh...prevailing wisdom was that Pete Carroll was clueless as a head coach until he got to USC. I'm interested to see what happens. Carroll was always a solid defensive of cordinatator in the NFL. His style just didn't click, in the NFL. What did Shula ever prove, coaching the malaise offenses of Miami and Tampa Bay.
  7. Minnesota is the 6th seed. If they beat Green Bay, the would play Philadelphia. Also, teams from the same division cannot play in the 2nd round.
  8. Wimps. I've got an injured roster and I'm looking forward to this week.
  9. No. The Buccs need to stay put and draft Mike Williams. A Williams/Clayton combo would kick all kinds of ass.
  10. I made a decision going into the season to root against everyone but KG on this team. It's a very unlikeable, selfish group.
  11. Vern Gagne

    Top 10

    Name it teams, players, anything you can think off. Figured it would start some good discussion. I'll start. Best 10 players NBA. 1.Kevin Garnett 2.Tim Duncan 3.Lebron James 4.Shaquille O'Neal 5.Amare Stoudamire 6.Kobe Bryant 7.Dwayne Wade 8.Ray Allen 9.Dirk Nowitzki 10.Jermaine O'Neal
  12. 16-14 and going south. I feel bad for Garnett, but overall I can't help but laugh at the Wolves sad performance.
  13. Something about being banned if OU loses by more than 17 points.
  14. Ok. It's been discussed. Where does USC rank all time. Going by what I remember. The 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers are head and shoulders better than anyone else. They dominated their opponents and averaged like 52 points a game. This USC team, had too many close games against mediocre opponents. They play like their capable of than it's a different story. 1987-Miami 1994-Penn St.-So what if they didn't win the National Championship. An awesome offense. 2001-Miami 1999-Florida St. Looks like the last hurrah for FSU dominance. Peter Warick outdueld Micheal Vick in the Sugar Bowl. 1997-Michigan-Should of won the title outright. One of the best defenses of all time. 1983-Nebraska-Vaguely remember this team. Arguably the most explosive and best team in CFB history. 1996-Florida-1 loss against FSU. Got revenge in the Sugar. Air Spurrier at it's best.
  15. Alabama's not winning anything with Mike Shula as their coach. The man was a lousy offensive cordinator, and he clueless has a head coach.
  16. He certainly uses the the word "WE" alot.
  17. They said on the broadcast that Chow wanted the Stanford job.
  18. That's assuming Chow wants to coach at the next level.
  19. Carroll and the Trojans own the state of California. He has no reason to leave USC.
  20. Interesting that USC wanted Mike Riley, Dennis Erickson, and Mike Belloti. I also remember them being interested in Jeff Fisher. But, Peter Carroll was the 4th choice. Mike Garrett got lucky here.
  21. Since there isn't a BCS poll after the BCS bowls in real life I've decided not to do one. What I think I'm going to do is do a Top 10 using the new formula and that will serve as the preseason Top 10 for next year. I might post that tonight. You should have a selection committee like the one being discussed.
  22. I agree with that. What irks me about Blyleven and Gossage lack of support is much of that is personal bias, because frankly both players where assholes. Voters have gone on record saying... they didn't like Blyleven personally and it's a major reason why he's not in or really not close to making it.
  23. The only question about Michigan is how will they give away the game at Pittsburgh next season? It happens every year. Michigan either loses at ND, or at another non-conference opponent.
  24. The closest one for me is Bert Blyleven. Don't know if I feel slighted about it. Just think he should be in the HOF.
  25. Syracuse has an opening. Obvious decision. Donahue better be getting his pinkslip soon.
×
×
  • Create New...