Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Yeah I couldn't remember if it had a legitimate good launch or a critical good launch. In my memory, they shipped too many units and over estimated demand, meaning I could walk into any store and buy one... but memory also tells me it was labeled one of the biggest money making days to date (because of the 9999 campaign, perhaps?). Clearly those two things shouldn't co-exist so I must be remembering one (or both) of them wrong.
  2. This just may be the end of my 2008 run, but hey, 4th highest win margin in round 1, THE highest (well, tied) win margin in round 2, and a lot of positive comments. This was a good run indeed. Like Slayer, King, and others said about the last round, I'm at a point now where I could easily vote for all 16 people left in this thing, so nothing personal. 1. Milky - I have nothing to say to elaborate on this. 2. Me 1. Kamala - We'd have our second Battle of the Kings in a row here if KKC didn't become KB, but it's all good. This is a real tough choice BUT I'm giving Kamala the nod because despite how complimentary he is of me, I voted AGAINST him last round. Kinda makes you feel bad, eh? 2. Slayer - Like em both, but one of them voted for me in round 2, one of them didn't (though I would have voted Slayer anyway). 4. Kinetic - Czech doesn't want to win so might as well help Kinetic. 3. Dandy - Another tough one - again, a case of two guys who are both good AND both support me, so who do you pick? I like EHME TC's rising star. 1. BL 3. Smues - refraining from voting Al? What's the deal?
  3. So, should I... 1. Assume Czech already counted the votes in advance during the lull and only needed to add Andrew's, thus we will be ready for round 3 momentarily. 2. Assume he's busy making fancy graphics and triple counting the votes, meaning I should call it a night and get some sleep before work? Edit: Question answered!
  4. They're also really tired. Making them do the entire course in wet clothes is probably torture, but yeah, never thought of the slippery shoe problem.
  5. Is not aware of the management styles of Jimmy J. James.
  6. Fun "Round 2" fact: luke-o voted for me as his "3rd favourite poster", but subsequently called Kamala that in the "Poster Above You" thread.
  7. It's ONLY the franchise that made the Dreamcast the hit it was in the fall of 1999. Well, bad example... but a CRITICAL hit in the fall of 1999. I think.
  8. Matt's down 16 votes. I don't want to face kkk!
  9. Yes sir. From wikipedia:
  10. Czech, I guess. We have some close rounds! This being the voting thread and all.
  11. Has Cowboy Numbers voted since his defeat? It would appear not, and I see you in here, so get votin'!
  12. I don't see any more votes coming - at the very least, not enough to change anything. And as Milky said, this thread has become a mess. Close up shop, start Round 3.
  13. That doesn't change the fact he's been in all the DTV American Pie sequels.
  14. The film's director does not even have her own wikipedia entry. What does THAT tell you? Probably nothing.
  15. I shouldn't know anything about anyone taking things too seriously. Don't make me quote Dames! Man, I remember when we used to get TBS in Canada. Thanks a lot, "Peachtree TV".
  16. Dude, everyone is just messing with you and nothing EHME says should be listened to (sudden popularity be damned), so why are you taking this so hard? It's just a tournament - it unites, divides, then reunites us all again and is supposed to provide some fun and some examples of people putting over other people or themselves. It's all a self congratulatory celebration of something that should probably be left uncelebrated - but damnit, it's tradition, and a tradition that's supposed to be fun.
  17. Well I know I was let down Disco wasn't the protege in 1997. I had been hearing that a lot at the time.
  18. So, I was pretty sure last week when I was watching Fox, they called tonight's Sarah Connor Chronicles a 2 hour event, and spman is agreeing with me about hearing that too. Either we both misheard or Fox changed their mind (it's now a "2 day event"), because there are new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad on tonight. As for last weeks Sunday night showing, the way KOTH has been this season I almost thought they'd have Ladybird join Cotton as a dead character, but I guess she's just deaf. Simpsons and American Dad were both good - Simpsons was a bit silly, but that's not new in this era and as long as I laugh, good enough.
  19. I still think he's winning the March tournament.
  20. Yeah, Johnny Ace's blunder in singing the wrong guy before eventually signing Zach Gowan - a SmackDown wrestler - was a HUGE detriment to Raw's ratings in 2003 and is definitely a top reason for the slide since 2000. Disco nailed that one.
  21. 25-10... not as close as I thought it would be and I'm feeling comfortable about a round 3. Who knows what will happen overnight though.
  22. My Black Saturday recap for WO.com What a shameless self promoter I am.
  23. This is the second time this week Carlito pulled a Vanhalen.
×
×
  • Create New...