TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

'Bout time they got Angle right too.

Angle in SYM just doesn't seem...right. Hard to explain, however the look he has in SYM isn't Kurt Angle. This version in HCTP is much, much better.

Again, I cannot wait to get my hands on this game.

UYI

I was literally EMBARRASSED to use Kurt in Shut Your Mouth.

Now that Here Comes The Pain is looming near, I'm hard-pressed to find times where I WON'T use Kurt.

Good job fixing this, Yukes.

Guest Trivia247

for some reason they abandon the usual Angle garb and go back to the super A outfit in the last one..

I do hope they give him the angle garb of current timing

for some reason they abandon the usual Angle garb and go back to the super A outfit in the last one..

I do hope they give him the angle garb of current timing

Well, he is wearing the Team Angle outfit in the screenshots. I'm sure they'll include one of his other "generic" USA outfits as well.

Maybe they'll even include the "Bizarro World Angle" outfit... the black singlet he wore at WM a couple years ago. Wasn't my personal favorite, but I know there are a lot of people that like it.

Anyway, I just hope they find some way to include the velour jumpsuit.

I noticed some "You Suck" chants during Angle's entrance video.. hopefully there are two themes for heel/face Angle. I'd like to think that, at least. ;p

I noticed some "You Suck" chants during Angle's entrance video.. hopefully there are two themes for heel/face Angle. I'd like to think that, at least. ;p

They did that in the last game.

Honestly, I don't see the point. He's openly stated that he WANTS people to chant "You suck!" at him and that's when he's a FACE. Either way, people chant it during his entrance. Use one theme for Angle and save the space on the game for a decent CAW theme (what a concept).

Honestly, I don't see the point. He's openly stated that he WANTS people to chant "You suck!" at him and that's when he's a FACE. Either way, people chant it during his entrance. Use one theme for Angle and save the space on the game for a decent CAW theme (what a concept).

Maybe some one would want to make the Patriot.

Maybe some one would want to make the Patriot.

Wouldn't the "you suck" chants be pretty accurate then?

I'm hoping that they give Angle his red, white, and blue camo tights from Vengeance 2002. They're my favorite Angle tights. I'm happy that WM XIX had them.

Quick thoughts:

The faces almost all look really amazing. All except Kane's. His looks too cartoony. And why is Angle so thick?

The arenas look great. The best part is the fact that each entrance has it's own building. The building where Smackdown is held in look different than Raw's. Too bad that the accurate WMXIX stadium isn't in the game.

Is it just me or do all the guys walk funny. I don't remember this happening in SYM, but in HCTP they walk incorrectly.

How many create-a-wrestler slots will there be?

When will I see a good Create-A-PPV?? I want to be able to name it, create a logo, build my own stage, set up the light colors(ala Attitude), and do whatever. That would be cool.

Is it just me or do all the guys walk funny. I don't remember this happening in SYM, but in HCTP they walk incorrectly.

In SYM a lot of the characters walked funny. Steve Austin especially looked like he had some red hot pokers shoved in hsi ass :P

Rico: What's so bad about the T-1000?

Nothing at all. I just don't like the cover using Brock's Unforgiven picture in a metallic color.

EDIT: To whoever was asking, Kane has the towel.

He sure looks better than he did in SYM, Lance was one of the dumbest looking guys in there. They still can't get his hair right, it's never that fully grown out, abut it'll do. I'd assume smiling , dancing Lance will not make an enrance in this game.

Is the Storm pics from a previous build, because they look like crap. And he looks coked up.

They don't look as good as the angle and previous wrestlers sreencaps.

They mangled the Survivor Series 2002 set. Perhaps the "old school"-ness of the actual set wouldn't translate to the game well? I was looking forward to entering through those big door-trons.

They mangled the Survivor Series 2002 set. Perhaps the "old school"-ness of the actual set wouldn't translate to the game well? I was looking forward to entering through those big door-trons.

That Survivor Series set is hella-lame. I mean, if that's what it actually looked like, fine... But as far as realism goes, that set blows.

Guess we can look forward to the WMXX set looking like shit in next year's game. :(

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

We're just about a month away from release, do you think this game will surpass WrestleMania XIX?

We're just about a month away from release, do you think this game will surpass WrestleMania XIX?

I hope so. I was bored with WMXIX after three days. There're only so many times you can play an exhibition match before it gets old.

Translation: even if the season mode has as many holes in it as SYM's did, I'd still take that over Revenge mode from WMXIX. *shudder*

Wrestler of he Day- Matt Hardy, V1

Well, I tried to post it, but the media page wouldn't open up for me. Anybody got Broadband?

Incidently, I almost bought Raw 2 today, but I figured that I'd wait a week or two and buy it used- should be down to something like $20 by then ;)

I'm glad Matt has his 100% real entrance. WMXIX's fake music (that they started in the wrong place) and Raw 2's no Matt facts at all entrance (from what I hear) had me worried, but as usual SmackDown shows me why it's my favourite wrestling game series.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I wonder how many Matt Facts will be used? I say make around 20 and put them in the entrance at random.