TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

1.) Why weren't Kama & IRS part of the Million Dollar Team at SSeries 94?

2.) Did Sting and Hogan ever face each other in televised bouts prior to Starrcade 97?

5.) Did Hogan ever get his JOB back from Goldberg following the defeat in Atlanta?

6.) What was the real reason for Sting's absence following Hart's savage beating on him at HH 98?

1. Kama had yet to debut and IRS was being saved for the Undertaker.

2. Yes. Nitro 6 days before World War 3 1995.

5. No.

6. If it wasn't injury, it might have been that he was off fliming that TNT movie, Shutter Speed.

What was up with Randy Savage being absent from WCW from about Novmember 96 until January 97? I heard his contract was about to expire so they took him off tv until he renewed it.

I even think he was rumoured to be at Survivor Series 96 as a surprise partner in the spot that eventually went to Jimmy Snuka.

Edit: Also, what ever happened to that Cruiserweight Tournament in WCW that was rumoured to happen in 98? it seemed like WCW was getting ready for one when they booked the title to change 4 times from Starrcade to Souled out.

Edited by deancoles411

What was Ultimate Warriors first clean loss on tv?

Did he ever have a clean pinfall loss in the WWF? i don't know about WCW though as I never watched it when he was there

Guest HTQ's Personal Bitch

He never had one on WWF TV or WCW TV, to the best of my knowledge.

Believe it or not, he suffered a loss to "King" Harley Race in the WWF but it wasn't televised.

Believe it or not, he suffered a loss to "King" Harley Race in the WWF but it wasn't televised.

Thanks, my friend and I thought the guy had never jobbed clean on television. Too protected at all times.

Edit: Also, what ever happened to that Cruiserweight Tournament in WCW that was rumoured to happen in 98? it seemed like WCW was getting ready for one when they booked the title to change 4 times from Starrcade to Souled out.

I don't remember one in 1998.

I do, however, remember the "Cruiserweight Title Tournament" that started in 1996 to crown the first champion...even though it didn't start until after Shinjiro Otani had already won the title in Japan. It was supposedly double elimination with only Dean Malenko actually jobbing twice before they finally gave up and acknowledged Otani's title victory.

1) Owen and Davey had just defeated the Headbangers in the tag title tourny back in 97. Jim Cornette brought out a tag team, i believe it was the Headhunters. Owen and davey went at it with them, then they squashed the headbangers. I never saw them on TV again, what happend?.

2) If Niedhart hadn't left the wwf in 95, would jim and owen have won the tag titles @ WM XI instead of Owen and yokozuna?.

Guest Astro

Boo_Bradley what a guy

What was up with the booking in late '91 and beginning of '92? When they hotshotted the title from Hogan to UT and back in 6 days, then vacated it and had Flair win at the Rumble.

Also, what would have ended up happening had Warrior won the title from Savage and gone heel at SS92? Would they have built up to Warrior/Bret?

Also, what would have ended up happening had Warrior won the title from Savage and gone heel at SS92? Would they have built up to Warrior/Bret?

They'd probably do Warrior/Undertaker until they got Hogan to came back.

What was up with the booking in late '91 and beginning of '92? When they hotshotted the title from Hogan to UT and back in 6 days

1) To make Taker a main eventer with a world title reign to his credit as well as to boost the buyrate of Tuesday in Texas. They had to do something for people to watch 2 pay-per-views in a week.

2) I don't know but I doubt Bret would have been main eventing. The only reason he got the belt from Flair is because Vince didn't have any other logical options at the time. If Warrior had stayed around, Vince wouldn't have had to focus all his energies on making Bret a top star.

You know how if someone puts on a figure four leglock and you reverse the hold and turn it over so the pressure is on them? Has anyone tapped out to that? They put on the figure four, but it was reversed on them, so they gave up?

Guest Fook

What was the original plan for the Austin/Rock/HHH match at Survivor Series 99 before they had to put Big Show in there since Austin couldn't wrestle?

1.) What did Piper interfere in the Warrior / Rude match at SummerSlam 89?

2.) Any reason Vader / Cactus Jack at HH 93 was non-title?

3.) Who ended Mr. Perfect's streak on TV?

Who was the 1st guy Sid Justice wrestled on WWF tv? I want to say it was a quick squash on Colonel Mustafa(remember a match on Superstars that went Mustafa sneak attack, Sid recovers to kick to the ribs, powerbomb) but I'm not sure.

3.) Who ended Mr. Perfect's streak on TV?

Nationally, I believe it was Brutus Beefcake at WrestleMania VI, but Perfect did lose an IC Title match to the Ultimate Warrior in March of 1990 that was on the MSG Network.

1.) What did Piper interfere in the Warrior / Rude match at SummerSlam 89?

If you mean *why*, they had gotten into an argument/shoving match on Prime Time a week or two prior, but I don't remember the details.

2.)  Any reason Vader / Cactus Jack at HH 93 was non-title?

Because WCW was run by idiots? Other than that, I got nothing.

Guest wildpegasus

Not quite old school but it's almost there.

In Foley's book he eludes to his last Wrestlemania match not being quite as good as it could be because he was in disageement? or had some heat? with one of the competitors. What was he talking about?

2.) Any reason Vader / Cactus Jack at HH 93 was non-title?

I believe it was explained that Cactus Jack demanded the match be non-title, because the match wasn't about the title and that it really didn't matter as much to him as beating Vader did.

Did Savage ever have any televised matches against The Undertaker or Mr. Perfect?

1) At Survivor Series 87, what was the deal with the Bees and the Young Stallions being the Sole Survivors of the 20 Man Tag. Were they set for pushes?

2) How did they explain Hogan and Orndorff teaming together and acting like buddies in the SurSer 87 main event?

2) How did they explain Hogan and Orndorff teaming together and acting like buddies in the SurSer 87 main event?

Orndorff, was a face at that time, so no explanation required by the WWF. All faces are friends remember... :D and all heels are friends as well :D

1) At Survivor Series 87, what was the deal with the Bees and the Young Stallions being the Sole Survivors of the 20 Man Tag. Were they set for pushes?

The Stallions were in the middle of a pseudo-push, having gotten a lot of wins on TV against midcard teams as well as nearly winning the titles from The Hart Foundation on SNME about two months earlier. Actually, didn't the Stallions get a non-title victory over the Harts late that summer?