TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

The ONE and ONLY MTV Music Video Awards 2003

Just in case you've been living in a ditch somewhere, it's August 28- time for host Chris Rock and celebs like Tony Hawk, P. Diddy and Hilary Duff to take Radio City Hall by storm. Performances tonight include Good Charlotte, Coldplay and Christina Aguilera. 6:30pmEST is the Red Carpet pre-show and then, come 8:00pmEST, it's lights, camera, insanity...

The big show premieres LIVE on August 28 @ 8 p.m. ET. Don't miss it!

- MTV.COM

Some noteworthy news...

- Johnny Cash Hospitalized, Will Miss Video Music Awards

Johnny Cash was hospitalized in Nashville on Monday for treatment of an undisclosed stomach condition and will miss Thursday's MTV Video Music Awards. The 71-year-old country legend is nominated in six categories.

- Christina Threatens To Wear Nun's Outfit To VMAs

For every special occasion, the age-old question of what to wear arises, bringing with it even more questions: "Is the event casual or formal?," "What's the weather like?," "Will I be able move around easily?" and, of course, "Does this make me look fat?"

For multiplatinum pop diva Christina Aguilera, the MTV Video Music Awards is just like any other special occasion in that all the usual questions apply. But when you factor in nine superstar performances, dozens of celebrity presenters and tens of millions of viewers, the search for the perfect VMA outfit gets a little bit more involved.

"For a major event like the VMAs, we don't look for just one dress, we look for several. And they all have to fit their purpose," Summerville explained. "There's a red-carpet outfit to start out with, then there's Christina's performance costume, which we have custom-built by an L.A. leather tailor named Florisse. Then there's another outfit just for sitting in the audience during the awards, maybe another change for doing press interviews after the show. And of course the all-important after-party dress."

And all of them are to be selected just two days before the big VMA dance. At past awards shows, Christina has raised eyebrows and quickened pulses with her barely there outfits, but the self-proclaimed Dirrty girl has no master plan for her VMA grand entrance.

"It depends on what mode I'm in," Aguilera teased. "I'm an artist that everyone knows loves to change characters a lot. I don't like to play it safe. So this time around I might go for something people might not expect. I could come in a nun's outfit ... and that'll be great!"

Amen.

- 50 Cent Or Eminem? 'Queer Eye' Fashion Guy Decides Who's Hotter

It's an epic battle for the ages — teacher against student, friend against friend, brother against brother. Eminem and 50 Cent will go head-to-head in four categories at Thursday night's MTV Video Music Awards.

Only time will tell how each man fares inside the brutal and often bloody VMA ring, but a look at how the two entertainers stack up in other arenas might shed some light on their odds of taking home a Moonman. Since it's often said that clothes make the man, we turned to an expert — "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" fashion maven Carson Kressley — to tell us who's style is award-worthy.

"This is a good look for him," Kressley said while reviewing concert footage of a shirtless Em in red jogging pants, a yellow visor and a headband. "Show me some skin. I love good skin art. ... We've got the sweatband on, which keeps the sweat from dripping in his face. It helps the mascara from running, if you know what I mean. He puts the hip in hip-hop."

"50 Cent, quite a hottie," Kressley said, reviewing the rapper's performance at the 2003 MTV Movie Awards, where the rapper sported a simple white tank top, baggy denim shorts and a bulletproof vest. "He looks like a million dollars — Canadian dollars, but a million dollars."

Kressley said 50's best accessory might not be hanging in his closet. "Does he have a permit for those guns?" the style expert marveled while watching the rapper cavort shirtless onstage. "My god, look at that body! I can't say anything wrong about that. Mmm, chocolate thunder. He's giving me the jungle fever. Take my temperature."

Kressley's winner: 50 Cent by a nose (or perhaps a pec).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Choken One

Or the Waynes Brothers or Jamie Foxx.

They need to realize that just because your black...doesn't mean you are funny like Rock.

Hell...Jeff Foxworthy would be PERFECT for the MTV awards just for the irony of him saying "P. Diddy and 50 cent" in that accent of his...

Guest Sturgis
There's already a thread in the tv section.

Yeah but it belongs here anyways... I think.

Guest Sturgis
There's already a thread in the tv section.

Yeah but it belongs here anyways... I think.

Since Video comes before Music I think it's tv

True, but it was here last year and we should stick with tradition.

I just saw Avril on the pre-show. WOW! She looked really HOT tonight.

I'll watch the show only for Chris Rock's opening monolague, Avril's appearance, and to see if Johnny Cash wins Best Video.

Btw, Cash has already won Best Cinematography In A Video For "Hurt".

Guest Sturgis

I'm suprised Snoop got away with those girls he brought.

Jessica Simpson is looking afully slutty tonight :D

Guest Choken One

I have this sinking feeling 50 goes empty and Em gets pissy...

What celeb will be the highlight? I'm putting my money for Snoop to do something