TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest ShooterJay

Is there anybody else who can't turn a profit no matter what with the Regional feds?

Guest Kingpk
I dig his character though, so he'll be in that position until Hunter starts bitching again.

TAFKA 'M'

Do what I did: can his ass. The road agents had been telling me he wasn't getting over anymore, anyway.

And his last match was a PPV job to Jericho

:firedevil:

Guest Lightning Flik

At LAST~! The King of EWR has awaked from his long slumber to bring enlightenment upon his followers~!

Whoa, chief... a bit testy aren't we? ^_^

I'm just enjoying watching the byplay of people's feds, since I can't devote the time to learning the game... I tried with 3.0 but I was lost.

I found it funny that at first no one could get a ***** match and now its becoming rather commonplace.

Though I will admit that I am wondering what you are having so much trouble...

Nah. I'm not testy. Just thought you might be finding me funny. I like being laughed at. Because I'm just silly. Then again, when I assume my true position of King of EWR, I expect you to grovel. But since you are new here, I'll be leniate on you.

As for why I haven't had a ***** match yet, is because I don't have anyone large enough to put on ***** matches. I've got people in the 80s and I need them in the 90s for overness. And besides, I haven't blown off any of my 80+ heat feuds yet. That should get me a ***** match or two.

The real reason that everyone's morale is probably suffering is that the roster split isn't really a true roster split. It just seperates it into groups to make life easier.

Why would that effect his morale tho?

Because the roster split just splits the roster. It isn't the brand extension that is based on in real life. It's just to split up the roster more easily for you to play with.

Hence if he's not on all the shows, he'll sorta be bitchy a little.

One thing I definitely hate is worker's skills eroding with age. Guys like Booker T or Raven, who I would normally give big pushes, both experieince somewhat of a dropoff in stats on their birthdays.

Some actually go up, sometimes their skills decline. After 30 years old, there is also a better chance they decline as there is also a chance that they will retire from wrestling as well.

Is there anybody else who can't turn a profit no matter what with the Regional feds?

Actually to successfully run a Regional fed, just put together a Medium sized event, and only use 10 people for your event. That should work. I don't know the specifics needed, but if I went out to do it, I probably could.

I tried everything to get CM Punk over in TNA, but it just wouldn't happen.

Also I hired Dean Malenko as a road agent, and I think Steve Corino must've slept with his wife or something, the way Malenko goes on.  Corino was NWA champ, Malenko said I was pushing him to much.  So I gave the title back to Raven and put Corino in an upper midcard feud with Jeff Jarrett.  STILL Malenko says I'm pushing him too much.  So i get rid of Corino's stable and just use him in maybe a tag match or a random singles match every week, and Malenko is STILL on his case.  So now I barely use him.

CM Punk isn't easily able to be put over in TNA. In my fed, I'd probably push his ass to the moon, but in a National fed, it's a little harder to do as CM Punk isn't that big in terms of National status.

What's Corino's overness? If it's above 75, I wouldn't give a damn about what Malenko's saying because Malenko's being a little bitch.

and also FUCK WWE...they stole AJ Styles(my world champ) and Jerry Lynn (my X division champ) IN THE SAME WEEK!!!

Hence why I have most of my guys written into contracts. The WWE stole Shark Boy and Raven from TNA in my game.

That was before I wised up about the contract situation.

...and finally, I seem to be losing money every month, and the situation is getting drastic.  Has anyone got any suggestions to stop losing money?  I've fired some of my workers and staff on the more expensive written contracts, I've taken the advertising, production and merchandise down a few notches, I have sponsors...but still I lose money...help anyone?

The problem is that you DON'T sign most of your guys to written contracts unless you've got a TV deal. Sure, Weekly PPV is on every week, but you make WAY less money off of it. With the TV deal, you get house money, TV show money, AND your month event money. Way more. So try applying for a Tv deal will help. As you get no house show money with weekly PPVs. It's not a glitch, it's the way it works. Does TNA do house shows and give away stuff? No.

And yes, I know that TNA has a TV show in real life, but it's like a recapper... If I remember correctly.

If you adamant to signing some people to written contracts, just sign those you wish to keep to the product. Like AJ Styles (whom I must steal from TNA), Steve Corino, and others who'll play big parts in your company.

YOUR KING HAS SPOKEN~!

Guest TheArchiteck

March 14th 2003.....the day that WWE lost Smackdown. Their PI is currently at 5% Global PI.

rWa (Renaissance Wrestling Association) is at 14% Global PI.

The clock is ticking....I've played a million EWR games and this is closest I've ever got to stomping them out!

Guest Lightning Flik
March 14th 2003.....the day that WWE lost Smackdown. Their PI is currently at 5% Global PI.

rWa (Renaissance Wrestling Association) is at 14% Global PI.

The clock is ticking....I've played a million EWR games and this is closest I've ever got to stomping them out!

STOMP THEM INTO THE GROUND~! [Evil Kefka Laugh]MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~![/Evil Kefka Laugh]

...ahem. Have fun.

Guest Lonewolf218

This may have been answered in earlier in this thread.

Is there a minimum of 2149000 for worker cost?

I ask this because I have only have sixteen workers on a written contract and they only total to 826000. I am currently wondering where the other million dollars came from and why am I being billed extra.

Guest Lightning Flik
This may have been answered in earlier in this thread.

Is there a minimum of 2149000 for worker cost?

I ask this because I have only have sixteen workers on a written contract and they only total to 826000.  I am currently wondering where the other million dollars came from and why am I being billed extra.

Worker costs also include staff costs as well. Thusly the remaining balance is from your staff you have.

Edit:

1323000 is what you are probably paying your staff then. You might also be paying for some open contract workers as well as they are paid per appearance as well.

Guest Lonewolf218

Isn't there a separate column for staff costs in the financial sheet?

I primarly used my written contract workers for the whole month to see if it was really taking more money than it should.

Guest Lightning Flik
Isn't there a separate column for staff costs in the financial sheet? 

I primarly used my written contract workers for the whole month to see if it was really taking more money than it should.

It shouldn't if you've got them under written, it'll be right.

Also, it's probably the staff then if you aren't using open contracts. Yet if you bring in say at least one contracted worker for about 40k and you times that by five shows (assuming you've got a TV show) you are running up to 200k from that ALONE. So you might wanna make sure you aren't using those guys too much.

And when you look at Wages/Worker cost, it's the sum amount. If you are specifically looking at the Wages in general than that 2mil is the POSSIBLE total you'll be spending if everyone is used. Of course the staff will be, because it's the staff, and the workers is just what everyone will be paid if you used everyone (assuming they are under open contracts, if not, written workers still get paid regardless).

So if you aren't using everyone, except the written workers, then no worries about it. You'll get the truthful amount of how much you are spending on contracts at the end of the month.

Guest JAxlMorrison

Chris Benoit vs Hollywood Hogan.

Match Background: This match is for the WWE United States title. Chris Benoit has been WWE United States champion since 11 September 2003.

The Match: Vicious back suplex! Hollywood Hogan got nailed big time! Hogan gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Chris Benoit plants Hogan with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Benoit. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. There's a two count on the pin. Hogan ducks a wild right hand. Punch by Hogan, missing Benoit COMPLETELY. I'm just glad thatBenoit didn't sell it. Powerslam from Hollywood Hogan on Benoit. Hogan charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Hogan takes a quick lariat. Chris Benoit has Hollywood Hogan down on the canvas. Crippler Crossface!!! Hollywood Hogan taps out! Brock Lesnar comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Brock Lesnar spins Benoit around. Brock Lesnar hits the F5! Chris Benoit has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: A DUD here would have actually been generous! -*

Apparently Hulk didn't sell very much, must not have been happy about jobbing to Benoit.

Guest Lightning Flik
Apparently Hulk didn't sell very much, must not have been happy about jobbing to Benoit.

*laughs* Oh that's a good one.

Guest Lonewolf218

Ok, I found out the problem was that all my open contract workers that were in development were being payed monthly for being in development. That is why my worker costs were higher than usual.

Thanks for trying to help me L-Flik.

Guest Lightning Flik
Ok, I found out the problem was that all my open contract workers that were in development were being payed monthly for being in development. That is why my worker costs were higher than usual.

Thanks for trying to help me L-Flik.

...fuck. I forgot about that. :(

Yah. Sorry, I shoulda thought of that. As I pulled that with my own game.

Guest Lightning Flik

Just to add to the Pre-RaveX similar styles, Paul London and Jinsei Shinzaki are pretty good as well.

Edit: AW FUCK~! London's morale crapped out to 12 again~! FUCK~!

And Harry Smith is sitting at 54... Aw fuck, fuck, fuck.

Guest bob_barron

EZ Money vs Paul London.

Match Background: This will be a ladder bout. London and EZ have been feuding for quite some time now. This match is for the RoH IC Title title. Paul London has been RoH IC Title champion since 20 March 2004.

The Match: EZ Money dives off the middle of the ladder with a clothesline that connects. London takes a NICE hurrancarana from EZ Money. Paul London powers out of a EZ Money headlock. Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and EZ goes down. Flying elbow from Paul London connects. Splash from the top of the ladder, reminiscent of HBK at Wrestlemania 10! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. EZ counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! EZ crushes London with a running senton. Tor-NADO DDT from EZ Money, London got planted! Second rope flying axe handle, London goes down. One day, EZ might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Dropkick into the ladder by EZ, sending it into London! London reverses a EZ Money hammerlock. London uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Tiger suplex on EZ. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Paul London misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. EZ begins to climb up the ladder. He reaches the top...but London gets up and pushes the ladder! EZ Money falls from the top of the ladder all the way over the ropes to the outside! Paul London takes the opportunity and climbs the ladder for the win!

My Opinion: *****! What can I say! It earned EVERY star. You, my friend, know what you're doing!

Guest Lightning Flik

Bloody f'n hell. I've got morale issues right now.

Biggest problems:

Paul London's currently at 12

Harry Smith is at 54

Sick Nick Mondo is at 69

Brian XL is at 67

Jinsei Shinzaki is at 55 (probably not liking the fact that I jobbed him out in hopes of boosting London, and he was originally on an open contract to begin with and I haven't used any of my open contractors in a while.)

Seth Knight is at 51

Guest TheArchiteck

My people are happy.

:P

I did have like 4 people mad as hell when I fired Konnan. And a couple more when I canned Sean Waltman...(he was only in there for a month before talking mess about my workers).

Guest Lightning Flik

...wow, I've got a lot of people with ME over...

Air Paris - 71 (currently uppercard)

Colt Cabana - 82 (currently main event)

Harry Smith - 67 (currently uppercard)

Johnny Kashmere - 81 (currently main event)

Kid Kash - 74 (currently main event, Supreme Champion)

Leo Branford - 83 (currently main event)

Marc Mero - 75 (currently main event)

Marcus Chavayada - 84 (currently main event)

Nova - 73 (currently uppercard)

Paul London - 68 (currently uppercard)

Spanky - 71 (currently uppercard)

Strange thing, is that only Harry Smith, Paul London, Kid Kash, and Marc Mero were supposed to be my true Main Eventers. And now I've got like 11 possible main eventers. Only have 6 of them in, and two were originally moved out as they were just a little too low.

Perhaps I should just can Harry Smith and Paul London? I mean, they aren't getting any more over, both are pretty down and besides, I've got other people whom could do their job better... That a safe assumption?

Guest Brush with Greatness

I seem to remember reading in the guide that your main eventers will lose morale if not featured on 1 out of every 3 cards and everyone else if not featured on one out of 7.

Also, anyone at global level with guys under Japanese contract, have the workers quit on you? Apparently this can happen.

Also, has anyone had their own workers been given advance offers? I don't know if this happens, but I'm wondering, if you let a guy get down to his last 3 months in a written contract, will the WWE make him an offer and you have to match? Anyone know if this happens?

And lastly, is anyone else a big hypocrite when it comes to dealing with different guys on their roster?

Joel Maximo admitted to a drug problem. I was given the option of suspending him, firing him, or sending him to rehab. I tried to be a good guy and sent him to rehab. Stupid me, I should have just suspended him.

Not long after, Dutch Mantell, who I had not gotten over at all yet checked into rehab (or something). On that screen I was given the option of rehab or firing and I sent his ass packing.

Now, on to Kaz Hayashi. He wasn't over at all. Guys in the back didn't like his attitude so I canned his ass. This didn't really hurt as Jimmy Yang is out for sixth months with an injury so the Yung Dragons were useless anyway.

About a week later, guys in the back complained about Juvi's attitude. Juvi is way over and one of my top guys. I suspened him for the remainder of the month (2 days).

Talk about favourtism or what. Anyone else play favourites or are you straight shooters with everyone.

Guest Lightning Flik
I seem to remember reading in the guide that your main eventers will lose morale if not featured on 1 out of every 3 cards and everyone else if not featured on one out of 7.

Dude. The ones who are complaining a lot are Paul London and Harry Smith. And they've been on EVERY freaking card. Heck, Air Paris hasn't been on the card regularly till RECENTLY.

Hence why I'm questioning having London and Smith. The other guys are happy and over for doing NOTHING, yet, these two were a prominant feud and as soon as I stuck them together they've been sliding down.

Also, anyone at global level with guys under Japanese contract, have the  workers quit on you?  Apparently this can happen.

And this is relevant to me how? I'm currently a cult fed with a TV show and I've got only like 5-6 guys under open contracts. I haven't been using those guys, but I just did sign Jinsei Shinzaki though so that I'd use him. I'm not about to pay by appearance for guys when signing people to long term contracts work better in the long run.

Oh, you meant in general. Yes, they DO quit. Unless you fork up bigger cash, or they are taken off of the Japan roster before you get Global. Sorry about busting your chops, I figured this was in reply to me. Not in general.

Also, has anyone had their own workers been given advance offers?  I don't know if this happens, but I'm wondering, if you let a guy get down to his last 3 months in a written contract, will the WWE make him an offer and you have to match?  Anyone know if this happens?

Yes. You have to match. Hence if I've got someone important, I'll sign him before the 3 months are up. Like why I'll be rehiring Leo Branford and Marcus Chavayada in about 21 months (which would mean I'd be rehiring actually in 17 so that WWE or TNA or MLW don't hire them).

And lastly, is anyone else a big hypocrite when it comes to dealing with different guys on their roster?

Joel Maximo admitted to a drug problem.  I was given the option of suspending him, firing him, or sending him to rehab.  I tried to be a good guy and sent him to rehab.  Stupid me, I should have just suspended him.

Not long after, Dutch Mantell, who I had not gotten over at all yet checked into rehab (or something).  On that screen I was given the option of rehab or firing and I sent his ass packing.

Now, on to Kaz Hayashi.  He wasn't over at all.  Guys in the back didn't like his attitude so I canned his ass.  This didn't really hurt as Jimmy Yang is out for sixth months with an injury so the Yung Dragons were useless anyway.

About a week later, guys in the back complained about Juvi's attitude.  Juvi is way over and one of my top guys.  I suspened him for the remainder of the month (2 days).

Talk about favourtism or what.  Anyone else play favourites or are you straight shooters with everyone.

Yes. I've done that. I'm thinking of sending London and Smith's asses packing right now, and also tossed Ryan Wing off to the side as he had a drug problem and my excuse for firing him really was that I wasn't really using him. So even I'm playing favorites here.

And on a second note, anyone with sometime want to try something?

Basically, what I would like is to be able to compile a list of all angles. I always forget about all the different angles. This way, if I had them in front of me it would be a lot easier.

My idea is to compile the angles. If a few of us chip in, we could each cover a few of the different angle styles.

List the style, the angle, the who and how many people it involves. I don't think descriptions are needed for every angle (use your own judgement). A lot of the angle names are self explanatory.

We could each copy and paste this list into word or notepad or whatever as we see fit and print it for ourselves

Make sure to jack your risk level to 100% so it covers all angles.

Also, we should call what ones we are doing. This way we wont have like 5 people all working on the same angle styles.

Video Angles

Hype Video for a 1 v. 1 Match

Worker

Worker

Hype Video for a 1 v. 1 v. 1 Match

Worker

Worker

Worker

Hype Vidoe for a 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 Match

Worker

Worker

Worker

Worker

Hype Video for a 2 v. 2 Match

Team #1

Team #1

Team #2

Team #2

Hype Video for Debuting Tag

Debut

Debut

Hype video for Debuting Worker

Debut

Hype video for Diva

Worker

Hype video for Singles Feud

Worker

Worker

Hype video for Stable

Stable

Featuring (must be stable member)

Hype video for Tag Feud

Team #1

Team #1

Team #2

Team #2

Hype video for Tag Team

Worker

Worker

Hype video for Worker

Worker

Guest Lightning Flik
And on a second note, anyone with sometime want to try something?

Basically, what I would like is to be able to compile a list of all angles.  I always forget about all the different angles.  This way, if I had them in front of me it would be a lot easier.

My idea is to compile the angles.  If a few of us chip in, we could each cover a few of the different angle styles.

List the style, the angle, the who and how many people it involves.  I don't think descriptions are needed for every angle  (use your own judgement).  A lot of the angle names are self explanatory.

We could each copy and paste this list into word or notepad or whatever as we see fit and print it for ourselves

Make sure to jack your risk level to 100% so it covers all angles.

Also, we should call what ones we are doing.  This way we wont have like 5 people all working on the same angle styles.

You HAD to ask this didn't you???

Give me five moments. EWR's site should have them all.

Edit: Ok. Adam has updated that yet. Dang it.

Alright thanks.

I haven't been a member of the EW boards since the No Bullocks/EZ board days. I tried when they first switched to the new board, but they've jumped around so much and theres a lot of useless content so I don't bother

Guest Lightning Flik
Alright thanks.

I haven't been a member of the EW boards since the No Bullocks/EZ board days. I tried when they first switched to the new board, but they've jumped around so much and theres a lot of useless content so I don't bother

No problem. I thought he would've had updated the FAQs and what not but I guess he hasn't.

Guest Nanks

Quick, help me Lightning. All is going brilliantly except I can't find a gimmick for face Jericho. I've got him as a Cool gimmick but it's affecting his overness. Otherwise I'm churning out 77% quality RAWs that are pulling down 6s. Oh yeah, and bloody Chavo's impossible too. He doesn't like anything I give him and all his gimmicks suck.

Edited by Nanks

Guest Lightning Flik
Quick, help me Lightning. All is going brilliantly except I can't find a gimmick for face Jericho. I've got him as a Cool gimmick but it's affecting his overness. Otherwise I'm churning out 77% quality RAWs that are pulling down 6s. Oh yeah, and bloody Chavo's impossible too. He doesn't like anything I give him and all his gimmicks suck.

Give Chavo Suave. That should work. If not, try Ice Man. That would might do the trick.

With Jericho try either Comedian, Cocky, or perhaps even Show Stealer (might work). There's always Highlight Reel to fall back on if nothing works.

Guest Nanks

Bah!! I gave Chavo Fitness Instructor before reading your posts, simply for lack of anything else. I gave him an interview with it and it got a positive response, then he put on a ****1/4 match with Eddie and all of a sudden he's losing overness with the weak gimmick. Now I can't change it because he just had a new gimmick recently.

Guest Lightning Flik
Bah!!  I gave Chavo Fitness Instructor before reading your posts, simply for lack of anything else.  I gave him an interview with it and it got a positive response, then he put on a ****1/4 match with Eddie and all of a sudden he's losing overness with the weak gimmick.  Now I can't change it because he just had a new gimmick recently.

You can still do it. It's just going to make whatever thing you put him on suffer.

It'll also make a knock on his morale, but as long as it works, it's all good.

Edit: To those wonder, I'm currently hard at work, bringing you a listing of all angles that can be done.

Also minor note, you can also do an interview with no target and then you'll be allowed to make it a self promotion interview.

Edited by Lightning Flik