TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest Lightning Flik
Hey, If you piss someone off by cutting their ass with low morale; and they then refuse to negotiate with you on a new contract, is there any way to get them back and negotiate? Or does it heal with time? *crosses fingers*

If their morale hits 0, your fucked. Release them and let them work elsewhere and then bring them back and try to keep them happy.

I'm trying my hardest not to let Paul London drop that far down. Cause he's not too happy with me pushing him down the card. *looks at morale* ...well, he's at 14 now. That's definitely better than 12.

Oh and Pre-Ravex idea for matches/feuds: Seth Knight and Austin Lee work well.

Guest JacK

Well, I realeased slash, brian lee and syxx-pac when there morale was in te thirties, and now they wont negotioate a new contract.

Edit: So they will get morale back and eventually work for me again?

Guest Brush with Greatness

Well, I survived.

I survived a drop to a PI of 5% on National and I survived dropping to $-1,500,000. I survived the upstart Vampire Zone Fighting trying to be the #3 promotion in North America by beating them out to the point where they are almost down to cult. I survived uprises by Major League Wrestling and Ring of Honor to the point where MLW went out of business and ROH is back in Cult.

But perhaps the greatest move was getting the Fox contract. Now when I got the Fox contract I was about 1.5 million in the hole and my production was only at 65% (Fox wants 75%). So week 1 with the TV show leads to Fox telling me to up my production. However, I can't afford this. Same thing happens in week two. I'm making money at this point but still in the hole a few hundred g's and can't afford to up my production. However, one more week and I should be able to afford this. But will Fox let me go a third straight week with not complying to their demands to up my production values? Will the show get cancelled if I run this time. So come my third TV show (and possible cancellation by Fox) I decide to host my Large Event that day instead. This saves my TV show, gives me enough cash to up my production and continue on towards greatness.

ECW have firmly established themselves as the #3 promotion in EWR. And better yet, I have managed to make main eventers out of my written contract guys CM Punk, Tito Ortiz, Spanky, Colt Cobana, and the Briscoes.

Now all I have to do is catch NWA (PI 93% National). This could take awhile. I'm still down at 18% National.

Guest Lightning Flik
Well, I realeased slash, brian lee and syxx-pac when there morale was in te thirties, and now they wont negotioate a new contract

I said you gotta wait a bit. Geezus. You can't find a quick fix for that stuff.

Guest JacK

I have waited a couple of months, and there still pissed off. But they'll forgive me! Cool! Thanks!

*rushes back to TNA*

Guest Lightning Flik
Well, I survived.

I survived a drop to a PI of 5% on National and I survived dropping to $-1,500,000.  I survived the upstart Vampire Zone Fighting trying to be the #3 promotion in North America by beating them out to the point where they are almost down to cult.  I survived uprises by Major League Wrestling and Ring of Honor to the point where MLW went out of business and ROH is back in Cult.

Well. That's nice. Hopefully you'll do better and crush everyone. I'm still trying to get above 50PI in my game and make a mad dash for Global and crush anyone in my way.

But perhaps the greatest move was getting the Fox contract.  Now when I got the Fox contract I was about 1.5 million in the hole and my production was only at 65% (Fox wants 75%).  So week 1 with the TV show leads to Fox telling me to up my production.  However, I can't afford this.  Same thing happens in week two.  I'm making money at this point but still in the hole a few hundred g's and can't afford to up my production.  However, one more week and I should be able to afford this.  But will Fox let me go a third straight week with not complying to their demands to up my production values?  Will the show get cancelled if I run this time.  So come my third TV show (and possible cancellation by Fox) I decide to host my Large Event that day instead.  This saves my TV show, gives me enough cash to up my production and continue on towards greatness.

Wow. That's just a hell of a story. I mean, your damn lucky you are still alive.

ECW have firmly established themselves as the #3 promotion in EWR.  And better yet, I have managed to make main eventers out of my written contract guys CM Punk, Tito Ortiz, Spanky, Colt Cobana, and the Briscoes.

Well, congrats. I've gotten Colt Cabana, Johnny Kashmere, Kid Kash, Marc Mero, Leo Branford (created) and Marcus Chavayada (created) to ME. It's fun making stars out of nothing.

Now all I have to do is catch NWA (PI 93% National).  This could take awhile.  I'm still down at 18% National.

Well, have you possibly boosted up your merchandise to 80% or a little more? Another idea is to have your Advertisments at 100 as well and that should help you grow even more.

Guest Angle-plex

I finally reached global with over half my roster more than 80 over. Only part the sucks now is that I don't know who to put on the pay per views.

Guest Lightning Flik
I finally reached global with over half my roster more than 80 over. Only part the sucks now is that I don't know who to put on the pay per views.

Just book eight feuds and go that way. Then either have a throw away match added or just throw on a hype feud/singles match for your "World Title" match.

That's about all you have to do. And congrats on the getting to Global.

I'm still trying to get my ass out of Cult.

Guest Memphis

Seriously Flik, how you CAN'T be King of this game astounds me. You have advice and suggestions that work for everyone else.

How's your pink slip streak going anyway? I have been absent from this thread for a few days and havn't been following up.

And yes, clicking previous page numbers IS too much trouble.

Guest Lightning Flik
Seriously Flik, how you CAN'T be King of this game astounds me. You have advice and suggestions that work for everyone else.

How's your pink slip streak going anyway? I have been absent from this thread for a few days and havn't been following up.

Well, I made it from September 1st, 2003 to December 27th, 2003. A day before my last event of the month. The same day as my last TV show for that month. So the streak is still at 7. Four PI kills and three bankruptcies.

I'm not King because for some reason I'm stuck at 50 PI. I don't know why, but I am. It's weird as fuck. Oh well, after this weekend, I should see a PI increase to 51 and the world will be alright.

If not something is fucked up.

Guest fazzle

So...I just gave the WWE title to Matt Hardy. I hope this doesn't blow up in my face.

Guest Lightning Flik
So...I just gave the WWE title to Matt Hardy. I hope this doesn't blow up in my face.

Ah. Hesitation is a good thing. If you hesitate, you can always think up something else that will be a good backup plan. Like how I'm second guessing having Marc Mero be my Supreme Champion.

It'll only blow up if you let it. So just push Matt to the moon and you'll be fine.

Guest fazzle
It'll only blow up if you let it. So just push Matt to the moon and you'll be fine.

I think I'll end up leaving the belt on him for a while, with him probably dropping it back to Angle at Wrestlemania. He's gonna be booked as a chickenshit champ with his stable(I made Mattitude into a full stable consisting of himself, Moore, Kanyon, Noble, and O'Haire) interfering in 99% of his defenses.

At either RR or Survivor Series(depending on how quickly I feel like booking it) I'm gonna do a Wargames with Mattitude vs. Angle, Brock, a turned WGTT, and an undetermined 5th face. Maybe Benoit.

So I know what I'm going to be doing 6 months down the line, but I have no fucking clue yet about tomorrow's Raw.

Of course, this is all assuming he doesn't bomb as champ.

Guest Lightning Flik
I think I'll end up leaving the belt on him for a while, with him probably dropping it back to Angle at Wrestlemania. He's gonna be booked as a chickenshit champ with his stable(I made Mattitude into a full stable consisting of himself, Moore, Kanyon, Noble, and O'Haire) interfering in 99% of his defenses.

At either RR or Survivor Series(depending on how quickly I feel like booking it) I'm gonna do a Wargames with Mattitude vs. Angle, Brock, a turned WGTT, and an undetermined 5th face. Maybe Benoit.

So I know what I'm going to be doing 6 months down the line, but I have no fucking clue yet about tomorrow's Raw.

Of course, this is all assuming he doesn't bomb as champ.

*laughs* I know that problem. I had my last three months knowing what to do but my last TV show before "End Of Days" was giving me headaches.

Guest TheArchiteck

I gave Chris Kanyon my midcard belt..."rWa City Championship"

I'm giving this guy a long reign....but he's not getting over at all.

He's raising the belt level..but he's stuck in midcard land.

I may just have him drop the belt to Paul London.

And also....I notice Sharmell always gets overness from anything thing.

No matter what I put her in, she gains overness.

I'll pair her and Booker up when Booker joins us.

Well, have you possibly boosted up your merchandise to 80% or a little more? Another idea is to have your Advertisments at 100 as well and that should help you grow even more.

Yeah, I always bust my Ad's up to 100% as soon as I can, no matter what the recommend amount be. An ad rate of 100% is worth the extra 300,000 compared to an ad rate of 70%. However, I don't think the ad rate makes as big of a difference as in 3.0.

New problem. Well, not really a problem per se. Roddy Piper, manager for my Asian Invasion stable (Taiyo Kea, Taka Michunoku, Jimmy Yang, Kaz Hayashi) has reported he will retire in one month. Now, Piper is one of the most over guys on my roster around an 88%.

What I want to do is give Piper one last run and have him give the rub to someone. The ideal feud would be Kea-Piper with Piper turning face after being booted from the stable, however I just started a feud with Kea v. Corino for the world title. Taka is wrapped up in a feud with Loki. Ortiz could use the rub to put him over the top, but he just started a feud with Ken Shamrock which will have a much better pay off match.

I just acquired a second TV show so I should have enough air time to give the feud justice (13 slots)

Basically my options amount to:

a) Hot shot the Kea v. Corino feud and start a Kea v. Piper one. This would have the best storyline to it but ending the Corino v. Kea feud abruptly may cause trouble.

b) Have Piper turn face and feud with CM Punk (heel 83%) to truly put Punk over the top yet have Piper go out as a face

c) Have Piper remain heel and feud with Frank Shamrock (over 69%). The Frank Shamrock-Tito feud didn't go as well as planned as Tito managed to get over but Frank struggled. I want Frank built up for a turn on Ken after Ken and Tito are done.

What's everyone think?

Guest Lightning Flik
Basically my options amount to:

a)  Hot shot the Kea v. Corino feud and start a Kea v. Piper one.  This would have the best storyline to it but ending the Corino v. Kea feud abruptly may cause trouble.

b)  Have Piper turn face and feud with CM Punk (heel 83%) to truly put Punk over the top yet have Piper go out as a face

c)  Have Piper remain heel and feud with Frank Shamrock (over 69%).  The Frank Shamrock-Tito feud didn't go as well as planned as Tito managed to get over but Frank struggled.  I want Frank built up for a turn on Ken after Ken and Tito are done.

What's everyone think?

A) Fucks things up too much. I wouldn't suggest fucking things up.

B) Sounds plausable and brings CM Punk up a little higher in the totem pole.

C) Frank's too low to feud. You won't be able to do it without Piper hating the idea.

Guest El Satanico
a)  Hot shot the Kea v. Corino feud and start a Kea v. Piper one.  This would have the best storyline to it but ending the Corino v. Kea feud abruptly may cause trouble.

b)  Have Piper turn face and feud with CM Punk (heel 83%) to truly put Punk over the top yet have Piper go out as a face

c)  Have Piper remain heel and feud with Frank Shamrock (over 69%).  The Frank Shamrock-Tito feud didn't go as well as planned as Tito managed to get over but Frank struggled.  I want Frank built up for a turn on Ken after Ken and Tito are done.

I'd go with option C

You need Frank to get over and quickly for your future storyline.

You don't want to risk screwing up your main event feud and Frank needs the rub more than CM Punk.

CM Punk is one good feud with anyone away from being majorly over. No need to use Piper.

EDIT: Like flik said Piper may bitch about feuding with Frank. If Piper has a problem with it do the CM Punk feud.

Guest Lightning Flik
CM Punk is one good feud with anyone away from being majorly over. No need to use Piper.

Hm... Satanico has a good point that I needlessly forgot.

You know what I hate. The fucking mouse on my laptop. It always clicks twice when I tell it to click once. I didn't get to read the report on my big AJ Styles/Sting world title match, and I always click twice on the first of the month whenever I really need to change the advertising/merchandise values.

Anyway, I was wondering, other than changing the advertising value, is there any way to keep my buyrate from dropping? It started out at a pretty much steady 0.20 buyrate, and the quality of the show's been going up, but my buyrate's gone down three weeks in a row. It's down to 0.16 now. I think it started when I lowered my advertising a little bit last month, but I have to wait a whole extra month to bring that up again.

Guest Lightning Flik

Advertising helps. It'll keep it up there.

If you can afford 100 advertising keep it there.

Guest Lightning Flik
I have to say, I love this thread...

Oh?

Why do you love this thread?

Because the King of EWR can help everyone else besides himself?

Whoa, chief... a bit testy aren't we? ^_^

I'm just enjoying watching the byplay of people's feds, since I can't devote the time to learning the game... I tried with 3.0 but I was lost.

I found it funny that at first no one could get a ***** match and now its becoming rather commonplace.

Though I will admit that I am wondering what you are having so much trouble...

Guest Memphis
Whoa, chief... a bit testy aren't we? ^_^

I'm just enjoying watching the byplay of people's feds, since I can't devote the time to learning the game... I tried with 3.0 but I was lost.

I found it funny that at first no one could get a ***** match and now its becoming rather commonplace.

Though I will admit that I am wondering what you are having so much trouble...

More 5 star matches are probably due to the fact that match reviewers usually base their ratings on match quality, not the overall like it was in every other EWR.

This is apparent with Kane, my champion. He is the most over guy in the company, draws HUGE money, but puts on a ** crapaganza on average.

I dig his character though, so he'll be in that position until Hunter starts bitching again.

TAFKA 'M'

Guest JAxlMorrison
The real reason that everyone's morale is probably suffering is that the roster split isn't really a true roster split. It just seperates it into groups to make life easier.

Why would that effect his morale tho?

Guest JAxlMorrison

One thing I definitely hate is worker's skills eroding with age. Guys like Booker T or Raven, who I would normally give big pushes, both experieince somewhat of a dropoff in stats on their birthdays.

Guest Random Hero

I tried everything to get CM Punk over in TNA, but it just wouldn't happen.

Also I hired Dean Malenko as a road agent, and I think Steve Corino must've slept with his wife or something, the way Malenko goes on. Corino was NWA champ, Malenko said I was pushing him to much. So I gave the title back to Raven and put Corino in an upper midcard feud with Jeff Jarrett. STILL Malenko says I'm pushing him too much. So i get rid of Corino's stable and just use him in maybe a tag match or a random singles match every week, and Malenko is STILL on his case. So now I barely use him.

and also FUCK WWE...they stole AJ Styles(my world champ) and Jerry Lynn (my X division champ) IN THE SAME WEEK!!!

That was before I wised up about the contract situation.

...and finally, I seem to be losing money every month, and the situation is getting drastic. Has anyone got any suggestions to stop losing money? I've fired some of my workers and staff on the more expensive written contracts, I've taken the advertising, production and merchandise down a few notches, I have sponsors...but still I lose money...help anyone?

Guest Retro Rob
I tried everything to get CM Punk over in TNA, but it just wouldn't happen.

If you don't push him or anything, he just gets over on his own. He is 90+ in my fed and had only been in like two feuds.

To get CM Punk over:

Bring in Colt Cabana, Matt Stryker, Chad Collyer, and Jay and Mark Briscoe.

Run basically a three tag team feud with a lot of mixing and matching. All six guys are at least 82's in my fed. With either Stryker or Collyer (forget which one) being a 92. The guy jumped from 69 overness to 92 overness just by scoring the victory in the Stryker/Collyer v. SCS feud.

Just the quality of the matches themselves will get the workers over. Throw any two teams you want into the actual "feud". I'd say Cabana/Stryker as the faces and Second City Saints as the heels.

The heel turn will also help give CM Punk overness, if he's not a heel already.

Random Hero:

Are you playing with 4.1. You may which to switch from the weekly model to a monthly one to bring in house show revenue.