DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yeah, I think I noticed that once and than forgot about it. Did your system get it? Also, Night of Champions 2007 popping up seems a bit bizarre. Maybe an error on your system's part Joey? Maybe some wacky audible by 24/7. -
Just because I changed the subject quickly, have mysteriously been "too busy" to be in Roundtables, and am geographically close to YnA is no reason to leap to conclusions!
-
What random thought are you conveying here?
-
I just wanted to say something totally unrelated to people talking about personal problems and giving terrible suggestions in response.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Everything but Mania XXIV showed up right at midnight. I have it on DVD so I'm not concerned, and I'm also under the impression from the past almost two years of being a subscriber that there are some rights issues stopping Cogeco from airing current WrestleMania's or Hall of Fame ceremonies as we never get them. Since I buy these on DVD it has no effect on me. -
MVP, as usual I don't understand your movie review. "They shouldn't have made this a reboot! / They shouldn't have made references to the first movie". Which is it, friend? While it is officially a reboot, they don't explicitly spell it out and leaving in things like "he's been on the loose for 5 years" can in theory leave it up to the viewer to decide where it fits in canon, so it was a good way of "having it both ways". Of course the 2003 film sucked so I'll take the "references to it's existence are cute but thank God it's not canon" approach. This was quite the entertaining film and while I'm not into comics enough to appreciate all the set-ups, a quick read on wikipedia made me realize how much mor excited I would have found some scenes (like the ). Lou (who apprently voiced Hulk too) and got good pops.
-
Is this being called "Day II.V" a Street Fighter II reference? Because I really don't dig this as day 2.5.
-
Only 90 points? Man, when I was a kid it took like, hundreds to thousands to get worthwhile stuff. I never quite got the amount of points needed for that jet.
-
Apparently there's some controversy about the quality of the Blu-Ray Mania DVD. By controversy, I mean someone (who I almost assumed was Marvin) complained to Scott Keith about it and he made a confused blog post. Mole (wait, Mole goes to Keith's blog!? Odd) set them all straight with a link to a hardcore VQ/AQ website though.
-
That signature was stupid. Anyway, Meltz seems to think Flair was just an unplanned desperation move to lead to nothing, but that's just his feeling. Hopefully this goes somewhere.
-
The one (and only!) Raw thread for 16/6/2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in The WWE Folder
I was transition from midnights to a temporary string of 3 day shifts and was kind of tired by 11:15pm so I missed the end of Raw with the Cade run-in, but I thought this was a fun show. Much better than last week - I enjoyed Vince's antics with the callers (Night of Champions is on my birthday! OK THEN BYE!) and the Flair angle was cool. I was actually pulling for Marty Jannetty, but Flair was better. Charlie Haas seems to be stealing the sort of bits Val Venis would be in. Does this warn of the impending end of Val's decade of destruction in the WWE, or are they just deciding to use Charlie on TV? I didn't care for Vince saying he liked the DX ring tone. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
War Games 92 is something I've wanted to see for 16 years so I'm happy. I don't even know if it's good but that's when I was watching WCW and reading about Larry Z failing the Dangerous Alliance in the Apter mags. I think I even read a WCW comic book about it but I'm not sure. I know I read one about the Halloween Phantom. 98 was something so awful I must see it again and I've never seen 2000, but I'll just assume it was a debacle. Just noticed Good Friends Better Enemies is showing next month. I've never seen it outside of the excellent Michaels/Nash brawl and I assume I'm not missing much, but it's nice to see a PPV I've never seen before. -
Historical note I keep meaning to mention but forget: KOTR 94 is the debut of the updated Bret Hart theme.
-
Two summer comedies with the same release date? Lame. Also your name is not very work safe or Christian. Change it please.
-
On the subject of Nash vs Hart, that match was actually better than I remembered. I didn't remember doing the (for back of a better term) "rolling" Boston Crab off the mat, but that's probably because the camera guys basically missed it.
-
Ad Campaigns - Past, Present, and Future
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in Video Games
Yeah but that's probably one of the best commercials ever. Ironically best, but still, that's something. I guess when I was 12 and not buying things on my own, I didn't pay attention to prices, but I really don't remember that Genesis / SNES price war or games costing $10 more on SNES. I do remember Royal Rumble for SNES costing $103 Canadian at Toys R Us though. That made the game a no buy for my mom. -
Will Get Smart top it next week?
-
You have to understand that in 1994, I (and many of my friends) didn't know Diesel as a lazy worker who was almost fired before getting mad cheers at the 94 Rumble (so legend goes). Diesel was a devastating force to be reckoned with. A friend of mine was pissed when "old man" Savage pinned Diesel at the Survivor Series in 1993, but I thought that was awesome because I was a big Savage fan. I was really happy to hear spoilers for Superstars on the Cody Boines wrestling wrap stating that Razor lost the IC belt to Diesel.
-
He was really good at the 2007 HOF as I recall.
-
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
And a special Happy Birthday to Drew_K! He'll never read this but it is because of him I am at TSM today. -
I actually thought Diesel had a chance to win the belt when I saw this show live. How much did that guy way? Piper was doing vignettes on TV in 1994 called "The Bottom Line" but I don't recall much about them other than they used TV static noise to transition shots. I think he talked about being a loyal family man with a bunch of kids in one of them and Lawler knocked him for it, but I don't hold me to that.
-
-
I know, but what I was saying was it would transition from one reign to another, essentially vacating the Holly/Rhodes team.
-
"Nobody in that family likes each other" Shawn sure turned out to be right on that one.
-
How would that work when Rhodes is already champ? The same way Steve Austin and Dude Love won the tag titles from Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels (but not quite). Basically it would mean Cody Rhodes gets a second tag title reign without ever losing his first. It's silly and shouldn't happen, but you never know.