TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Angle vs Lesnar, 6man elimination

Guest wildpegasus

At Summmerslam, we've got 2 title matches that are possably up in the air. First up, being Angle vs Lesnar. It now looks like that Lesnar is going to win because of his rescent heel turn which would mean a real short 1 month title reign for Kurt Angle. On, the other hand, a 1 month reign is really silly. Why put the title on Kurt in the first place if they're just going to immediatly take it off of him? Looking at it this way, it would seem Kurt's going to win unless the WWE is going to have Kurt chase the title leading up to Wrestlemania.

Over, on the Raw side we have Jericho, HHH, Goldberg, Orton and Michaels as possable winners. Even with the WWE's love of Orton, it doesn't look like he'll win so it's probably up to Jericho, HHH or Goldberg. Jericho could slip the cracks and win perhaps even as a reward for losing his hair(although I don't think he's going to lose his hair) as he's the best overall candidate but with the WWE never truly wanting to put Jericho at the top of the heap, I dobut it. Goldberg's another choice but with his limited house show dates who knows if he'll win so it looks like HHH will win setting up Goldberg vs HHH once again for the next PPV. But of course everything probably really depends on HHH's injury.

So, does anyone want to speculate on who's going to win the main events at Summerslam? Discuss.

Angle should win. But he pinned Brock last month...and if Vince is alligned with Brock than I don't know. They're stupid to do, but do it they might.

The RAW title will never leave HHH. Even if someone manages to steal it briefly it will just rubberband back to him sooner than later. I'll pick Goldberg and a one month title reign.

The RAW title will never leave HHH. Even if someone manages to steal it briefly it will just rubberband back to him sooner than later. I'll pick Goldberg and a one month title reign.

You can add Goldberg's departure from the WWE as well once he jobs to HHH.

Angle/Lesnar? Angle will remain champ, but I highly doubt it will have a clean finish in any fashion.

Elimination Chamber? Y2J and Goldberg are the only two that can conceivably knock off HHH...yet there's no viable worker that Y2J can defeat in the last fall (Nash? No. HHH? No. Goldberg? Maybe.)

Guest croweater

Jericho will go over in the EC match. I can't see it ending any other way without a massive "BULLSHIT" chant because everybody is sick of everyone else in the match.

Kurt vs Brock. Kurt should win but I'm tipping Brock in a screwy DQ finish or something cos this one deffinately isn't over.

Guest Fook

Elimination Chamber

Goldberg will win, but will not eliminate HHH. That honour will go to one of his buddies. I also pencil him in for a one month reign before losing it back to HHH.

Angle vs Brock

I see Angle holding on to the title considering he only won it a month ago. We see a screwy finish that keeps this feud going another month or so.

I'd figured Brock was going to win at Vengeance and then drop to Angle at SS, but now that Kurt is champ, I wouldn't be surprised if Brock comes out on top like he did almost one year ago.

Of course, I want Jericho to win because he fucking deserves to, but I don't see it happening since they're concentrated on Goldberg / HHH so much. SS is make or break time for Bill, either he wins the World title or his lame WWE Streak ends.

Angle Vs. Lesnar II > Elimination Chamber II

Guest wrestlingbs

Angle vs. Brock: Angle wins. Not only to likely feud with Brock, but also Eddie.

EC match: I'm placing my bet on Goldberg, since it's come to the point where they give him one more try and then it's over. Then again, they may already be beyond that point, in which case Jericho walks away with the belt. HHH loses to Orton in every senario, however.

Guest Dmann2000

Lesnar should beat Angle in a Last Man Standing Match for the title, after repeated F5's and targeting Kurt's neck, making him look remorseless.

Then Kurt comes back more pissed off then ever, win's the Rumble and beats Brock at WM XX inm MSG.

Guest Choken One

The real concern is, with one match bound to reach 25-40 minutes (E.C) exactly how much time will the WWE title Match get?

I doubr Vince will let his "Project" only have 10 minutes...So likely it's 20-25 minutes...

So that One whole hour for TWO matches...Something you don't get very often with WWE ppvs.

With Raw likely having two other matches (Tag and Either Woman's 4 Way or I.C Title 4 Way) and SMD getting 3 others (Eddy/Tajiri, Rhyno/Benoit and Maybe Kidman/Mysterio or perhaps a Tag Title rematch)

Can they squeeze in 5 other matches in Two Hours?

Opener

Mysterio/Kidman or Vs TWGTT 15 minutes

Rhyno/Benoit I quit 15 minutes

I.C Title 4 Way 12 minutes

WWE Title Match 25 minutes

Le Resistance/Dudleys 7 minutes

Eddy/Tajiri 15 minutes

E.C 35 minutes

That's 124 minutes Wrestling Time...

Add in 25 minutes for Promo/Hype/Intros/Ads and you make it by about 10 minutes...

So its a close one time wise...

As for the matches...

I'm strongly behind Lesnar winning the title with Angle having to do the long Chase for it leading to Mania

Elimination Chamber

It's down to Three men Realistically, Goldberg, HHH and Jericho.

We know Hunter and Jericho, according to reports are the WWE's current options but ever count out Goldberg, dispite being viewed as an Disapointment to walk out with the title.

The other Three, HBK, Nash and Orton stand no chance. Althought the possibility of a "UPSET" with Orton lingers, its not likely at the moment.

The Match will likely start with HBK/Jericho to get the crowd pumped and it's likely the ONLY good thing the match can provide barring Quad III.

If Goldberg Wins, HHH will NOT be pinned by Goldberg....as It allows HHH to perserve his ego AND have the angle follow-up "You never pinned the champ, goldberg" angle for HHH to use.

The Order of Elimination if Goldberg Wins

1. Triple H Pins Nash Via Pedigree

2. Randy Orton Pins HHH via HBK's Superkick*

3. HBK pins Orton via Jericho's Botched Superkick

4. Jericho pins HBK via Cradle

5. Goldberg Spears/Jackhammers Jericho for the win

*-Leaves the door for HHH to face turn

If Jericho Wins...

Likely, This will be an scrictly One Month Reign, likely MERELY to put the title on Goldberg (HHH might not want Goldie to win the EC) or for Kane to destroy.

Order of Elimination Should Jericho Win

1. Randy Orton Pins Kevin Nash via RKO

2. HBK pins Orton via Super Kick

3. HHH pins HBK via Pedigree after Orton's RKO on Shawn

4. ***HHH Injury*** (Never jobs)

5. Jericho with LionSault on Goldberg after Goldberg spears and crashes into the glass chamber

If HHH wins

Sadly, It's possible

1. Randy Orton Pins Nash

2. Randy Orton Pins HBK

3. Randy Orton Pins Jericho

4. Goldberg pins Orton

5. HHH pins Goldberg

Angle Vs Lesnar: I can't see Angle dropping the belt already. I'm calling a screw job, clusterfuck DQ finish. That way the feud continues.

EC: WWE shocks everyone by putting the title on an un-over

Randy Orton so Triple H can turn face and get out of jobbing and working with Goldberg.

I would think Brock wins the title, because if he doesn't... what next? I'm guessing he would beat Kurt cheaply... mostly likely via McMahon interference. Kurt could then chase the title all the way to WM, going through opponents like John Cena, Eddie Guerrero, Rhyno maybe even Benoit, again.

As for the Chamber, I'm sticking with Jericho all the way as the winner. I figure eliminations will go like this. Also, I'm going to bet that unlike the first EC, all six men will enter the match before anyone is eliminated.

1. Nash (via HHH Pedigree, along with help from Jericho)

2. HHH (I'm thinking probably injury, as said above by Choken, or an inadvertant Orton pin.)

3. Goldberg (the spear through the glass is a great idea, whether he goes through alone or by spearing someone else.)

4. Orton (He's supposed to be made into a star, so make him last longer. HBK pins him by reversing the RKO into a roll-up / cradle)

5. HBK (Orton attacks HBK after his elimination, Jericho and HBK fight for over 5 min. in a back & forth contest. Jericho cleanly wins with the Walls... not likely.)

If I were to book the World Title feud up to Unforgiven, I'd book Jericho as a strong, heel champ. The night after Summerslam, Jericho cuts Nash's hair with a clean win. Jericho targets his quad, and HBK takes exception to this and challenges him to a rematch. In exchange for the title shot, Jericho wants HBK's career because he says he's beaten him twice before, and third times a charm. Jericho vs. HBK at Unforgiven, 2/3 Falls (not 3 stages of Hell). Jericho wins at Unforgiven, BTW.

My guess is that Angle retains somehow. He won't win the match, but he will keep the title. He just got it back and Vince is going to milk Angle for all he's worth in the short time he's got left.

As for the elimination chamber, it all depends on the degree of HHH's injury. I mentioned before that I think that Orton will win, and I do, but this is dependent on whether HHH needs to take significant time off. If HHH can continue to go, there is no question he will retain. HBK is a dark horse (only to drop it to Kane), while the other three have no chance at all.

Angle vs Lesnar: Kurt should definitely retain, although it doesn't have to be by winning (screwjob, DQ). Let the feud carry to No Mercy and then have Kurt get the clean win back. Then let him feud with Eddie leading into Survivor Series.

Unfortunately, Vince's ego may get the better of him here. He usually doesn't allign with losers (which is what my plan would dictate) and you know he would love to gloat about making Brock a monster and leading him to victory. However, if Brock does lose, that could lead to a real Lesnar/McMahon match.

EC: Who shouldn't win: Nash, Orton, Goldberg, HHH, or Shawn. Jericho should definitely win this match, but most likely won't. I'm sure HBK won't win since he won tthe last EC. Even WWE wouldn't be dumb enough to put the title on Orton this early. Nash sucks and WWE realizes this and he certainly won't win. I see HHH retaining unfortunately, but I wouldn't count out a 1 month reign for The Big Hebrew.

If the EC takes precedent over Angle vs Lesnar and gets the Main Event slot, im going to be pissed. Elimination Chamber I was boring, and this one has much less talent involved than that one.

Anyway, Angle/Lesnar will end in Angle winning via DQ when Lesnar savagely attacks Angle. It keeps the Title on Angle and makes Lesnar a vicious monster.

Elimination Chamber II will be boring, but hey at least (in my view) HHH will lose the fake title, if only for a month. Goldberg will win in one last attempt to put him over with fans. HHH will win it back either way at Unforgiven. Jericho will NEVER win the title again, so enough of that. The other three have no real chance of winning.

Guest Choken One

Ummm...With your Lesnar/Angle "prediction" having that as the Main event would be a HORRIBLE way to finish a ppv.

I agree that It's time for Raw to have the Main event again...*ducks* Raw has mainevented Two out of 7 ppv's this year (Backlash and Blood)...

An Elimination Chamber is a blow off match (in a different way) it's like putting a Royal Rumble in the middle of the Card.

Before you throw the "But it's the WWE TITLE! THE REAL TITLE DAMN IT! not the fake title!" line at us...

3 times in Summer Slam history ALONE has the WWF(E) Title NOT been the main event when having a singles/Non tag match

Slam 92 (Bret/Bulldog Main evented with Warrior/Savage in the mid-card which had a Screwy Finish)

Slam 94 (Taker/Taker main evented with Hart/Hart before...)

Slam2001 (Rocky/Booker main evented with Angle/Austin before the match...which ALSO had a screwy ender)

So Three times it's been done and those three WW(F) Title matches all hit ***+.

So it won't kill the match at all no matter what AngleSault will try to argue.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I don't know why anyone even gives the possibility of the Elimination Chamber preceeding Angle/Lesnar. Hopeless optimism? What is it? It's just not going to happen, considering that the EC is a gimmick match and has been announced officially already.

Guest Choken One
An Elimination Chamber is a blow off match (in a different way) it's like putting a Royal Rumble in the middle of the Card.

Which they did from 96-98. What gives, guys?

I wouldn't call that the mid-card...

1998 and 1997 had reasons...

The hometown HBK...

and

The Taker/HBK blowoff with the huge ending...

1996 well...Who knows why...

Guest Fook

The EC will be the last match on the card.

Like Choken already said, Raw's had the main event match only two times this year - one of those was the Raw only ppv and the other was a six man tag, not a title match.

Lesnar/Angle hasn't even been announced yet. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they held it off for a couple of months and just put them in a tag at SS. Unfortunately, if they do go with that, it'll probably end up being Lesnar/Vince vs Angle/Steph.

Guest Choken One
Lesnar/Angle hasn't even been announced yet. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they held it off for a couple of months and just put them in a tag at SS. Unfortunately, if they do go with that, it'll probably end up being Lesnar/Vince vs Angle/Steph.

Yes It has.

Guest Fook

Lesnar/Angle hasn't even been announced yet.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if they held it off for a couple of months and just put them in a tag at SS.  Unfortunately, if they do go with that, it'll probably end up being Lesnar/Vince vs Angle/Steph.

Yes It has.

Really? When?

It's not on the SS site.

Guest Choken One

Lesnar/Angle hasn't even been announced yet.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if they held it off for a couple of months and just put them in a tag at SS.  Unfortunately, if they do go with that, it'll probably end up being Lesnar/Vince vs Angle/Steph.

Yes It has.

Really? When?

The Summer Slam web site.

Guest Choken One

Interesting...

Look at the Elimination Chamber Picture...

Just which three men are the most focused on?

Yeah...THOSE THREE...