TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Exactly why is Shane wrestling @ Summerslam again?

THEN I will say that Shane was pointless on television. Right now, I am expecting a bloody RVD found in the back, not being able to perform at the PPV and Shane and Kane being back on.

If that happens, I will not be a happy camper.

Guest Anglesault

Another thing: Aside from Shane, name ONE GUY that the Big Shane bump helped.

Answer: No one.

It didn't shoot Blackman into the stratosphere. Angle was no better or worse after his Shane feud.

But Shane's stock shot right up, didn't it?

Shane is, quite simply, fucking someone out of a PPV pay check to satisfy his own ego. He's just as bad as his father or sister.

Guest Nanks

I certainly have no interest in seeing Bischoff in the ring. There is simply no chance of it being worthwhile. I reckon a good use for Shane would be as a guest ref for RVD v Kane. At the end of the day, the guy is very over, so there's no harm in adding some more crowd heat to the match and whilst the argument might be made that he would be taking attention away from the match itself, let's face it, RVD is (well, should be) getting sacrificed to the Kane push. The match will be little more than a glorified squash, then after the match, Kane can snap and go after Shane too and we can have a sick bump spot. No wrestlers lose their paycheck, the crowd gets what they want (Shane) and it would add to the heat of the match.

Guest Anglesault

I don't mind RVD losing. I don't want RVD losing while having a biased ref on his side the whole time.

Another thing: Aside from Shane, name ONE GUY that the Big Shane bump helped.

Answer: No one.

It didn't shoot Blackman into the stratosphere. Angle was no better or worse after his Shane feud.

But Shane's stock shot right up, didn't it?

Shane is, quite simply, fucking someone out of a PPV pay check to satisfy his own ego. He's just as bad as his father or sister.

I'll tell you who it helped. It helped everyone on the WWE roster, because the people who ordered Backlash were saying "Wow, that was crazy what Shane did" instead of "Wow, WWE PPVs suck. I'm sure never gonna order another one of those."

Guest Mulatto Heat

Somehow I think "people" were 2 or 3 guys in a bar.

Or did you take a poll of everyone who ordered Backlash 2001?

I certainly have no interest in seeing Bischoff in the ring. There is simply no chance of it being worthwhile. I reckon a good use for Shane would be as a guest ref for RVD v Kane. At the end of the day, the guy is very over, so there's no harm in adding some more crowd heat to the match and whilst the argument might be made that he would be taking attention away from the match itself, let's face it, RVD is (well, should be) getting sacrificed to the Kane push. The match will be little more than a glorified squash, then after the match, Kane can snap and go after Shane too and we can have a sick bump spot. No wrestlers lose their paycheck, the crowd gets what they want (Shane) and it would add to the heat of the match.

I don't mind RVD being the sacrificial lamb, but the only way he's getting pinned is by either being thrown off a titantron , or something, in other words he should be massacred and come back for more till he gets knocked the fuck out.

Guest undisputedjericho

You guys do realise that they have you hooked, right? As long as you keep watching their shows, buying their PPV's and other merchandise, they don't care what quality of television they give you.

And that's not a good thing...that's....a bad thing. :bonk:

Guest Mulatto Heat

I do realize that it was rather obtuse of you to say that, because you assume that everyone who complained in this thread is going to buy SummerSlam.

In fact, I'm going to ask - of those that complained in this thread about Shane et al, are you or are you not going to buy the PPV?

Edited by Mulatto Heat

I do realize that it was rather obtuse of you to say that, because you assume that everyone who complained in this thread is going to buy SummerSlam.

In fact, I'm going to ask - of those that complained in this thread about Shane et al, are you or are you not going to buy the PPV?

As of right now, there are two matches on the card that interest me.

1. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar

2. Rhyno vs. Tajiri vs. Chris Benoit vs. Eddy Guerrero

I have a rule that I won't buy a PPV unless there are at least three matches I want to see on the show.

Sadly enough, the dream match aspect of Goldberg vs. HHH would have probably been enough to be that third match, but they pissed it away by making it the elimination chamber.

That U.S. title match is going to be epic. I can't wait to see that match.

The Elimination Chamber match is going to be a lot better than what people think it will be because its has so many implications and potential good swerves surrounding it.