TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest El Satanico

The ONE and ONLY fantasy football thread

I think my team this year makes me cry.

I'm in a 12 team two keeper league, and we throw out the TE postion, but you can use them at WR.

QB: Donovan McNabb, Matt Hasselbeck, David Carr

RB: Deuce McAllister, Tiki Barber, Jerome Bettis, Zack Crockett

WR: Donald Driver, Ashley Lelie, Chris Chambers, Darrell Jackson, Jimmy Smith, Johnnie Morton

K: Mike Vanderjagt, Matt Stover

D: NY Giants, Jacksonville

I'm scared of my WR's and receiver by committee is a pretty safe description.

Guest El Satanico
WR: Donald Driver, Ashley Lelie, Chris Chambers, Darrell Jackson, Jimmy Smith, Johnnie Morton

I'm scared of my WR's and receiver by committee is a pretty safe description.

Your WRs really aren't that bad.

Driver and Chambers should be solid starters. Darrel Jackson depending on what Koren Robinson does could be a solid starter. Lelie could put big numbers any week. Jimmy Smith when he returns from suspension could be a steal. If Johnnie Morton is used in KC you could get good production.

So you have two solid starters, two solid backups and two guys who could be steals.

It's really not that bad, but if you can get a better WR in FA to replace Morton I'd do it.

Yeah I'm just worried about the solid but unspectacular core of my receivers, because I had T.O. & Burress last year.

I may drop Morton for either Fauria or Dan Graham, it'd be at lot easier if only one was there on the Pats.

The guy that runs the site is awesome btw.

Considering the auto-draft gave me a team with ZERO QBs and ZERO Defenses, I think he's a stupid cocksucker. But to each his own.

Guest El Satanico

Well Gary is by default, since Pittman will be gone for like a month for his trial after the first 2 or 3 games.

Gary could end up being worthless if he doesn't win the starting job, but I can't imagine him being beat out by Shawn Bryson.

My second league looks a little better at least:

QB: Culpepper, Green, Plummer

RB: Portis, Lewis, Thomas, O. Smith

WR: Owens, Horn, Porter, Chambers, Andre Johnson

TE: Heap, Fauria

K: Elam, Wilkins

D: NY Giants, Buffalo

My public team from yahoo:

Aaron Brooks, Tommy Maddox

LT, Eddie George, Moe Williams

Randy Moss, Toomer, Booker, Lelie, Darrell Jackson

Billy Miller, Dallas Clark

Bucs and Cowboys D

Martin Grammatica

I'm trying to get Mike Alstott off waivers for bye week and dropping Jackson in the process.

So who's better, Olandis Gary or Michael Pittman?

If you can, go get Thomas Jones.

And Tom, you were supposed to put players in your wish list. I know you didn't expect to miss the draft, but the Wish List would have ensured that you got good players.

OK this is kind of time intensive, so quick replies if possible would be appreciated. It's also kinda wordy so bear with me. Anyway, a friend and I have been offered a trade.

We would give up:

LaDanian Tomlinson

Derrick Mason

Eric Moulds

and would get in return:

Travis Henry

Marvin Harrison

Plaxico Burress

Our league scoring basically breaks down to:

1 pt/10 yds for up to a 200 yard game

2 pts/10 yds in a +200 yd game

5 pts/ TD with a 5 pt. bonus for every 10 yds OVER 10 yds (i.e. 10 pts for an 11- 20 yd TD, 15 for 21-30, etc.)

-2 pts. per fumble (doesn't matter if recovered or not)

Now, with that info, would you do the trade? I'm leaning towards it right now. Then another trade would send Marc Bulger for Tommy Maddox (highway robbery IMO) and would give a team of:

QB- T. Maddox, M. Hasselbeck, K. Holcomb

RB- T. Henry, T. Barber, C. Garner, TJ Duckett

WR- M. Harrison, P. Burress, T. Holt, K. Johnson (CLE)

TE- T. Heap, F. Wycheck

K- J. Carney, O. Mare

D/ST- Dolphins, Patriots

Guest El Satanico
We would give up:

LaDanian Tomlinson

Derrick Mason

Eric Moulds

and would get in return:

Travis Henry

Marvin Harrison

Plaxico Burress

I wouldn't do it.

It's an improvement on WRs but will cost you a stud RB. The WR improvement isn't big enough to make it worth it. Also, Henry is known to fumble his fair share so fumbles being worth -2 points could hurt.

I'd deny it and try the same trade with Tiki, but unless he's trying to unload Henry the guy would never go for that.

My public team from yahoo:

Aaron Brooks, Tommy Maddox

LT, Eddie George, Moe Williams

Randy Moss, Toomer, Booker, Lelie, Darrell Jackson

Billy Miller, Dallas Clark

Bucs and Cowboys D

Martin Grammatica

I'm trying to get Mike Alstott off waivers for bye week and dropping Jackson in the process.

You need TE help too. Miller was successful last year because he was the only option on the Texans and that is no longer the case. Clark will help Pollard's value, but he won't be a good fantasy player. I'd rather have Jackson than Lelie too. He will have more of a chance to play and the Seahawks & Broncos offenses are headed in the opposite direction.

Week 6 is a bye week and I have an opening at RB, the Vikings also have week 6 off. Alstott was the best RB on the waivers and they play the Eagles.

You need TE help too. Miller was successful last year because he was the only option on the Texans and that is no longer the case.

While this is true, you forget that Houston STILL has a weak O line, meaning that Carr will still be looking for short passes, so I'd look for Miller to still get a lot of balls thrown his way.

I drafted Miller without hesitation in the money league. A young QB playing behind a shitty offensive line needs a safety valve. Houston might have some good wide receivers, but if Carr doesn't have enough time to throw to them, then Miller and the running backs will be the beneficiaries.

I think that the new weapon in Houston means even more opportunity for Miller to thrive. With Joppru out there will be noone stealing catches. And with Johnson as a legit deep threat, teams will probably start throwing a safety his way leaving a seam up the middle for a TE to sit down in. Throw that in with a year experience together with Carr and the shitty O line leading to dump offs, you could end up with a 60 catch 600 yards TE.