TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

I wonder how many Matt Facts will be used? I say make around 20 and put them in the entrance at random.

Well, going by WMXIX, there will be a database of real Matt facts (not sure how many) that randomly are used for his entrances. WMXIX sometimes uses 3 or 4 Matt facts in an entrance, and sometimes only 2. I would imagine it would be 2 at most in HCTP due to the patented "less than 1 minute" intros that the SD! series is known for.

The only real problem with the Facts in WM is that it looks out of place when time sensitive ones are used ('Mattitude will make WM a Success', 'This is Matt's 4th WM Appearance', 'Matt always got more Halloween candy than his brother')

Guest Trivia247

hopes for improvement on the moves, more moves, and allowing some moves not as finishers to be finishers, while other moves do more damage than the none it does now

(Diving Hurricanrana's Hurricanrana 1 etc)

hopes they only can make the CAW process better since it was excellent last time round

allow more spaces for CAW wrestlers

Give us back 8 men max on the screen so we can do Survivor Series matches proper.

Because they have alternate costumes, remember?

Meaning we'll have an Evolution storyline thrown in there.

I know and hope that's the case. I'm just wondering because his entrance is also still very generic and not his new one with the posing and showboating.

Eh, looks like Yukes fucked up with Randy Orton. Hopefully, he'll have his current attire in the game, and he'll just have to have his entrance replaced with something else. In SYM, Christian's entrance works pretty good for Randy Orton so hopefully it'll do the same here. Not too horrible and at least it isn't someone that I'll actually....you know....use.

I think he will have his current attire. Hasn't THQ/Yukes said that each wrestler would have four different costumes? ...oh, and I swear, if that's the case, one of the costumes had BETTER NOT be a stupid referee shirt! ;p

I'd rather have each wrestler have a referee shirt and get the chance to be a guest referee than what happened in SYM. Weren't the only people who could be refs like Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Vince McMahon, and Ric Flair ? It majorly sucked if you wanted to use a certain wrestler to ref, and could only choose from the four. And hell, 3 alternate costumes still ain't bad.

I'd rather have each wrestler have a referee shirt and get the chance to be a guest referee than what happened in SYM. Weren't the only people who could be refs like Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Vince McMahon, and Ric Flair ? It majorly sucked if you wanted to use a certain wrestler to ref, and could only choose from the four. And hell, 3 alternate costumes still ain't bad.

True. But there's a way to do it without wasting an attire slot. I can't remember which game did it, but one in the past would just throw a ref's shirt on the wrestler who was playing special guest ref. I'm sure they could easily do that.

I'm pleased that Evolution music dosen't have the gay ass horn section on it in this game.

That Evolution theme song on there is AWESOME... And yes, thankfully they didn't include the dumb brass section at the beginning.

I wish they kept the ticking clock. The whole "passing of time" thing really worked.

That Evolution theme song on there is AWESOME... And yes, thankfully they didn't include the dumb brass section at the beginning.

I wish they kept the ticking clock. The whole "passing of time" thing really worked.

Definitely. The horns are just... *shudder* I think that they added the horns just so that it would be more "stylish" or "classy" a la Ric Flair... who knows for sure though. But, yeah, I agree, the ticking clocks was a lot better.

What's up with all these fake SurSer sets? Can they not get an MSG entrance to work right? WrestleMania 2000 had doors that opened for your wrestler and everything.

This makes me scared of what the WM XX set is going to look like in future games, whatever they do with it I'm sure it'll be the old school entrance.

Guest Askewniverse
you know what would be really sweet , if they had Shelton Benjamin's spin kick reversal in the move set ::cringes:: :spank:

It was in SYM, so it will probably be in HCTP as well.

Do you think the chin breaker will be Matt's Side Effect ?

I sure hope not, dont remember it being on SYM

The Side Effect was definitely in SYM. It's in Matt Hardy's move set.

IGN Wrestler of the Day - Rhyno

Entrance

Gorilla Press, Powerslam, Powerbomb

Sidewalk Slam, DDT

GORE!

Flying Elbow

smackdownhctp_092503_rhyn0_02.jpg

smackdownhctp_092503_rhyn0_01.jpg

smackdownhctp_092503_rhyn0_04.jpg

IGN Wrestler of the Day - Ric Flair

Entrance with Evolution Theme, but his theme is probably in as well

Back Suplex, Stomach Breaker

Suplex, Abdominal Stretch, Flair Flop~!

Legwork, Top Rope Back Suplex,

Low Blow, Eye Poke, Figure Four, Goodbye

smackdownhctp_092603_fla1rric_02.jpg

smackdownhctp_092603_fla1rric_12.jpg

smackdownhctp_092603_fla1rric_13.jpg

smackdownhctp_092603_fla1rric_10.jpg

smackdownhctp_092603_fla1rric_07.jpg

The Side Effect is in the fourth Rhyno Video.

Edited by Insane Bump Machine

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The Smakcodwn series hasn't update Benoit's new tights in the past two installments, I could imagine them screwng up Orton's.