TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Ok I know my job isn't the worst....

Ok I've shared a few work stories in my other threads but I know other people have some funny stories about something that pissed you off at work.

So somebody share. The guy who works in the coffee shop...I know you've got something.

Oh and for anybody that works with the public. Do you ever get the customer that decides to share there life story with you? You know they order something but they don't want this on it and they decide to tell you why and that leads to this and then to that...and before you know it an hour has passed and they're still standing there. Ok it's not to that extent but you know what I'm talking about.

Guest Big T

Ok, I work in an office with 4 other women. So, we ALL cycle together. So for about 7 days a month, it is total hell in here! :P

Guest Big T
I work for £2:51 an hour. 'nuf said.

How much does that equate to in American Monies?

Guest Big T
I work for £2:51 an hour. 'nuf said.

How much does that equate to in American Monies?

About 5 cent.

*stop teasing* :wub:

I work for the government. Enough said.

Though I will say, now that the script kiddies and virus writers have decided to take a break, I've been able to return to the glorious feeling of doing next to nothing all day.

Guest Fook
The guy who works in the coffee shop...I know you've got something.

Well, I haven't worked there since 2001, but I still got lots of stories.

It all depends what you want:

Stupid bosses, stupid coworkers, or stupid customers?

I got 'em all.

I metioned the drunks wanting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from taco bell in the other thread. I found it funny when fat guys would come in and ask for eveything on the menu and then a diet coke.

90 percent of the women at my job are WELL endowed. The ratio of men to women here is about 10-1.

Now I know you might think this is cool. But when your boss is trying to give you work and her DDD are popping out of her top, or when you want to have a regular conversation in the break room but your man ass eyes start to wander...well. You get the idea. It is very VERY hard to be professional in this place.

And I am not talking just some of them are kinda big. I mean, I will put money on about 7-8 of them not being real and are cartoonishly large for their body frames. And this is a very professional business. Its not like something that someone was stripping last week can just fall back on.

It was something the first two days, but now, its just disturbing.

Yeah here's another one. Being a pizza restraunt that for some reason hasn't joined the technology age we still take our orders on a ticket.

So I hate it when people walk in and look at you and know that you don't have the ticket ready to start writing and then look at the menu and begin ordering without you even being ready....

"Yeah I want 3 large Pepperoni's, 2 orders of breadsticks, and a 2 liter pepsi...how much is that???"

At this point you've just finished writing the order and haven't even gotten to use the calculator to figure there total and they look at you and roll there eyes and sigh heavily until you get there total. I just want to tell them "you know what...we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone...that means you...bye bye".

Or when they start ordering as they walk through the door...nothing is more irritating than that.

90 percent of the women at my job are WELL endowed. The ratio of men to women here is about 10-1.

Now I know you might think this is cool. But when your boss is trying to give you work and her DDD are popping out of her top, or when you want to have a regular conversation in the break room but your man ass eyes start to wander...well. You get the idea. It is very VERY hard to be professional in this place.

And I am not talking just some of them are kinda big. I mean, I will put money on about 7-8 of them not being real and are cartoonishly large for their body frames. And this is a very professional business. Its not like something that someone was stripping last week can just fall back on.

Where do you work and where do you live? And can a 19 year old work there?

90 percent of the women at my job are WELL endowed.  The ratio of men to women here is about 10-1.

Now I know you might think this is cool.  But when your boss is trying to give you work and her DDD are popping out of her top, or when you want to have a regular conversation in the break room but your man ass eyes start to wander...well.  You get the idea.  It is very VERY hard to be professional in this place. 

And I am not talking just some of them are kinda big.  I mean, I will put money on about 7-8 of them not being real and are cartoonishly large for their body frames.  And this is a very professional business.  Its not like something that someone was stripping last week can just fall back on. 

Where do you work and where do you live? And can a 19 year old work there?

Oh you say that now. You would complain after not too long also.

Here's one I can think of off the top of my head. I work at Wal-mart in Electronics, and our store is really small, so small that we don't have a photo lab, so hence we have to handle the customer's photos.

So anywho, we have a sign posted on our film dropoff box that says a pack of double prints, 24 exp. is $4.94. After you add the 7% sales tax, it rounds out to $5.30. Well I rung up this one woman's pictures, told her the total, and she starts screaming at me about it.

She's like "Well I thought it was only $4.94" I looked at her and said "It is, but that is before tax. If you add tax you get this".

She argued with me for a good 2 mins, me still stating that it's tax, and there was nothing I could do about it, in which she finally states "Well that signs wrong and you need to change it!"

Ok, here's another one. It's around Christmas, busy time for us. I had 2 black women come in there and ask me about an old display DVD player we had. Now our policy is that any displays can be sold at a reduced price if and only if they are the last one we have. If we still have box stock they are sold as is and at regular price. I tell them that, they say ok, and stand there for a minute, not saying anything. Well in that time, one of my co-workers, an older lady, asks me if I would get something down off the riser for another customer. I do that, get down off the ladder and go over to the line where the 2 ladies are and ask if they wanted one of the boxed DVD players. She looks at me and yells

"I DIDN'T APPRECIATE YOU WALKING AWAY FROM ME AND THAT FAT HEFFER OVER THERE BETTER KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT"

Turns out when I went up the ladder, she had made some smart remark about me, which my co-worker responded defended me in saying that she thought we was thru, and she was sorry. The lady said "Well you don't have to get smart with me" which ticked off my co-worker who responded back with a "well if you want to get smart, I'll get smart too!"

I got more, trust me I do. My town breeds stupidity

Guest wwF1587

ok so i work at a grocery store, and i have worked there about two years now and let me tell you some of my experiecnes there have just been mind numbing... i have a TON of stupid customer stories.. its like they do it JUST to piss you off.. a few manager funny stories... and stupid co worker stories as well.. I will tell one of my personal favorite manager stories..

SO, I am sitting in the break room, minding my own busines.. one of the assitant managers walk in, asks me how its going and all.. so we start talking, somehow we got to the topic of smoking, i told him i did (or use to) and he proceeded to ask why i was doing that crap, now i am 18 so its all ok and stuff, I just thought he would give me a lecture of how it causes lung cancer and stuff but no, totally not the case at all, instead he says this "why the fuck are you smoking man, you should CHEW, chewing is the way to go!" :headbang: so im all fuckin sitting there kinda in shock in stuff, i thought he was kidding but he was absolutely mother fucking serious... hes all like "yeah you will get lip cance but what the fuck ya know".. im all marking out in my head at this.. even though he is an asshole at times, hes still one of the coolest managers i have ever worked for... So then a few days later, im all in the back, loading up a six wheeler with pop to fill the shelves with, he comes back there, asks me how i am doing, i say "im good, yourself?" he takes out his chewing tabacco, grabs a big ass handfull of it, pops it in his mouth and is all like "im great now!" once again i start marking out in my head, i mean its a fn grocery store for fucks sake but he dont care... really funny and pretty damn cool guy.

Guest Fook
Stupid customers...my favorite.

Ask and you shall receive.

The first one that always pops into my head when people ask about stupid customers is this lady who came through the drive-through, but when she got to the window, she suddenly remembered she wanted a doughnut as well as her coffee.

Fine, whatever. I could go on for hours about customers who forget to order things and tell us at the window, slowing down our whole line, but it was just 1 doughnut, so I digress.

I tell her, "OK, which doughnut do you want?"

The answer she gave me confounds me even to this day.

"Um...you know...the round one. It's made with sugar I think."

NO SHIT! YOU WANT THAT DOUGHNUT?!? AS OPPOSED TO THE ONES THAT DON'T HAVE SUGAR IN THEM?!?

Considering we carried about 50 different types of doughnuts to choose from (and all of them with sugar too! Who would've guessed?) along with a lineup that was quickly reaching around the block, this wasn't the most welcome time to deal with a moron.

I, miraculously, maintained my patience. I calmly asked her to be just a little more specific so we could figure out the identity of this mysterious doughnut.

Her response didn't help.

"I'm not sure of the name, but it's the one without chocolate or vanilla in it."

Needless to say, I was pretty much boiling over at this point. It's not chocolate or vanilla? What the fuck does that mean?

Luckily, she managed to grasp a little bit of common sense and actually say something that could help us.

"I just remembered, it didn't have a hole in the middle."

WELL THANKS FOR TELLING ME THIS NOW DIPSHIT!!!

Considering we only carried five types of round doughnuts without holes in the middle, I figured I was almost finished with this retarded bitch.

I named all the doughnuts that matched her description, and wouldn't you know it, all she wanted was a freaking JELLY FILLED DOUGHNUT!!!

How hard is it to remember that the doughnut has fucking jelly in it?

AAAAAAARGH!

I work for the government. Enough said.

Though I will say, now that the script kiddies and virus writers have decided to take a break, I've been able to return to the glorious feeling of doing next to nothing all day.

Ahh... yes.... Morons who just freaking can't be bothered to UPDATE THEIR GODDAMN COMPUTER AND FUCK OVER MY LIFE AND MAKE ME WORK.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Well, when any of you guys have to wine and dine a client who's account means 6 digits to your company, and the guys a total douche. The I may have sympathy, may.

Try explaining to a senior VP of a company many times larger than your "company" why his computer is broke.

Bitch.

Any that is assuming any of us BELIEVE a word you are saying.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Try explaining to a senior VP of a company many times larger than your "company" why his computer is broke.

Bitch.

My "company" is Fujitsu, ass.

If you are not familiar with them then I suggest...Clicking here.

Edited by Johnson1620

Johnson: You should join us.

Client: No.

Johnson: I am right, you are wrong. Join us

Client: How do I know this will make me money?

Johnson: It will.

Client: Prove it.

Johnson: It will make you money.

Client: How?

Johnson: I can't tell you- but I am not wrong. I am right