TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eiker_ir

Helloween....

Creature corner:

With Krueger and Vorhees wrastlin' their way towards the $50 million mark at the box office, studios are now (predictably) looking to pit their own boogeymen against each other in an all-out big screen brawl. Fox is currently in prep on Aliens vs. Predator and New Line is flirting with the idea of drawing Ash into the next Freddy vs. Jason fray (contrary to what Campbell says, this concept is still in New Line's court and most likely hasn't reached Bruce's agent yet).

One of the most obvious match-ups, not in logic but one that avoids messy studio rights, is a Michael Myers vs. Pinhead flick. Both franchises are beating a dead horse to the point of exhaustion under the umbrella of Dimension Films - a company who knows the power of the dollar and how to unabashedly exploit what properties they have in their vaults.

It sounds as if butcher knife will meet chain sooner than you think. Creature-Corner has learned today from a source inside Dimension that development execs are "scrambling" to find writers to pen a Myers vs. Pinhead conflict. No joke.

We can't foretell how The Shape will meet our favorite angel from Hell, but we do recall House of the Dead scribe, Dave Parker, telling the Corner that he once pitched the concept of a Myers/Pinhead fracas – called Helloween - to then-development exec Jeff Kurtz at Dimension. So we dropped this The Dead Hate the Living! director a line to hear what he thought about this bit o' news and talk to him about his pitch...

"I had pitched, unsuccessfully Freddy vs Jason to a guy named Ross Hammer at Sean Cunningham's company around '94 or early '95." Parker explains to the Corner. "After that didn't go well, I started think about what other franchises were at other studios. It was a no-brainer to see that Dimension had both the Halloween and Hellraiser franchises, so I put together a trailer using footage from the Halloween movies, including Halloween 6 which was just getting ready to come out, and the Hellraiser movies 1 thru 4. I did new narration [for the trailer] and I called the idea Helloween - I know not the most ground breaking idea and will probably induce many groans."

While the trailer and mock poster (pictured) impressed the likes of Scott Spiegel (who was directing From Dusk Til Dawn 2 at the time), Clive Barker and others, Dimension eventually declined the project even though Parker "stayed true to the best elements of Halloween and returned Hellraiser back to the mythology that Clive Barker and Pete Atkins established." The rejection isn't going to discourage Parker from trying again. "I went the extra mile putting this trailer together, spending money to finish it, and I hope that they can at least meet with me and take me as seriously as any other writer that they would meet with."

Myers and Pinhead fans have probably worked themselves into a drooling mess for this nutty idea. Keep checking the Corner for further details and remember where you heard it first.

this is stupid

stupid or not,

*SPOILER*

i really wanted to see a cameo by pinhead saying "welcome to hell" or "we have such sights to show you" or something like that ..i even stayed through the credits of F vs J waiting for it

Guest Big_Jay101

HAHHA...well you are one crazy guy there is now way New Line could have put Pinhead in there. Dimension owns him

Guest Urine Sane
i even stayed through the credits of F vs J waiting for it

Ha!

Anyway, that's a horrible idea for a movie, not only has John Carpenter's original masterpiece Halloween already been stretched way too far (should have stopped after 2), but Hellraiser hasn't been cool in ages. Plus, what's the point? Nobody likes Pinhead, and Mikey is too cool to fight a direct to video chump. Halloween sure isnt as good as it started, but it's not even close to how crappy hellraiser has gotten.

And this guy made a trailer? Whoopdee freakin do!!! Why would a film company want to see a fan trailer? Especially if its all old footage!

What they need to do is have Michael kill Mustafa and thus kill himself and end this endless string of sequels. Seriously, Halloween was a great independent low budget film, that relied on suspense instead of gore, now its a campy teen slasher.

Hellraiser period is just gay (1 was ok).

Guest El Satanico

Why is this stupid? It's the same as Freddy vs. Jason.

Mindless killing machine vs. sadistic demon with a sharp tongue

However, Myers vs. Pinhead would need a more serious tone to it. Pinhead does his best work when the movie is somewhat serious. If handled properly, this could be just as good or even better than Freddy vs. Jason.

Frankly, I don't care how many Vs. movies they do as long as the stars are of interest.

Critters vs. Gremlins...ok

Torgo vs. Prince of Space...not ok

And this guy made a trailer?  Whoopdee freakin do!!!  Why would a film company want to see a fan trailer?  Especially if its all old footage!

The guy they are talking about isn't a fan off the streets with no ties to Hollywood. He works in Hollywood, since The article says he wrote the upcoming movie House of The Dead and directed The Dead Hate The Living.

Edited by El Satanico

Guest wwF1587

bah! why do they have to do this, i refused to see any halloween movies besides one or two, just to savor the greatness of the series, helloween is a cool title but i hope they dont do it...

Guest El Satanico

Well regardless of how you feel about the sequels to their movies, Myers and Pinhead are good characters. Since both are good characters they could make a good movie with them.

But chances are Dimension will give little thought to it and will accept the first script that resembles FvsJ.

Freddy vs. Jason was a great popcorn flick that went over well with the crowds. Just leave it at that. A sequel perhaps, but stop expanding.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Don't think that this couldn't work. If done dark enough this movie could be better the FvsJ.

Now, Aliens vs Predator was in the making for a while, and that sounds pretty cool (based on the game and all)..but any new horror or sci fi genre vs movies are just more examples of hollywood being out of ideas. Its one step above pointless hacked out sequels, but its still very annoying.

Now, Aliens vs Predator was in the making for a while, and that sounds pretty cool (based on the game and all)..but any new horror or sci fi genre vs movies are just more examples of hollywood being out of ideas. Its one step above pointless hacked out sequels, but its still very annoying.

Why is that bad? As long as I am entertained, I could give two shits why it was made.

These "vs." movies are a hell of a lot more interesting to me than yet another cookie-cutter Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but at least it's not the exact same things over again. It'll get old over time, but for now, just enjoy that we'll get to see classic matchups.

Just like we had back in the classic Universal days.

Guest two_tuff_toddy

I think that all these vs movie ideas are cool. I am personally not a big fan of Mike Myers but Pinhead is my favorite horror villian of all time so I am about this movie no matter how it turns out.

i'am all for the Alien vs. Predator movie, it's actually the Vs. movie i was most looking forward to aftef FvsJ, but now it's number 1 i guess.

I think Pinhead vs. Myers it's a bad idea, but maybe it's because i never really liked the Hellraiser series, it may be good but i'm not looking forward to it.

and Critters vs. Gremlins hell yeah!!!!!

Edited by eiker_ir

Pinhead's too damn boring. I wouldn't pay to see it.

The first two were classic horror. The latter few just sucked. But I really can't see how Pinhead was boring.

Oh boy, let's beat this idea into the ground (although Alien v Predator has been around for a while now).

Question: Which Myers will show up? The one from 1/2/H20/One with Busta, or the other goofy cult one from 1/2/4/5/6 (I may be a bit inaccurate with the sequels -- sue me).

And will there be a Season of the Witch tie-in somewhere?

Scriptwriters have their work cut out for them.

And, by the way, which creature should face Jaws should the movie monster match-up fad ever decide to reach water?...

Pinhead's powers are too strong for any of these guys. All these other guys are horrible people, but PinHead has the power of hell behind him. And he'll tear all their sould apaaaaaaaaart.

Guest El Satanico
And, by the way, which creature should face Jaws should the movie monster match-up fad ever decide to reach water?...

Jaws vs. Orca

Jaws vs. Flipper

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Pinhead's powers are too strong for any of these guys. All these other guys are horrible people, but PinHead has the power of hell behind him. And he'll tear all their sould apaaaaaaaaart.

Damn right. Can't fuck with Pinhead.

How about this barnburner..

Tremors vs. Eight Legged Hairy Freaks.

Terminator vs. RoboCop, man. Imagine AHNULD trying to be arrested by Officer Murphy.

...yes, it'd suck, but the game was fun as hell.

Oh, and I still think Aliens vs. Predator will suck unless Mark Verheiden (writer of the original comic series, as well as the first 3 books of ALIENS the comics, ie. some of the best written sci-fi/horror/action comics ever) has some pull in it. Unfortunately, it's Paul WS Anderson, who gave us that piece of shit (yet fun to watch) Resident Evil, so expect too much kung-fu from the Predator, a marine that knows exactly how to kill all of them (despite never running into either before), and Aliens that somehow know how to teleport.

This doesn't necessarily have to be a Vs. type movie, Pinhead & Michael Myers I mean. They could easily do a crossover where Myers found the box as a kid and released Pinhead, who saw the makings of a real evil so pure that he just couldn't waste it on sending Myers to hell or making him into another cenobite. Hence the mass murders, hence the invincibility of Myers, and so on. The ending could culminate with a confrontation or a battle of some sort between the two, but they could easily avoid the stigma of this being a "Vs." movie if they wrote it correctly, and I for one would definitely pay to see it.

I want to see Leatherface & The Family in a versus movie.

Who could they go against?

Also, on a side note, has anyone seen the 4th Texas Chainsaw movie, with Renee Zellweger?

If so, can anyone tell me the point of having the guy with the millions of piercings lick Renee's face for half a minute whilst exposing his body art, and then leaving shortly after?

Guest Urine Sane
1/2/H20/One with Busta, or the other goofy cult one from 1/2/4/5/6

He wasn't "the goofy cult one" in 1 or 2, and I don't think he was goofy at all in any of them, just the motives changed (which was retarded).

Pinhead is freakin gay, the only reason the first Hellraiser was good was because of Uncle Frank. Not because of Pinhead.