TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

What DVD set should I get...

My friend was going to get my Angel season 2 for my birthday, but I already got it.

So she said she will get me something else, but I don't know what. What do you think she should get me?

Guest Dmann2000

Well...what are you into?

I myself picked up 24 season 2 today, and when my Best Buy reward zone coupons are mailed I'm getting NYPD Blue Season 2.

The Simpsons: The Complete First Season

The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season

The Simpsons: The Complete Third Season

The Family Guy Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2

The Family Guy Volume 2: Seasons 3 & 4

GOLD.

The Simpsons: The Complete First Season

The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season

The Simpsons: The Complete Third Season

The Family Guy Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2

The Family Guy Volume 2: Seasons 3 & 4

GOLD.

I own 1&2 Simpsons.

Season 3 > Seasons 1+2 combined.

Just disc three is pure greatness.

Radio Bart

Homer Alone

Lisa the Greek

Bart the Lover

Homer at the Bat

Separate Vocations

6 of the best episodes in the show's history, IMO. Season 3 and 4 are the best seasons in the show.

Guest El Satanico

In the TV realm, I suppose you could compare The Sheild to a mix of NYPD Blue or Hill Street Blues and 24.

NYPD or Hill Street for the gritty realistic police stuff with a edge. 24 for the balls to the wall action that keeps you glued to the show from the first episode to the last episode.

EDIT: To answer the topic...The Sheild, 24, Adult Swim originals and Family Guy

Get the Sports Night box set.

It's the ENTIRE series, of the fantastic TV show.

I am going to second this nomination for picking up Sports Night. I love this show and will stay up til 3 in the morning to catch the eps on Comedy Central sometimes.

BTW, I just got new DVD rack and rearranging my collection I realize i am quite the TV junkie.

Simpsons 1,2,3

Buffy 1,2,3,4

Family Guy 1,2

Oz 1,2

Transformer 1

South Park 1,2

Sports Night

Sopranos 2 (1 on VHS)

Futurama 1,2

24 1 (2 coming this week)

I don't think that show got screwed, it was just an oddity. It wasn't the half hour sitcom that the network made it seem and it isn't the kind of show a network is really going to give an hour slot to. If Sorkin had made the West Wing before this, he probably could have gotten it an hour slot to be a comedy/drama.

It wasn't a sitcom by most people's standards because it didn't follow the formula of:

Quirky Mom

Off-beat Kid(s)

Witty Dad

Oddball Neighbor/Relative closeby

It was different in that all of the characters had their own faults and guises that played into whatever situation they were in.

The humor threw a lot of people off. The laughtrack was not used a lot on the show (I've only heard it three times, I think). A lot of the jokes were very dry, and as a result it lost a lot of the viewers who need their humor BEATEN INTO THEIR HEADS. It's not the type of show that says 'HERE IS THE JOKE! DIDN'T GET IT? HERE IT IS AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND WE'LL SUMMARIZE!'

The jokes were written more into the conversation.

I hate to say it this way, but you either get the show, or you don't. Chances are, if it's the people who say that it is one of the stupidest and unfunny shows ever, they didn't get it.

Now the big question is which Sabrina Lloyd is hotter? Sliders, redhead Sabrina or Sports Night dark haired Sabrina?

I'll always go for the redhead.

While I prefer redheads, the Sabrina Lloyd on Sports Night was just so fucking cute, I can't resist her.

Sports Night Sabrina Lloyd is one of my favorite women of all time, and drives me mad just as much as any other woman has.

There was just something about the mix of her look and character on that show...wow.

There was just something about the mix of her look and character on that show...wow.

Well let's see. She is cute as all hell, she loves sports, and she will even fall for a nerd. I can see what about that character is great.