DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I think I've mentioned roughly 14 times that Cogeco here has the wrong time listed for the event so ordering is still going to be hard, but hopefully a phone call solves it. I'm SUPPOSED to be having a Mania party at my house for the first time (and last since all future Mania's were at someone else's house or a bar or in person in last year) since WrestleMania IX but the one person I know who still closely follows wrestling moved away in January and can't make it down due to a family function. The other person I knew who kinda follows it - he was losing interest in 2007 and the Benoit thing didn't help, plus he doesn't have cable anymore - can't get out of work. Ditto for the others I know who are aware wrestling exists and would watch a PPV at my house. Looks like it might just be me and any co-workers I can find to admit they watch wrestling - I know of one who said he might come by but to show how closely he follows these days, he asked if it was in Detroit.
-
Matt Young REALLY seemed to enjoy speedo man.
-
Hey, the bluff was called. Anyway, since we're all post modern and realize racism is only fought with more ironic racism, instead of making the n-word into a filter for a different word like "Teddy Bear", we should make other words filter into it. Black, Colored / Coloured, and Negro should all default to it. This would cause havoc with Black Lushus' name though, so we'd need to make a word filter that Lushus = Please.
-
In the old days of anything goes thread making, I did an entire thread (with 24 replies!) about a house show. It's good stuff, actually. I agree - I found with some PPVs in the past there was actual discussion going on in a prediction thread but since I didn't feel like making any predictions, I never read it. I think the two threads we have now - the Discussion Thread and the Predictions Thread - work fine, but to be honest people would be making predictions IN the discussion thread. I just don't like discussions in a prediction thread. Does that make sense or am I being OCD about that? Plus I wanted to use my "40% chance of rain, 70% chance of fun" sub-title.
-
I didn't know this had occurred when I made my thread (damn work getting in the way of work). Though I guess if it's only supposed to be about location and weather the Discussion Thread can stand on it's own ground, or get merged. Either way!
-
I am fully aware this will actually be the THIRD WrestleMania XXIV thread started (one being the "Use your immagination" thread that is long buried, the other being the predictions thread). That said, there is an awful lot of talk about Wrestle freakin Mania going on in the GENERAL discussion thread, something designed for comments that don't warrant a thread. While some might chalk this up to a poorer than usual build to Mania, it actually shows the clamp on open discussion borders that thread has grown to. I usually started them at the beginning of the month too (more out of habit and forum protocol than thinking they were a great idea) so to see the biggest PPV of the year being discussed as a General afterthought really highlights a problem. Anyway, let's use THIS thread to talk about the event - are you ordering? Having a party? Skipping it? Bar? How about that weather?
-
TSM shifting gears is a major discussion point right now anyway.
-
That's almost exactly what I was hoping for. Whether Al agrees or not, there really are some random comments people want to share that don't offer MUCH discussion, but let people say something briefly. That's true for all areas of the forum - me wanting to alert Disney that a local restaurant is calling themselves "Aladdin's" with use of the copyrighted Genie character certainly doesn't need a thread, but that's something I OBVIOUSLY need to share with TSM.
-
Yes, definitely bob. Once upon a time there was a legitimate point to the thread but it was eventually decided "Let's have one big thread of conversation". WRESTLEMANIA conversation is now happening in there. Mania conversation! Though I get along with HTQ, the edict I remember that I didn't really like was we had to gauge who mattered and who didn't in terms of being released. Test wouldn't deserve a thread but Bobby Lashley (or someone in the upper midcard) would. It sounds reasonable on paper (who cares about Test?) but it gets people thinking they should report every release in General.
-
Ok, that's what I assumed. Good to know (and I guess I can change my password at The Pit now that I know Lushus won't use it to hack attack me).
-
He's already asked me my thoughts on the issue, probably because I usually start the general thread (not because I like it, but because it became the way things were operating). Would a "Minor News" thread work, or does that just continue the problem and not solve it?
-
Something I've wondered - do admins have a master list of passwords or is that hidden even from them?
-
While I agree that there is way too much discussion happening in the CTDWAT deal and re-opening the discussion borders will be good all around (there is also a problem in the VG folder where Mole apparently didn't like people talking about individual games in threads), it did originally have a point. Where are people supposed to make inane comments? Nowhere?
-
Someone set us up the bomb. (An obvious indication I need some sleep now).
-
TheFranchise. I think people have been pre-occupied this afternoon, Cheech.
-
Because when you tattle, you're not only telling on someone else, but you're telling on yourself. And is that really a tale you want to tell?
-
I really do feel bad about that.
-
I can see people using the report for what they consider a legitimate issue when in reality no one but them will care. Hopefully it serves it's correct purpose though.
-
That certainly doesn't sound like Black Lushus. Edit: Apparently I confused Dangerous Danny Darlin with Dangerous Donnie D
-
He seemed kind of normal in the TSM Mockery thread.
-
Clean slate, explained in Matt Young's bitchfest.
-
Yeah, that's the thing. Anglesault has been gone longer than he was here. He may not even check the board anymore. You know Hotbutter hasn't moved on. Once upon a time I assume he was pbone, actually.