Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I think at some point during the verbal browbeating DiBiase was giving Razor, money was offered for him to clean his house or something. I don't actually remember this, but I do recall Heenan vaguely bringing it up during SummerSlam 93 commentary ("the domesticated Bad Guy").
  2. Loving it.
  3. Man I thought you guys would be all over Orton's "WWF" slip. All we have is one mention of it by HTQ!
  4. Good lord this is taking a long time to download... but I had a pretty awful net connection for some reason. The miis that were in the parade were some guy named wiines and 7 others I didn't have time to stop for a name (I had been up for all of 2 minutes).
  5. "WWE Dating Game" was one of the greatest non-wrestling segments I've seen on a wrestling show in ages. Regal's smarmy comments were great and Santino was actually very funny in his delivery. I demand a sequel next week (Match Game?).
  6. That blue light bothered me this morning when I woke up since I thought I turned notifications off, but it didn't say I had any messages either. Where do I look for the update, WiiShop? I also had 8 Miis wonder over finally. Yeah!
  7. Reset? Yes, mentioned earlier in the week by Meltz. Panic is the word in Stamford.
  8. I saw someone ask this in a ComiCon video but the audience just boo'd the guy and Dave Cohen's answer was the asker would be beaten. I don't know if it was becuase it was asked during a Futurama session or because that was considered a spoiler.
  9. http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...c=17087&hl= "Holy shoot did you guys see Mark Lynn Baker in there all roided up as Doug Basham? Cousin Larry is doing well for himself" I then followed it up with it's own pointless thread: http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...c=17113&hl= The only way I know of to find old posts (easily) is to go to members search, click on "view members posts", then click the button for the last page.
  10. Woman makes her 24/7 return this week on ECW, but they didn't have much choice.
  11. I figured that had to be a match where Goldberg did the jackhammer to him because they billed The Giant as being 533 lbs. One of the few instances of WCW exaggerating a number the conventional way (as opposed to Tony Schiavonie putting over an attendance number that is LOWER than the real attendance as would happen later).
  12. Sadly, no. It cuts to his promo with Rude and it's the correct take.
  13. Last night was a long night, watched the Primetime SummerSlam special followed by SummerSlam 89. I couldn't FF during SummerSlam because I was recording it (taping over a 2nd gen Coliseum dub I received in the mail a few years ago). Hart Foundation vs Brainbusters was great, but perhaps a little too great: it's sets a tempo for the show nothing else comes close to, though the Rockers/Tito vs. Martel/Rogeaus match comes close. Ventura and Tony were a pretty good team, actually. "You're even stupider than Monsoon!". That Tazz/Spicolli match is... interesting.
  14. More music confusion: Snuka's theme is apparently ok despite being edited from DVDs and video games.
  15. Those PYBO choices made me suspect next month would be a repeat "Flight 24/7" theme, and it is, but I don't remember these programs being part of it last August. I only had the last 2 weeks or so, but I recall the Shorties all being like "Jamie Noble shops in Thailand" and "Torrie Wilson buys clothes in Japan". This version sounds much better: September 2007: Flight 24/7: Destination Worldwide Grab your passport and hop on board as “Flight 24/7: Destination Worldwide” takes around the world to explore great international events and Superstars. Legends WWE Hall of Fame: The Iron Sheik – Nobody has ever riled up the fans like the Iron Sheik. Gene Okerlund looks back at the Iranian’s career, starting with the Sheik’s early days in the AWA to his legendary, heated battles with Bob Backlund and Sgt. Slaughter and tag team triumphs with Nikolai Volkoff. Plus, watch the Iron Sheik steal the show at his outrageous 2005 Hall of Fame Induction. Spectacular Legacy of the AWA – One of wrestling’s great promotions, the American Wrestling Association (AWA) thrilled fans for decades and launched the careers of some of sports entertainment’s biggest stars, including Verne Gagne, Hulk Hogan, the Iron Sheik, Jesse “the Body” Ventura, the Road Warriors and Shawn Michaels. The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA traces the history of the organization, from its glory days during the ‘60s and ‘70s to its demise at the hands of the WWE. The Big Ones WWE European Rampage ’91 – WWE Superstars head across the pond to London’s Royal Albert Hall for an incredible event. A huge Battle Royal features Roddy Piper, the British Bulldog and the Road Warriors. Hacksaw Jim Duggan faces The Undertaker. Tito Santana battles Ric Flair. Shawn Michaels leads the Rockers against the Nasty Boys and much more. WCW Collision in Korea – A truly unique experience as top stars from WCW head to communist North Korea in 1995 for an incredible show. All-time greats face off when “Nature Boy” Ric Flair battles Antonio Inoki. Plus, a look at the spectacular festivities surrounding this event. TV Classics The Monday Night War – Two (2) new episodes as the battle for Monday Night dominance continues between WWE and WCW. On Nitro, the nWo strengthens its ranks with a controversial new member. On Raw, Superstars jockey for position with WrestleMania XIII on the horizon. Sycho Sid and Bret “The Hitman” Hart square off in a Steel Cage with the WWE Championship on the line. World Class Championship Wrestling – As the calendar turns to 1983, the rivalry between the Fabulous Freebirds and the Von Erich family ignites WCCW. See the explosive outcome when Ric Flair battles Kerry Von Erich for the NWA World Title and hear the stories as Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich bring you the action. Shorties William Regal is your tour guide as “Flight 24/7” brings you classic action featuring some of the top international Superstars. Those featured include Andre the Giant (France), Carlos Colon (Puerto Rico), Mil Mascaras (Mexico), the Dynamite Kid (England), Jushin “Thunder” Liger (Japan), The Sheepherders (New Zealand) and others.
  16. I enjoyed MNW this week, but I knew I would. I was actually pretty into the ending of Nitro with Savage and Liz and such. I must have been in a good mood while watching because I even found Blackjacks vs. Godwins to be a competent bout. I remembered thinking Vince's line about calling the nWo a "clothing line" was a bizarre cover for all the nWo shirts people were wearing to Fed shows, but I recently learned (though Observer quotes, maybe) that there was a NWO clothing line marketed to gays, so maybe he really did mean that all along. LOD's return was cool, good pop from the crowd. Speaking of the crowd, you gotta love them chanting "Nitro sucks!", Lawler claiming he didn't understand the chant and asking Vince what was being said, and Vince trying not to chuckle with amusement Lawler was such a heel that the crowd chanting "Bischoff sucks" angered him! I miss that era of Lawler. I also liked that they had Joey Styles as a special guest. I'm finding that, while the odd time Cole will point something out (like the "Royal Rumble Raw" where he called WWE cocky for mentioning Nitro, but not by name), he doesn't say much more than a one sentence recap of what we just watched. It was nice to see him interacting with someone and actually telling a story.
  17. WWE.com is slowly updating the 24/7 page. Next month's PYBO poll is between In Your House: Great White North, One Night Only, and Insurextion 03. What an odd bunch (must be an international theme next month).
  18. Where was Benoit during this Nitro? The Horsemen promo said only Jarrett and McMichael were healthy. Works out well for editors, I guess.
  19. "Promotional consideration paid for by the following" makes it all better. Hayes vs Heenan was on 24/7 last September, it was pretty interesting to see.
  20. I did this before, but for some reasons did it in CS instead of General. Anyway, it was me saying that Doug Basham as a jobber on Velocity looked like a built version of Mark-Linn Baker (Larry from Perfect Strangers). That got some good discussion going.
  21. Could Sid be the answer to ratings gold?
  22. If I wanted to be one of those people that hated HHH, I would point out that the ratings dropping are consistent with the amount of times they mention his impending return.
  23. Wonder if with the Raw rating his 30 day suspension will turn into 30 days of working for free on TV and not doing house shows. I suspect they;ll just do the actual suspension due to all that's going on.
  24. "Because if it was anyone else as champ, it would be done in a heartbeat." Well Diesel had a good long run with the title while drawing some of the worst buytates and house show attendances in company history. JBL wasn't exactly setting business on fire during his reign that people kept calling for an end to every month (until the Big Show feud) either.
  25. I'm pretty sure I actually heard the "accidental win" version of the story long before I had heard of Scott Keith. I either heard it from former Detroit News writer / free hotline reporter and convicted pedophile ML Curly or from the Cody Boines wrestling wrap hotline on the local "talking yellow pages". Now THAT's nostalgia.
×
×
  • Create New...