TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

EA Sports, 1 week until written contracts

Source: Torch Newsletter (PWTorch.com)

For those hoping to see some top TNA superstars sign with WWE, word has it that WWE's last chance to make that reality will be next Wednesday. With TNA's video game deal (rumored to be with EA) supposedly almost complete, and TNA wanting to step up merchandising, most wrestlers were told they'd have to sign one-year merchandise contracts by 9/17. Although they don't all directly apply to wrestling, the general consensus is that failure to sign will mean that the superstar will no longer be used in TNA.

Some midcarders are said to be upset about having to lock into a deal with TNA, as some of the main-eventers already have. However, the backstage response to such frustration is that those stars have no other place to go, so it's not really that big a deal. Plus, many feel that if WWE had any interest, there would already have been negotiations.

Those in favor of the contracts also note that it will finally be some closure on their hopes of making it in WWE. With WWE only having a week to sign these stars, if they do not approach them, the wrestlers will know there was no interest. If they do get approached, the wrestlers will likely sign and appear with WWE soon.

Guys...Def Jam Vendetta. 'Nuff said. It was made by EA Sports and Aki. If EA is smart, they'll be like "yo, Aki, here's a wrestling game for you." And all will be well, as Aki rules.

Radical.

EA is solid to great with all projects...and I enjoyed WCW Mayhem, except for the fact that the best moveset in the game to win with was Nash's...

Still. TNA is growing.

I'd say the 2K series has had Madden's number for the past few years now.

With that said...

clearly you forgot WCW Mayhem

True, along with Backstage Assault. If I were to call EA out on something... I'd use that over Mayhem, which was actually a pretty decent first attempt.

But EA now has their hands on AKI. If EA were smart (as Corey said), they would tap AKI for the TNA game, possibly keeping the exaggerated Big style for Def Jam, and going with a more realistic style for TNA.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

Let's get down to brass tacks here.

TNA wrestlers that I think are currently under a long term deal and therefore will be in the game:

Jarrett

Styles

Raven (those two already have merchandise)

Truth

AMW

Chris Sabin

Trinity

Kid Kash

Jerry Lynn

Now they need to get the more exciting guys like Daniels and Skipper and Low Ki on board.

XXX MUST LIVE!!!!!!!!

Guest abowen33

If AKI makes a TNA game, I'll explode with excitement. I'm erect just thinking about it. :wub:

This is really interesting to me.

For the most part guys are going to sign up for it. There are some that I'm sure want to keep the WWE option open...but most guys (Daniels, D-Lo, Douglas, Slash) I can't see having a second thought about it.

You just know that this is going to screw over somebody though...you just know it.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

the downside is a whole lotta guys may not sign. Not necessarily because they think WWE will take them, but they don't want to be tied to one organization.

I'm talkin midcard guys here, not like Daniels or Lo Ki.

the downside is a whole lotta guys may not sign. Not necessarily because they think WWE will take them, but they don't want to be tied to one organization.

I'm talkin midcard guys here, not like Daniels or Lo Ki.

The only thing it prevents them from doing is going to the WWE.

They can still work any other indy and go overseas.

It's more of a "Non-WWE contract" than anything else.

Guest Trevor567

Here are a few names that WWE is supposedly interested in. Kid Kash, James Mitchell, and Johnny Swinger. This news is courtesy of the Torch VIP section. I believe that Trinity's name was also mentioned somewhere on the Torch site. Prediction, nobody will end up signing with WWE at all, period.

Guest Trevor567

Its been said that Mitchell may not take the WWE offer because he can make more money in his non-wrestling job. In the mean time, he gets his wrestling fix with TNA once a week, as its basically a side job for him.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
The only thing it prevents them from doing is going to the WWE.

They can still work any other indy and go overseas.

oh.

well then anyone who doesn't sign is a fucking idiot.