TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

Wrestling's biggest FLUCK UPS1

Guest Dmann2000
Mean Gene at a summerslam (cant remember which one) when the SummerSlam sign behind him fell and you can hear vince in the background say "niiiice mooove" and Gene respond with "oh fuck it!"

I have the PPV broadcast of SummerSlam 89, and the whole moment happens very fast, I can't recall hearing Vince go "nice move" and as soon as Gene says fuck it" we cut to the crowd and then Jesse has some fun slagging Gene.

I remember reading Lex Luger was drunk the night before WMX at a bar in NYC and told a few guys (who were reporters but told Luger they were fans) he was winning the title the next night. So when the plans were leaked Vince changed the plan to Bret getting the title.

Any truth to that?

I played the HHHonk on a loop for about ten minutes. Classic.

At the Rumble this year, Jericho looked like he got ligitimately pissed off when Tommy Dreamer clocked him with a cane and caused a big knot on his forehead.

Guest Sakura

Mabel returning in 1999. He was put over as this big threat to Mankind and was going to soften up Mick for Rock. The problem is his pants keep falling down. Michael Cole tries his best to sell Mabel as a monster while the guy is like grabbing onto his pants trying to keep them up.

Dean Malenko rolling out of the ring to take a powder two minutes into the Catch-As-Catch-Can match with Kidman...where if you leave the ring, you lose the match.

What PPV was this on?

Oh, and how come nobody mentioned Kane setting "JR' on fire? That was one big fuck up. :cheers:

Dean Malenko rolling out of the ring to take a powder two minutes into the Catch-As-Catch-Can match with Kidman...where if you leave the ring, you lose the match.

What PPV was this on?

Souled Out 2000. Of course everyone forgot about it because of something else that happened on that show that was way more important

Guest ToddRoyal

Lillian announcing Shane and Co. To the ring in '01 and proclaiming the arrival of the "ALLOWANCE"

JR during the Strap match between Rock and HHH- "He just yanked the Rock Off!!!... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... the top rope!!!"

Lance Storm: "And that's about as legitimate as a one legged Donkey!!!... ... ... Cuz y'know, donkeys have four legs..."

And if ANYONE remembers this besides me they are my new best friend- WWF used to have a show called "11 Alive" that aired in syndication at 11 AM (duh) and was basically just Superstars matches in a different order with a different announce crew. --- ANYWAY, one week they played the current week's show--with LAST week's commentary. I watched the whole hour and it was the funniest thing ever. (Wrestler A locks a hammerlock on Wrestler B --comentary: "WHAT A DEADLY MANUEVER- I don't think He'll EVER get up from that!!!) Just Awesome.

And if ANYONE remembers this besides me they are my new best friend- WWF used to have a show called "11 Alive" that aired in syndication at 11 AM (duh) and was basically just Superstars matches in a different order with a different announce crew. --- ANYWAY, one week they played the current week's show--with LAST week's commentary. I watched the whole hour and it was the funniest thing ever. (Wrestler A locks a hammerlock on Wrestler B --comentary: "WHAT A DEADLY MANUEVER- I don't think He'll EVER get up from that!!!) Just Awesome.

Nice to meet you, New Best Friend.

11 Alive was on independent stations that because PAX stations later on. It was hyped as being a hot new show, and just ended up being Shotgun with different announcers, yes, and when they'd do promotional consderations and cut to a static shot of the Titantron, the side curtains were a different color. It sucked, lasted maybe one, two months? I think the last few episodes were just recaps before 11 Alive died.

Guest God Junior

Although not in the same vein as most of the other ones here, WWF trying to get Austin heel heat after his WM X-7 turn by having him beat up Michael Cole was pretty funny.

Did Vince seriously think the fans liked Cole?

What PPV was this on?

Souled Out 2000. Of course everyone forgot about it because of something else that happened on that show that was way more important

Ah, yes. Benoit wins the title. Thanks much.

Guest Coffey

UHG! The PPV that was used to attempt to get Billy Kidman over.

He had three matches. One against Perry Saturn. I believe it was just a normal match. Kidman went over.

The second match was against Dean Malenko. The stipulation was that you weren't allowed to leave the ring. If your feet touched the outside floor, you lost. It was designed so that it would be a wrestling match. Well, Malenko forgot about the stipulation and rolled out of the ring to catch his breath. The match had to be called.

The final match was against a mystery opponent in a cage. The opponent turned out to be the fucking Wall. The crowd was pissed. The match sucked. If I remember correctly, I think the Wall went over...

Damn, that was a failure.

I played the HHHonk on a loop for about ten minutes. Classic.

At the Rumble this year, Jericho looked like he got ligitimately pissed off when Tommy Dreamer clocked him with a cane and caused a big knot on his forehead.

Actually, you can hear Jericho say "AGAIN" and quickly point to his forehead after Dreamer's first shot...so he kind of asked for it.

Well, it looked he like legitimately cracked the kendo stick as hard as he could into Tommy's back right after the headshot.

What PPV was this on?

Ah, yes. Benoit wins the title. Thanks much.

2000WCWPPV.jpg

Off-topic:

2000WCWPPV.jpg

I can't find a copy of the Sid / Benoit match anywhere online... :(

Edited by Rico_Constantino

Sid shitting his pants during an Undertaker tombstone.

I didn't actually see it, but come on. Imagine it. It's hilarious.

JR: "Undertaker has picked up Sid.....and it's the TOMBSTONE !"

*SLAM*

*plop*

"By gawd, what the hell is that smell ?!"

Guest JumpinJackFlash

What is HHHonk? Tell me, damnit! I didn't watch wrestling in 2002.

Oh yeah, and one more. Let's go back to St. Valentine's Day Massacre 99. Ken Shamrock vs. Val Venis. In the match, Ken gets into an argument with his "sister", Ryan, and says "Slap me" as if he was telling her to follow the script or something. Very funny!

Oh yeah, and "Those steel steps must weigh 150 maybe 200 pounds!"

And when Vince threw trashcans into the ring during his match at WM 17. Shane got hit by one, and twitched a bit. Funny!

Guest Dmann2000

What's funny about Shamrock's 'slap me' goof is how intense he is yelling at Ryan and then he quietly says 'slap me', gets slapped and is back 'in the zone'.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
What's funny about Shamrock's 'slap me' goof is how intense he is yelling at Ryan and then he quietly says 'slap me', gets slapped and is back 'in the zone'.
'

Correct! That's what I was looking for. And will anyone tell me about HHHonk?

Oh yeah, Rick Martel getting eliminated in 91 Rumble is a conspiracy, so you may call it a fuckup.

And will anyone tell me about HHHonk?

The HHHonk was right after the Necrophilia skit was shown on Raw.

He was laughing...and he made a honking sound when he laughed.

...funny thing is, that Raw was on my birthday.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
QUOTE (JumpinJackFlash @ Sep 1 2003, 12:43 AM)

And will anyone tell me about HHHonk? 

The HHHonk was right after the Necrophilia skit was shown on Raw.

He was laughing...and he made a honking sound when he laughed.

...funny thing is, that Raw was on my birthday.

Jeez. I wish I saw that.