TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SpikeFayeJettEdBebop

Snatch or Pulp Fiction???

Now, let me explain this. I bought some stuff last weekend, and I don't wanna spend too much this weekend. SO, I am only going to buy one of the aforementioned DVDs(Mentioned in Topic) I bought Lock,Stock,And 2 Smoking Barrels last week on DVD for $9.99 so I really thought I would LOVe Snatch. Then again, I havnt yet seen Pulp Fiction and it really looks good to me also. I have a problem here though. I have read extremely good reviews for Reservior Dogs AND Pulp, and I have seen Reservior. I didnt like it that much and thought it was EXTREMELY overrated. I am afraid that the same thing will happen with Pulp Fiction. I really want to see both, the only thing dividing it, are my oppinions of the directors other films that I have seen : Reservior Dogs and Lock,Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels I went into Lock,Stock thinking ti would be good, and I really liked it, and it fulfilled my expectations. How-ever, as I said, I also heard very good things about Reservior Dogs and I was very, sorely, dissapointed after viewing it, and I didn't find it to be what I thought it would be (quality wise) and I am thinking the same might hapen with Pulp Fiction. For some reason , isill have a diff., good, feeling about Pulp, so I came here to ask you guys, although im sure you'll say PF.

Who do like more? Pulp Fiction Bruce Willis, John Travolta, Sam Jackson, Uma Thurman? Pulp is a movie with several chapters which has the mini plots merge into one big climax.

or

Snatch Brad Pitt, Vinnie Jones, Jason Stratham, Dennis Faria? Snatch is comedy with similiar style but very British. Rent this movie to just to try to figure out what Brad Pitt says in his gypsy accent.

Edited by razazteca

Guest Burning Hammer

Pulp fiction is the better film. It is a film persons type of movie. Snatch on the other hand is a very enjoyable romp but it doesn't have the heart of Pulp Fiction IMO at least.

Both are excellent and you should own them both.

I really dunno about the actors, I like them all to tell ya the truth...and yeah, I'll rent them both, but It will cost me like 7 bucks LOL...no big deal.....Anyway, what does anyone else think about this???

you, my friend, are getting fucked in the ass and need to find a better video store. there ain't no reason that anyone should pay more than 2 dollars for something that's not a new release.

Guest two_tuff_toddy

Pulp Fiction is by far the better movie. I think you would still like it even though you didn't care for Reservoir Dogs that much because there is a better cast, MUCH better diolague, and an all around cooler plot. Plust the style the movie is shot in is just genius.

Snatch is also a very good movie but not in the same league as the aforementioned one.

I would recommend Pulp Fiction, although I am biased, but you really can't go wrong either way.

Whomever was talking about movies being overpriced, I rented one new release and one old movie and it costed me 8 bucks. Now that's overpriced. I even live in a town where most things are inexpensive.

I know quite a few people who weren't into Resevoir Dogs the first time they saw it. Mainly because they aren't use to a dialouge driven movie and more used to the action speaking for itself. Give it another viewing or two and I am sure you will come around. That movie was pure gold, IMO.

Guest BAR

I'd go with Pulp. You get a nice two disc set with a shit-load of extras. I agree that ResDogs was overrated but Pulp is still one of my top 10. Highly recommended, Snatch may be overrated here in the UK for obvious reasons.

I liked Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels better than either. If I were to choose, then I'd go with Pulp Fiction over Snatch, but really, not by much.

And Razateca, Vinnie Jones first move would probably be to hit Sam Jackson in the balls, so I'd have to say that Vinnie would probably win.

Guest John Dub

I loved Reservoir Dogs, but the first time I saw Pulp Fiction I thought it wasn't great. I loved Snatch to death the first time I saw it, bought it the same day, and showed it to all my friends. I still love it. However, I've seen Pulp about 6 times since, and it really grew on me, so I give it the edge. It takes awhile to notice all the subtlty in it, but it's the superior movie.

I loved Reservoir Dogs, though, maybe my favorite movie.

Okay, I only rented RD the first time. I guess this weekend ill rent Snatch,RD,and PF(Yeah,im tired and lazy as fuck so I wont writethe names out)and watch them all over the weekend. I'll post whatever I think later most likely, but I really look foward to seeing all three(Well not RD again so much, but I obviously wanna see it more than anything else)Actually, at my local video stores its either 5 bucks a pop,5 bucks a pop(2 diff. places) OR like 2.39 for an older movie....I guess I overratted the price a LITTLE bit but it will still be around 6 bucks(more if I decide to DEF. rent RD again.....)Anyway, thanks to you all.....

Guest jm29195
And Razateca, Vinnie Jones first move would probably be to hit Sam Jackson in the balls, so I'd have to say that Vinnie would probably win.

I second that- Vinnie Jones is/was a legit psycho sometimes....

Pulp Fiction is probably my favorite movie of all time. So... uhm, buy that. Now.

EDIT: Not to say that Snatch ISN'T good... it's just infinitely inferior to anything Tarentino's ever done, in my opinion.

Snatch, by far. I found it much more enjoyable. I've seen it a few times, and dug it each time. Pulp Fiction was ok the first time, and mostly unwatchable each time I've tried to watch it since.

And NO WAY does Sam Jackson take Vinnie Jones in a fight. Jackson plays a tough guy in movies, Jones is a tough guy in movies because he was banned for being a badass in soccer.

Well, after the weekend, I have seen "Fight Club" "Gangs of New York" "Pulp Fiction" and I still need to view "The Limey" and "Snatch" Although some may not agree with me, I believe Fight Club to be an EXCELLENT film, and that is the film that I would normally purchase first. Because I can't find the double DVD edition anywhere, I will just wait till 10/14 when it's rereleased. I really did like Pulp Fiction though. I can't get the "Bad MOTHER FUCKER" wallet part out of my head. If anyone can find a picture of that for me I would apprecitae it(I know someone has it in thier sig....)Anyway, since I don't just wanna sit around untill the FIht Club re-release, I am going to purchase Pulp Fiction most likely tomorrow, or sometime soon. I still can't stand Reservior Dogs, but thought Fiction was PURE GOLD!!!!Anyway, thanks for the reccmendations...my completly time wasting movie waching weekend has been fun.