TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

Which Jackson is Better

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jackson is Better

• Michael Jackson
    • Janet Jackson

Who do you think is the better of the two Jacksons. Michael, who has had a longer career but Janet who seemed to have more hits(counting Solo hits only). So who is your pick of the better Jackson?

The thing is, between Off the Wall and Thriller, MJ had I think at least *10* top 40 singles. He's got her almost beat right out the gate. And he could dance a helluva lot better, too.

Janet is not the freak of the family whose only press is tabloid material........Jacko will never be Backo.

Rhythm Nation 1814 shall not be held down.

Edited by razazteca

According to my top 40 book, as of the year 2000, Michael had 36 top 40 solo hits, Janet had 31. Of course, Michael has had more number one hits, top ten hits, gold and platnium albums and singles.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

This is a hard one because although Mike had more hits..... He's a freaking weirdo!!! Janet definitely has the sexiness factor as well as points for relative normalcy.

Hmmm.... child molester vs. MTV icon?

This is a hard one because although Mike had more hits..... He's a freaking weirdo!!! Janet definitely has the sexiness factor as well as points for relative normalcy.

Hmmm.... child molester vs. MTV icon?

Psssh. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin" alone earned him at least 5 years worth of Get Out Of Deviancy Free cards with me.

What has Micheal done lately? Nothing to speak of really, while Janet has done a few songs with various flavor of the month artist.

Janet and Busta Rhymes gotz what you want.

What has Janet ever done?

Keeping a good public image plus some videos that do get regular air play on BET and MTV. Where are Michael's videos?

So which Michael are you gave so much praise to the black or white one?

Michael has always been fantastic, pre & post-vitaligo.

Invincible wasn't to much of my liking, but everything from HIStory back has my seal of approval as some of the greatest music ever written.

'Unbreakable' is really the only song I dig on Invincible. 'Tis time MJ just retired and went into seclusion (erm...well even more so) out of the way from the public. I swear if his mental health deteriorates anymore (and really, could you blame him?) he'll go even further off the edge than he already has.

UYI

What has Janet ever done?

Keeping a good public image plus some videos that do get regular air play on BET and MTV. Where are Michael's videos?

Whoop-de-doo.

Fact of the matter is, MJ will never, ever be forgotten through his music. Janet will only be remembered as 'Michael Jackson's sister'.

Children I am part-time teaching at the moment, whom are 12 and 11 years of age, are doing a music assignment on their favourite artist. Everyone of them is familiar with MJ's music, which, like any good music, spans generations for eternity.

Janet has never been that good.

UYI