TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Playmakers

It's not that bad in my oppinion, and yes, this may be the begginign of ESPNs downfall, but the show isnt complete crap, AND it doesnt nearly have ANY sort of language like The Sopranos. Plus, I did feel like they were trying to show what they could air...the coach was like "This is the biggest damn game of your damn life" now, thats sounds STUPID and it is uneeded. Although they also had in "dick" and "shit" sveral times. I wasnt suprised by "shit" though, after watching Shield. I cant wait for season 3 of The Shield though.....I dont find anything else on FX to be of much value....

Guest El Satanico

ESPN has always had more than enough programming space to show lesser followed sports(like bowling and hockey) and original programming(like ESPYs and SportsCentury).

What of importance will this hour show knock off the air? You people honestly believe they'd take a baseball or football game off the schedule in order to show ESPN original programming? At worst it may cause one of their sport's news programs to change their time or day.

Until they start doing programs not associated with sports, ESPN has nothing in common with MTV.

I don't like the show because it is 'edgy', I liked it because I thought it was a good show. I don't care if a show says shit or shows a guy's ass.

"Shit" is nothing anymore. I was watching Failure Is Not An Option on The History Channel and they said shit.

I recommend EVERYONE watch Failure Is Not An Option .

... The point of the channel (ESPN) is to report real sports not make believe.

ESPN = Entertainment and Sports Network.

Personally, I'm glad that they're branching out into more different shows; there's only so many times you can watch Sportscenter in one night, and the only sport I really like is basketball, anyway.

Well, what would you all rather watch, Playmakers or the National Spelling Bee? Now THAT is NOT what ESPN should be showing. That and those stupid Dance competitions...

As far as Playmakers being far-fetched, of course it is, but I remember someone making a valid point about TV dramas in an Oz thread one time. Prison life is actually pretty boring and not as dramamtic as Oz showed. They have to spice up reality in order to keep viewers interested. I'm sure NFL players lead interesting lives, but I'm sure they're lives are not as interesting as Playmakers shows...

Well, having watched a couple of eps, I'm liking the show, even if it does have tons of cliche sports players and such. Besides which, how can you hate a show that casts Joey Jeremiah as the kicker?

No matter what you think of the show, you have to admit that slowly but surely, Omar Gooding has stepped up to be the MAN.

He is perhaps the biggest redeeming quality of that show.

... The point of the channel (ESPN) is to report real sports not make believe.

ESPN = Entertainment and Sports Network.

For one of my papers, I had to cite an ESPN article and I found out that they've officially dropped the meaning behind the acronym. They seriously are "ESPN, Inc." like the XFL. No actual meaning.

No matter what you think of the show, you have to admit that slowly but surely, Omar Gooding has stepped up to be the MAN.

He is perhaps the biggest redeeming quality of that show.

WIth every great performance he turns in, he will slowly erase the Wild and Crazy Kids memory from my mind...

Omar, like Donnie Walberg are the lesser known brothers with more talent than their more famous counterparts.

Omar, like Donnie Walberg are the lesser known brothers with more talent than their more famous counterparts.

Funny that it's at a point where Marky Mark is more famous than his NKOTB brother...

Yeah, I agree he is awesome in this show. Although, I was watching him the other day on "Smart Guy" or whatever its called on the Disney Channel with my little brother. He isnt bad on it, but I hope that role also gets erased out of my memory. Back to topic, he's a great actor, and in my oppinion, he MAKES Playmakers watchable.