TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

France: Hamas, Islamic Jihad not terror groups

Guest JMA
We are judged by it --- and you really need to tone down the uber-sympathy bit.

I prefer to take the high ground and not judge them by stupid and nationalistic stereotypes. And I'm not overtly sympathetic.

The French, by and large, do not like us. Their gov't does not like us --- nor have they in a long time.

I could care less if their goverment doesn't like us. I'm still going to judge people as individuals, and not where they come from.

Guest MikeSC
We are judged by it --- and you really need to tone down the uber-sympathy bit.

I prefer to take the high ground and not judge them by stupid and nationalistic stereotypes. And I'm not overtly sympathetic.

The French, by and large, do not like us. Their gov't does not like us --- nor have they in a long time.

I could care less if their goverment doesn't like us. I'm still going to judge people as individuals, and not where they come from.

I'll judge their gov't and people by ones I've dealt with personally. Thus, the French are rude, not terribly bright, and rancid.

And there's a line between taking the "high ground" and just being holier-than-thou. Don't cross that line, please.

-=Mike

Guest JMA
I'll judge their gov't and people by ones I've dealt with personally. Thus, the French are rude, not terribly bright, and rancid.

And there's a line between taking the "high ground" and just being holier-than-thou. Don't cross that line, please.

-=Mike

That's not what DrTom says. Have you actually been to France? You seem to base all your opinions on crazy stereotypes.

Eh. I'd have to agree with Mike for the most part; I have travelled to France, and most of the folks there are willing -- nay, begging -- to rip off any potential American. They seem to hold an irrational grudge, too. However, that doesn't characterize all of the citizens, and I've met quite a few very gracious and nice Frenchmen (and women). It's tasteless to laugh at their death counts because I'm sure there were also some very nice, gracious, and well bathed people who died in this heatwave.

Stupidity, arrogance, and incorrigability are not values confined to France.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

That's not what DrTom says. Have you actually been to France? You seem to base all your opinions on crazy stereotypes.

I said --- and I quote myself --- the ones I've personally dealt with.

Smelly, rude, not too bright.

-=Mike

And I'm not overtly sympathetic.

Sure about that, sport?

Stupidity, arrogance, and incorrigability are not values confined to France.

True, but they do them so exceptionally well.

That's not what DrTom says.

Really, though, I was talking about the French girls with tight bodies and loose morals whom I met in the discotheques. They had their shaving and bathing together, as did most of the people I met over there. There were a few rude Frenchmen, but you're going to run into assholes anywhere you go. I think my experience was helped greatly by the fact that I spoke the language, though, and could ask questions and converse with people in French. I probably came off a lot less like a tourist and a "typical American" because of that.

Well, be fair. The DGSE and the Surete are still waiting for confirmation that the Schutzstaffel was a terrorist organisation; their resources must be overstretched. They've also got that backlog of a few million stormtrooper boots to polish. And really, what's so bad about Hamas and Islamic Jihad? I mean, they're just killing Jews, right?

As a Jew, even a non-practicing one at this time, I HOPE that was sarcasm, because if it wasn't, that just disgusting.

Guest BobbyWhioux
Well, be fair. The DGSE and the Surete are still waiting for confirmation that the Schutzstaffel was a terrorist organisation; their resources must be overstretched. They've also got that backlog of a few million stormtrooper boots to polish. And really, what's so bad about Hamas and Islamic Jihad? I mean, they're just killing Jews, right?

As a Jew, even a non-practicing one at this time, I HOPE that was sarcasm, because if it wasn't, that just disgusting.

I think it's half sarcasm, half jab at French history. Anti-Semitism has a long and storied tradition in France.

Really, given their respective histories up to the early 20th Century, if you had told the average world-aware 1910 person that there'd be an attempt to systematically murder every jew in Europe, most of them would've replied "You know, those damn French will try anything." Germany was actually, relative to the rest of Europe, a good place for Jewish people to live.

Which, unfortunately, made it harder for a lot of them to believe it was time to get the hell out come 1937-38...

I will spare you some of the delectable dead Frenchman jokes I just heard recently.

Please post them! If you have some jokes about:

The holocaust

9/11

Hiroshima/Nagasaki

Child abuse/domestic violence

Lockerbie

Oklahoma City

Slavery

Munich Olympics murders

Drunk driving/vehicular homicide

and the treatment of Native Americans, they would also be greatly appreciated!!!!

JF4H =- Who can't get enough of jokes that make light of people dying in large numbers!!!!!!!!!!! OMGLOLWTF? :lol:

I'm very positive on the Jewish people in general, and on Israel in general. In the specific, however, you are an illiterate and an idiot. Kindly stay in the WWE folder until you learn how to read.

Guest Anglesault

I'd like to say that I'm shocked and/or surprised at this, but France (Hell, most of Europe) is Anti-Semitic

No suprise here. There is a huge muslim population in France and they hold a lot of influence over the government which leads to their generally anti-semetic views on things.

Since I was ignored the first time and it fits in better now, anyway I've bumped my reply.

Hamas Merges with French Foreign Legion

(2003-08-26) -- Hamas, the Palestinian social services agency, has merged with the French Foreign Legion, according to sources at the European Union (EU) offices in Brussels, Belgium. The merged entity will be called The Franco-Hamas Gilles-Had.

The move by France comes as the EU debates whether to classify Hamas as a terrorist organization in the wake of last week's bus bombing in Israel.

"We're glad to hear that France is keeping the lines of communication open with Hamas," said an unnamed EU spokesman. "Peace for the Palestinians can only come through dialogue. This official recognition that Hamas and France share strategic interests will certainly foster greater communication."

I'm very positive on the Jewish people in general, and on Israel in general. In the specific, however, you are an illiterate and an idiot. Kindly stay in the WWE folder until you learn how to read.

Well, I WAS just going to tell you to fuck off, but I decided to be civil about it on the chance it was sarcasm. But, if that's the way you feel about it...

Fuck off, slick.

:cheers:

No suprise here. There is a huge muslim population in France and they hold a lot of influence over the government which leads to their generally anti-semetic views on things.

Since I was ignored the first time and it fits in better now, anyway I've bumped my reply.

Hmm, I never knew there was a large muslim poulation in France. Always figured it was predominately Christian, or some variation of Christianity.

I decided to be civil about it on the chance it was sarcasm. But, if that's the way you feel about it...

Fuck off, slick.

"On the chance it was sarcasm?" What confused you, the reference to a backlog of stormtrooper boot-polishing? Or the bit about the DGSE being uncertain about the Schutzstaffel's status? Jesus.

Tom, can we have a formal IQ test to enter this folder? Please?

I'm honestly puzzled; what are you trying to accomplish here? You walked in with a chip on your shoulder, misinterpreted (ludicrously) the very clear irony of my initial post (which everyone else seems to have understood without a problem), decided to get offended at your own idiotic misinterpretation, belligerently demanded an explanation (which you got), and now you're parading around trying to flame-bait at a sad grade-school level. What is it that you want, exactly? You aren't arguing any issues. You aren't making any points. You aren't even talking about anything in particular. If you want to get involved in a useless flamewar, could you go to NHB?

Edited by Cancer Marney

You know what? After surfing through the boards today, and seeing people act like absolute pricks, I have to say I don't like that. And with that in mind, I want to appologize to Marney. I took things too seriously, and posted without reading carefully enough. Hazards of posting at work- you just kind of rush through things and post without thinking to much.

Again, my apologies.

:cheers:

Guest DeputyHawk

in reference to the anti-French sentiment which started out as a joke on these boards and has got increasingly unpleasant of late, i have news for people - it's not the french alone who have a chip on their shoulder about americans, it's europe in general.

honestly, almost everywhere you go in europe (the most obvious exception being britain because we share a language) you will find strong dislike towards america and americans, and in general it has nothing to do with your history or politics; it's simply the fact that your average american abroad is the most obnoxious, loud, arrogant, disprespectful piece of trash you are likely to encounter anywhere.

dr tom was on the money when he said he was treated differently because he at least made an attempt to speak the language. most french people, indeed europeans in general, have at least a rudimentary grasp of english and will be glad to help you out in return for you at least making the effort to learn the linguistic basics of their country in which you are a guest. but in general there is no such respect afforded - american tourists (and brits to a lesser extent) will just arrogantly speak english at (not to) europeans in their own country and then have the affrontery to get frustrated and angry when they get no response. it is incredibly common to then pass an insult (ie "i don't speak fucking frog") to the person in english, which the recipient no doubt understands, manifoldly multiplying their prior dislike.

the most telling reaction to americans abroad i ever saw was inside the cistine chapel. all the way down into the vaults you are repeatedly told over tanoy not to talk or use flash photography in the chapel. the only voices heard in there - loud americans. the only people disobeying the requests of the chapel - disrespectful americans. the glares and silent looks exchanged between people of all creeds and colours spoke volumes about the rest of the world's attitudes towards americans.

drop the holier-than-thou attitude and show some fucking respect to other cultures. most of the civilised world detests you and when your ambassadors abroad constantly display such condescending attitudes towards those you come into contact with, it's sometimes easy to see why.

it's not who you are that makes you so unpopular as a nation, it's how you act towards the other kids in the sandpit, and i think the plethora of anti-French threads in this folder lately exemplify that.

I have no problem with most European countries. I have taken classes in German for example and would love to go there. France I have an issue with and will try to take the fastest way out of there as possible.

Edit: And Euro's take NO time to learn our language as when I worked in Las Vegas we have plenty of Frenchies come in and just speak French and no English. Same with the Japanese outside of Hi and OK. One of my co-workers got one of Japanese tourists to say "You my nigga" real loud though and that was too funny.