TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One And Only WWE Royal Rumble 2003 Thread

I agree that once Jericho goes, the match definitely takes a turn for the worse, but I'd still rank this Rumble somewhere in my top five. Up until the first 3MW guy comes in around # 15 or 16, it offically gets a little dull.

Besides the obvious 'Test eliminating Jericho' gripe, my only other problem was the finish. I didn't mind the hosserific final four as much as others, but Lesnar just lightly threw Taker over and out.. it should have been lightning quick and vicious. Even worse is Taker eliminating Kane seconds earlier.

Funniest part of the thread: As everyone goes nuts for Jericho throughout the thread, Angleplex randomly predicts that Test eliminates him.. then the board shuts down for about 20 minutes, and people not watching are greeted with "And Test DID eliminate Jericho".

I agree. Nathan Jones got some BADASS pre-debut promos, but as soon as he hit tv, it was all downhill from there. Anyone remember the rumor that went around that WWE legitimately signed him without even bothering to see if he actually knew how to wrestle? It was something about how they signed him on his look and nothing else.

I still remember the spin kick o' doom when he saved the Undertaker one night on smackdown. Does anyone have the animated gif of that still?

Yeah the Jones promos were cool...he himself was pretty bad though.

The 2003 Rumble isn't one of the best really. I always dislike a Rumble where a guy with a # like 29 wins it. It makes total sense that Lesnar at 29 would be fresh and would win, but it doesn't really have that one guy you rally behind to win it. Jericho was the best shot at that but as others have said, TEST eliminated him.

Yeah the Jones promos were cool...he himself was pretty bad though.

The 2003 Rumble isn't one of the best really.  I always dislike a Rumble where a guy with a # like 29 wins it.  It makes total sense that Lesnar at 29 would be fresh and would win, but it doesn't really have that one guy you rally behind to win it.  Jericho was the best shot at that but as others have said, TEST eliminated him.

Actually, the story was that Lesnar wasn't even that fresh, even with 29.

Remember, he did fight The Big Show earlier in the evening to earn the spot in the Royal Rumble.

The only thing I remember about that ppv was the awesome angle/benoit match.

Btw,while the angle/benoit match is one of my favorite wwe matches,their match from unforgiven 2002 doesn't get enough praise.It was the 2002 match of the year imo.

The Steiner/HHH match ended in a d/q, but I for one rather enjoyed it.

1) There was a spot where Steiner went for the Screwdriver, but HHH reversed it into a Diamond Cutter, I loved that!

2) Flair's reactions was classic, as always.

3) It was weird as hell seeing HHH get HUGE face pops, and Steiner getting HUGE heel heat. I think we can look for a turn here people, Steiner is just MEANT to be a heel.

...I loved the match, it isn't as good as most, but no where near as bad as I thought, and besides, the ending made Steiner look mega strong, he basicly CONTROLLED the match, HHH was Steiner's bitch tonight.

Benoit vs. Angle is on now, Team Angle has been banned from ringside.

I thought you were being sarcastic when you said Downhome loved HHH/Steiner....