TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Leicester fans hate Derby County. I can vouch for that being a Derby fan living in Leicester (but born in Derby).

Leicester fans also really hate Villa. For obvious reasons. (Brian Little, Julian Joachim, Simon Grayson etc.)

Leicester fans are slightly indifferent to Coventry and Birmingham City.

Leicester fans seem to hate Forest simply because its Nottingham, and everyone in Leicester hates Nottingham the city. (Rightly so if you ask me).

One last thing, Leicester fans HATE Wolves. And I mean HATE.

Cheers.

Although, are there any teams who class Leicester as their *main* local rival? We have Derby, Derby have us, Villa have Birmingham and Wolves have West Brom.

Poor old Leicester. So much hate and no one special to really share it with.

I fucking hate Wolves too. Tony Vaughan was sent off at Molenuix after he was headbutted by Akinbyi. Vaughan is lying on the ground unconcious and the ref shows him a red card. Plus in the same game Disco Dave goes to put the ball out for a throw in as a Wolves player was down injured and Michael fucking Branch stops the ball from going out of play and scores.

Cheating bastards.

But Coventry fans really hate Leicester. Living near Coventry, I've read Coventry fanzines that my Cov-supporting friends own, and they are full of Villa and Leicester hate. Not very witty (changing the Walkers on the Leicester shirts to Wankers), but this IS Coventry we're talking about.

Guest frowned

dang - that Walkers = Wankers thing made me snigger.

that can prolly be explained by the fact that us Norwich fans have been known to label Ipswich as "Ipshit" (it was clever in middle school, I swear) and refer to their ground as "Poorman Road".

Leicester fans HATE Wolves. And I mean HATE.

Yeah, but everyone hates Wolves.

I don't, they gave us 3 million for Ade Akinbiyi which makes up for them beating us 6-1 a few years ago.

Question For Leicester Fans.

Who do you consider to be your main local rivals?

I only ask as I and all the Forest fans I know don't care at all about Leicester, and all the Derby fans I know are also pretty apathetic. But all my Leicester mates hate the both of us and Villa for some reason.

It only seems to be Villa fans that on the whole genuinly hate Leicester, so would it be them? I'd imagine it would be, but only really because for most of history us and Derby have been in the top flight (where we both belong) and you and Villa have been scambling round in the lower leagues, like us and Derby now.

So who it?

I wouldn't really disagree with much of what Caboose said earlier but i'll add my two cents anyway.

Its right to say Leicester don't have a proper rival team to hate with a burning passion. Being E. Midlands, Forest and Derby are no 1 & 2 but its those two teams who definately share a deeper and more genuine rivalry, the rivalry Leicester have with Forest and Derby is no more special than how it is with Villa and Coventry really. Almost every City fan who lives towards the southern end of the county (i think this is right, i'm crap with local geography) have to contend with either living near or working with Coventry fans, the cut-off point for Warwickshire (forgive me if i'm mixed up), or around that area is a 50/50 split between the two sets of fans (Leicester fanzines normally have a little bit of anti-Cov stuff if its written by somebody living that way, to them its the team most important to beat). Wolves are still a biggish rival but its not hateful like it was when Mark McGhee was there and for a couple of years after he left. Millwall because of Dennis Wise also count a little for as long as he's there and there's always been a healthy dislike for Spurs since the 1999 League Cup final. They probably don't care now Savage is gone.

Fairly bad day for Pompey as Wolves and Man City got wins and Leeds got an unlikely draw.

We're still just above the relegation zone, but it's gettin more dangerous every week, and with us Cupping it tommorrow, Leicester could leapfrog us.

Ah well, fingers crossed.

A Forest fan and me at Rotherham today;

"He's Fat! He's Round! He's Sending Derby Down! Joe Kinnear! Joe Kinnear!

Joe Kinnear Is Magic!

He Wears A Magic Hat!

And When He Saw The Forest Job

He Said I'm Having That!

He's Got No Time For Leicester!

Or Derby 'Cos They're Shite!

But He Said I'll Go To Forest

Cos They're Fucking Dynomite!"

'ere mate, Derby have won....

"Sack The Board! Sack The Board!"

Bloody Derby.

Still 1-1 away at Rotherham isn't too bad and we showed more improvements overall today than when Hart was in charge. We're getting there.

Oh, and Franchise, do you actually go to games or not?

A Forest fan and me at Rotherham today;

"He's Fat! He's Round! He's Sending Derby Down! Joe Kinnear! Joe Kinnear!

Joe Kinnear Is Magic!

He Wears A Magic Hat!

And When He Saw The Forest Job

He Said I'm Having That!

He's Got No Time For Leicester!

Or Derby 'Cos They're Shite!

But He Said I'll Go To Forest

Cos They're Fucking Dynomite!"

'ere mate, Derby have won....

"Sack The Board! Sack The Board!"

Bloody Derby.

Still 1-1 away at Rotherham isn't too bad and we showed more improvements overall today than when Hart was in charge. We're getting there.

Oh, and Franchise, do you actually go to games or not?

Great song!

I am indeed a season ticket holder, i live just 100 yards from Pride Park.

Excellent.

Just though I'd ask cos it annoys me no end when one Leicester mate of mine who has *never* gone to a game goes on and on and what a great team they have.

And then of course there the *die-hard*, *blade till i die*, *bleed Red and White* Sheffield United fan i know who went to three games last year; the League Cup semi-final, the FA Cup semi-final and the home leg of the Play-Off sem-final.

Excellent.

Just though I'd ask cos it annoys me no end when one Leicester mate of mine who has *never* gone to a game goes on and on and what a great team they have.

And then of course there the *die-hard*, *blade till i die*, *bleed Red and White* Sheffield United fan i know who went to three games last year; the League Cup semi-final, the FA Cup semi-final and the home leg of the Play-Off sem-final.

Are you going to the Derby-Forest game?

Yep, course I am.

Every game, home and away, really should get a life etc etc

Not exactly looking forward to it, but yeah I'll be there. Had a good time there last year, despite your lot cheating us out of a win as THERE WAS NO FUCKING WAY JONO WAS OFFSIDE YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!

ahem.

Anyway, we'll be more than safe by then, obviously.... :unsure:

Fucking A!

Pompey 1 Liverpool 0

We got outplayed all game, but scored a flukey goal and now we're through.

YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!

I'm about dead from exhaustion after the Spurs-Leicester game. The defending from both teams was absolutely atrocious (i knew we're crap but Doherty & Richards are just as bad as what we have), some of them were taken well but every goal was at least preventable if not completely soft. Leicester were awful in the first half but deserved a point in the end, going 4-3 up with 10 men was amazing but they never hold on to anything. Nice to see Dickov give Tarrico a good bit of stick, he's Robbie Savage+10 attitude wise but nobody likes Tarrico. Wolves next week is the crunch, lose that and we've had it, win it and there's a fighting chance.

How many leads do Leicester want to blow?

If you back through the season and add up all the points Leicester have dropped through blowing second half leads, Leicester would be something like 7th or 8th.

I know, i've wanted to pull my hair out all season. You could go mad saying 'what if' this season but its silly really because at the end of the day it just proves we aren't quite good enough. Our strikers have been excellent all season so its tough on them but i've felt we've been in the process of fighting a losing battle all season because our defence and midfield (especially minus Izzet, heard he got beat up in town!) aren't good enough to protect us.

Don't know if its true or just a silly rumour that's got out of hand and exaggerated. Heard it initially from a mate of my Dad's who's one of those fans who prides himself on knowing everything thats going on behind the scenes (has a Leicester AND Forest season ticket believe it or not) and i've heard whispers elsewhere. Adams did give him a week off to 'get his head straight' or something during his layoff. Could be bollocks i suppose, might come out in the future maybe.

Guest frowned

"It says here we're getting Hoddle..."

"I wonder what we did wrong in our past lives to deserve him!"

Gold.