DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Yeah, I can't seem to find anything that came of it. I was POSITIVE someone somewhere announced MIB as getting the induction nod, but hell if I can find that.
-
TSM Hall of Fame
-
I thought we already had one and Man in Blak was the first inductee. Not quite sure how any of that happened or if it even did happen, but I referred to MiB as a HOFer many times in last year's tournament. Huh... well then I guess you moving on will be some new blood after all.
-
Czech's assessment of me as "just a guy" is pretty spot on and I have no idea how I manage so many votes AND get "# favourite poster", but hey, that's awesome and I love you guys for it. Votes (and I could easily vote for all 8 here without a problem): Me - this should make it 13-12, which is incredibly close with about 50% of the votes already in. Hopefully it doesn't end up 38-12 when the rest flow in. King - really tough vote here (in fact, before posting this, Slayer's name was here with a different explanation) and though Slayer is funny and great and has been voting for me, King is also worthy of the vote. I'd love to see Me vs. Slayer in a rematch of the TSM Poster Tournament IV's 1st round (fun fact: I got obliterated!) but I'm going to follow in Slayer's footsteps and take the Survivor vote approach (though if I were to hypothetically make it to the final 4, I think I'd have a tough time with anyone I was matched with). Some new blood heading to the finals would be a nice change of pace from the Milky/Slayer/Czech/Lushus route we're on right now too. VX - Like both, but Czech wants to lose and I'll be happy to help. Lushus - The common man posting hard with his hands wins another vote for the Gina sig.
-
My Rock Band friend also has a broken drum set which kinda hurt our last session but we still had fun since he downloaded Buddy Holly and other songs.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Much better than last week's non-update until Thursday (which is good since there's a lot of stuff I want to watch this week), but like week 1, Cogeco has zero shorties up right now. Unrelated, the updated VOD menus with prices and a green time bar that looks like a Tivo graphic are now on all the boxes in the house. -
13-10 for Milky... this is closer than I thought it would be. Thanks everyone!
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
I think 50% is a very high guess. -
wikipedia says yes.
-
Fun fact: Brockville is one of the oldest cities in Ontario and is named after the British general Sir Isaac Brock.
-
Well, the general point was some people love Toronto for it's opportunities and being a major city and all that jazz, but others can lost in the mass of humanity sweeping through. It's not always the glamorous city American's hear about in movies that aren't filmed in NYC but pretend they are.
-
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a vote today. (By "pay" I mean "do nothing").
-
The province of Alberta pays great for everything and has low tax, but I'm told they have a high cost of living. As far as I can tell, Toronto is where people go to have their spirits crushed, but results can vary. A friend of mine - about 5 years removed from an experience where he left home to make it on his own but got screwed over by a potential apartment mate backing out of a lease and ended up living in an internet cafe while working at a pornography store before coming home a few months later a defeated man (so I take it - he didn't want to discuss the full story then and I haven't asked since) - is now thinking about moving there AGAIN, so it must have it's big city charms.
-
I saw an episode of Super Password with Mary Anne from Perfect Strangers this afternoon. Good times.
-
Fun JN News fact: He's been here since 2002!
-
Fun Tournament Fact: Black Lushus popularized the "Explain Your Vote" trend in 2006's "TSM Poster Tournament IV" (note the classy use of Roman Numerals that year). He apologized for it after certain voters used it as a method to bash 32 losers instead of praise 32 winners.
-
Hey I was thinking the same thing! But now I can't take credit for it if it happens... I originally assumed Khali was HHH's opponent, but as he's already in, that would seem pointless.
-
Folks I have another problem there's a CENTIPEDE right near me
DrVenkman PhD replied to Kawalimus's topic in General Chat
While I ain't afraid of no ghosts, I'm just not keen on spiders.The whole bug eyes thing really creeps me out. -
Phew... when I saw CG voting, I figured I'd either get a vote against for beating you or a respect vote for the same. Luckily it was the latter.
-
Folks I have another problem there's a CENTIPEDE right near me
DrVenkman PhD replied to Kawalimus's topic in General Chat
I keep thinking those "Riddex" devices or whatever they're called I see advertised on TV might do the trick for me. Spiders creep me right out. One time I saw a scary looking dark black one walking around the ceiling - I went to get it but before I got anywhere close to it, it LEAPED (or possibly fell after a poor webbing attempt) to a table with crap that was set up out of the way in a corner, making an audible noise when it landed. I left the area immediately and hoped that it died on impact, but I certainly wasn't digging around to look. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
I ASSUME ScoreHD in Canada would be getting the HD feed of Raw and SmackDown, but who knows. If someone from Canada can confirm this for me someday, I might actually finally start paying the $12 a month it costs to go HD here (obviously it would be good for other shows too but I never really thought about it much before... I keep holding out for some sort of price drop). For clarification, because I've seen others mention confusion / outrage over HD charges, the breakdown is that it costs $5 more a month to rent a standard HD receiver for (as opposed to one that can record shows... that's $15 more a month) than it does a regular digital receiver. They give you two free channels (CTV and CBC I think) and for $7 a month, you get the "HD Package". For an additional $2.50 (I think), they add DiscoveryHD and HDNet to the line-up. -
At one point I thought it was a masked ninja (why silver instead of black, I didn't know) holding a sword, but I've since determined the "sword" is either light hitting the shelf behind him or something silver that is a bit shinier than the shelf itself.
-
I didn't realize he left again because up until December he had been posting frequently in WWE land. Was the whole "Black Rock" argument that stunk up the WWE folder that month enough to cause him to flee?
-
I wasn't being terribly serious, CW.
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
NOT a Pimp Daddy, but posted before I did. Is a man on a mission.