TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
notJames

JR's back 11 Aug because Coach Sucks

Jim Ross is scheduled to return to the Raw announcing booth soon, as soon as the August 11th edition of Raw.

No one in WWE has been happy with the way Jonathan Coachman has been handling play by play duties on Raw.

Vince McMahon was said to be quite upset, and has been yelling in the headsets of Coachman and Jerry Lawler in attempts to fire him up.

credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

--

Well it's about damn time. This idiot doesn't even deserve to be on Heat, much less RAW. Kick his ass to the curb, girlfriend!

[insert two snaps up here]

Guest The Old Me
JR is better, but not by much anymore.  Hire Schillvone.

I'd actually perfer Joey Styles if they could somehow reach a deal with him.

Bring back Heyman.

JR is better, but not by much anymore.  Hire Schillvone.

I'd actually perfer Joey Styles if they could somehow reach a deal with him.

Bring back Heyman.

Here's an announce team...

Joey Styles and Paul Heyman.

PERFECT TEAM!

Guest Fook

They need to steal Tenay from TNA. He's miles ahead of any announcer the WWE has in their ranks.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Eh, having JR off of Raw was like a new breath of non-toxic air. And Coach, while being a little worse than Cole, doesn't really annoy me.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

I'm not sure what the big deal about Joey Styles is. His announcing in MLW is pretty bad if you ask me. But he is better than Coach. I can only hear "OH MY GOD!!" a few times a night without it becoming cliched like "Slobberknocker".

I think Josh Mathews has been doing a good job, if he had a good color man other than that hack Ernest Miller, I think he would suprise a lot of people. At least he knows the moves and holds and seems to have a good passion for wrestling and seems to be more of a fan of the actual wrestling than the "entertainment".

Other than the fact that he looks like a teenage kid, I wouldn't mind if he got promoted to RAW sometime in the future.

Guest The Old Me

I'm not a big Styles fan. Tenay doesn't do it for me anymore either.

Guest Trivia247

Schivoni would be going off about the Main event throughout the show and ignore the wrestling in the ring.

Guest The Old Me
Schivoni would be going off about the Main event throughout the show and ignore the wrestling in the ring.

Maybe, but he only turned into that shill when Bischoff really rose to power and only cared about the main events.

I'm not sure what the big deal about Joey Styles is. His announcing in MLW is pretty bad if you ask me. But he is better than Coach. I can only hear "OH MY GOD!!" a few times a night without it becoming cliched like "Slobberknocker".

I think Josh Mathews has been doing a good job, if he had a good color man other than that hack Ernest Miller, I think he would suprise a lot of people. At least he knows the moves and holds and seems to have a good passion for wrestling and seems to be more of a fan of the actual wrestling than the "entertainment".

Other than the fact that he looks like a teenage kid, I wouldn't mind if he got promoted to RAW sometime in the future.

Agreed on all points. The best thing that ever happened to Josh was loving TE. He can go so much further behind the booth than in the ring.

I also have no love for Tenay. His voice quality doesn't have that prime time feel to it. Granted, he's light years ahead of Coach, but that's not really saying much, is it?

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

I actually thought Schivoni was pretty good back in the old Crockett NWA days. And he didn't do that bad of a job in his short stint with WWF in 1989. But he went downhill pretty fast once Bishoff was in charge of WCW.

How about - as a completely random option - having Michael Hayes join the announce team? He'd make more sense as a heel announcer, so I can't see him replacing JR but I remember that he used to do some color back in the old UWF and he was pretty good. Plus, he was always better on the mic than he was in the ring.

How about - as a completely random option - having Michael Hayes join the announce team? He'd make more sense as a heel announcer, so I can't see him replacing JR but I remember that he used to do some color back in the old UWF and he was pretty good. Plus, he was always better on the mic than he was in the ring.

Michael "Dok Hendrix" Hayes?

Didn't that happen before?

I think so, but as Dok rather than as Michael "PS" Hayes. If they let him act like his old heel Freebird persona I think it could work. Couldn't be worse than what they have now.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

I agree with having Michael Hayes on the mic.

They should get rid of Ernest Miller and replace him with Michael Hayes for a few months to get accustomed to announcing again and then maybe put him on RAW. Hayes would be a breath of fresh air over Jerry Lawler.

Guest Trivia247

maybe if his MSNBC Tv Show falls through the WWE can rehire Ventura LOL

Guest Fook

Bring back Schivoni?

Do you really miss always hearing that it's the greatest night in the history of wrestling?

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

In a perfect world here is how I would set the announce teams for the shows:

RAW: Jim Ross and Michael P.S. Hayes or Jim Cornette

Smackdown: Micheal Cole and Tazz

Velocity: Josh Matthews and Diamond Dallas Page

Heat: Tony Schiavone and Al Snow

I would have Mean Gene doing interviews on Smackdown and Tony Schiavone doing interviews on RAW.

Edited by JericholicEdgeHead

Guest TonyJaymzV1

I liked Coach because he paid attention to the matches and tried really hard to make each match seem important and/or good.

Fuck jeryr Lawler for giving him so much shit every single time "You don't care about JR do you"JR is at home, not the hospital" etc.

Coach is horrible. Coach couldn't shake a stick at Tenay or JR, and I don't really like JR.

Shit, Coach couldn't hold Schiavone's mic.

Thank you.

You're the only person in this entire thread that spelt, "Schiavone" correctly.

It was getting to be super-annoying.

What can I say, I watched NWA on Saturday nights in the 80's and they always had his name spelled out in the opening graphics when they first showed the announcers.

I think Schiavone gets unfairly shit on a bit too much by the smark community.

True, he allowed himself to become a corporate schill, but before those days he was actually pretty good.

Not as good as JR was in his prime, of course, but then again, JR is nothing but a pale, sad shade of what he once was.

Schiavone EASILY is better than Coach (I'd say even in his schill days), and at his worst was probably no worse than JR is these days.

And whomever said Cornette deserves a cigar. They should just fucking fire Lawler already, Cornette's only about a hundred times better than Jerry.

Guest Nightscrawler

I was never really annoyed by Coach, it's just that he needs another commentator to carry him, and King is definitely not the right person.

JR will proabably come back during a Kane cage match and rip the doors off and Tombstone him while wearing a mask to hide is burned face that Kane caused.

You see...WWE storylines come full circle.

Guest The Old Me

I don't think anyone will deny Schiavone ability. It is just forgotten from comments like "this is the greatest night in WCW history!"