TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

EA Sports, 1 week until written contracts

Well...I could understand many of their concerns.

There is a pocket of TNA guys who I'm sure are happy to be there to get exposure and work in front of a camera...but there dream is to be a WWE superstar.

The question seems to be whether they want to put that on the backburner for a year...

The other thread like this did say that they'd get medical insurance as a trade off...and I can't stress how HUGE that is for people working for a few hundred bucks a night.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I'll care about the quality of the game when i see it. I'm fairly optimistic, for some reason (maybe the prospect of a CAW so i can finally have WGTT/AMW matches).

So would someone like Sting want to sign the contract, if it's a non-WWE thing? Hypoythetically anyway. Don't like the guy, but he'd be a big name for them in this type of thing.

on the tna game, will there be an legends division? because i would love to see an game where you could play as harley race or the funk brothers under an aki engine. i can just see an rnr express/xxx match now.

I never said TNA turned down EA. Either of them could have turned down each other. Watch it be those cocksuckers at Acclaim get the license. If it is Acclaim they can go suck a dick, because I'm not buying that shit.

Guest abowen33

It doesn't really matter who's publishing it, its all about who's developing!! But since EA is tight with AKI, them not getting it is kinda dissappointing. But remember, AKI made Ultimate Muscle a few months back, published by Bandai, so regardless of who's publishing, we could still get a good developer :prays:

Guest JacK

Wow . . . TNA video game seems rather close.

If EA do it, I hope they have commentry like in EA Sports Cricket '96; that was friggin gold

ie, for the unAustralianated;

"Oh, what a catch by the wicketkeeper"

"Funny, that's exactly what I said when he ran off with your wife."

Pure GOLD! And there were better ones, I just don't remember em, I haven't been able 2 play it in a while.

Well, if AKI's not developing the game, and there isn't a good developer developing the game, then I guess I'll just have to stick to the next Smackdown game (HCTP) just to create TNA wrestlers and waste a lot of space again to the point that I don't have enough space for WWE wrestlers that aren't in Smackdown: HCTP (Molly Holly, Nunzio, Jamie Noble, etc.).

I just hope they have a GOOD developer making it, because I will jump all over that game when its released.

A shame about EA because they have the name power alone to create interest... and I have never played an AKI game, so I can;t comment there.

Just be happy TNA is getting a video game. That's huge exposure for them no matter who makes it...

**cough, cough**ECW Hardcore Revolution, by Acclaim**cough, cough**ECW Anarchy Rulz, by Acclaim**cough, cough**any non-THQ/Aki WCW game**cough, cough**

Unfortunately, with the news of the TNA/EA Sports(which has AKI developing their games) talks falling through, I can just see TNA's first game turning out to be as awful as ECW Hardcore Revolution because Acclaim hasn't developed a wrestling game in a long time, and it seems as though those dumb bastards probably won't stop anytime soon by making another non-WWE wrestling game suck.

Guest wwF1587

if ea and aki team up for TNA like DJV.. this game will OWN... i think this is great news... even if they get a crappy game like wcw did... at least they are starting to get something... if its acclaim then i will just rent it...

I'm guessing Lynn, D'Lo, Raven, etc will sign. XXX, maybe AMW...

The spot-monkeys, I'm not so sure. Mysterio (not that I'm saying he's a spot worker) and RVD have been blazing trails for more little guys in the WWE, and even though it's only midcarder roles, I'm sure guys like Red would rather be held down by HHH for big bucks than be the most over guy in TNA for smaller bucks.

And could you guys stop fucking talking about AKI like they're some kind of gods. Yeesh.

Unless I missed something, we don't know who will make TNA's game yet. But if it somehow ends up being Acclaim the best you can hope for, is for them to create something different than their rehashed WWF/ECW games. As good as AKI is, it doesn't mean another company can't do something equal or better, even Acclaim -- but they'd need to work harder.

Unless I missed something, we don't know who will make TNA's game yet. But if it somehow ends up being Acclaim the best you can hope for, is for them to create something different than their rehashed WWF/ECW games. As good as AKI is, it doesn't mean another company can't do something equal or better, even Acclaim -- but they'd need to work harder.

Well if Acclaim is making the game and actually says it will improve the wrestling game engine, then they'd better work EXTREMELY hard for any of us to forget the shitty engine that is the WWF Warzone/Attitude video game engine, because otherwise, Raven's Evenflow will still be something like left, right, down, tieup.

How would a merchandising deal not allow them to sign to WWE. RVD had a merchandising deal with...acclaim I think...when he signed. Thats why he was in those legends of wrestling games and not in the WWE games the first year.

If the WWE wanted to sign someone bad enough, they would wait out the merchandising contract.

And people talk about AKI like they are gods because they are yet to put out a bad wrestling game, and basically have put out the ONLY good wrestling games. I mean the smackdown series is OKAY, but you would be hard pressed to actually say that it plays better than any of the games with the AKI engine.

Guest Markingout

IF they are signed to a contract they could still work indies right? If not I am going to be pissedddddddd. Meh,all we can hope for is a good game from whoever it is