TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

TOAO NFL Week 2 Thread

It seems like the last week just flew by...I love football season.

Here's this week's schedule:

Washington Redskins @ Atlanta Falcons

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers

Tennessee Titans @ Indianapolis Colts

Buffalo Bills @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs

Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

San Francisco 49ers @ St. Louis Rams

Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cincinnati Bengals @ Oakland Raiders

New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles

Denver Broncos @ San Diego Chargers

Sunday Night

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings

Monday Night

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants

................................................................................

Boy, do those night games BLOW. I was just hoping and praying that I'd get the Bears and Cowboys!!!

Anyway...what game is everyone most looking forward to?

After last weeks 31-0 blowout (or Pats blow-up...either way) I thought I'd be more confident going into this week.

But this one's ripe for an upset.

There's the letdown factor...and the heat factor...and the Jags home opener factor, and the Bills haven't been a good road team in years...and it's sandwiched between the high emotion Pats opener and the Sunday Night game with the rival Fins...that may not happen due to hurricane...

This is a game the Bills should win...and will tell more about their team than last week did.

The Pats and the Eagles is a game I can't wait to see. Somebody's going 0-2...and if it's the Eagles they'll have lost both at home! Not good...but fun!

Steelers vs. Chiefs is my pick for game of the week.

Guest El Satanico

I think the Monday Night game will be a better game than most people are expecting.

The Cowboys may still suck, but Parcells will lead them to some surprising wins/good games. I think this is one of the games Parcells will get more than he should be able to get from the Cowboys.

In fact it's my upset pick, because as we know Giants always get at least one surprise loss.

Titans and Colts

Steelers and Chiefs

49ners and Rams...

and of course

Seahawks vs Cardinals...which Seattle will start 2-0 this season.

There's the letdown factor...and the heat factor...and the Jags home opener factor, and the Bills haven't been a good road team in years...and it's sandwiched between the high emotion Pats opener and the Sunday Night game with the rival Fins...that may not happen due to hurricane...

Well, the way things are going now, that hurricane is going north and won't even come close to Miami. Don't have to worry about that cancelling the game or anything. I think.

Anyway, of course the Pats-Eagles is my focus, but that's at 4 so I don't know what I'll watch at 1. It'll be interesting what happens with the crowd if the Eagles don't score on their opening drive.

This a bit off topic but what the FUCK is up with Inside the NFL on HBO not showing the 49er highlights this week? What is the executive producer a a Bears fan? I've never seen that happen before as they always show every game. I always look forward to those NFL Films highlights for the 49ers...when they win.

Okay rant off...damnit I hate when the 49ers have morning games (west coast).

I think we know what will happen if they don't score on the opening drive.

Hell..when they take the field they'll probably be booed for last week.

At first I liked the Eagles in this game (and I know I picked them)...but they've got more pressure on them than the Pats do. Short week and facing losing their first two games...at home.

at least New England is on the road...and given how good the Eagles are and the whole Bills situation...I'd imagine 1-1 would suit them just fine.

I shall be watching the Texans vs Saints game just to see how they react after the huge win against the Dolphins.

Titans vs Colts to see if Dallas Clark is any good and how the double TE set works for Peyton Manning or will we see another multiple INT game. I wonder how Edge will do against the Titans D. Will this be another 9-6 kicker duo or will we see the QBs take controll and run the score up?

Well one of these games will be on in my region, I am sure Texans will since we had the preseason games but the Titans game is questionable.

Would love to see Titans/Colts as I think it will be the best game of the week, instead I'm stuck with the battle of the Browns.

I agree with your Pats-Eagles comment, I picked Philly, but kind of think they'll stink it up again and Pats leave with the win.

I also am interested in the Dolphins-Jets game to see the ramifications it poses for the losing team.

But this one's ripe for an upset...

Oh man, after reading your post I wish I had seen this before making my picks for this week.

And I'm looking forward to the Bears game. My reason? To see a Kordell meltdown on national television...

The people in Jacksonville don't even care about their team considering that they didn't get a sellout and its been blacked out for their area (they get the Dolphins/Jets game instead).

The Ravens should definitely be able to beat the Browns. Whoever loses this game is 0-2, although if the Ravens lose they go 0-2 vs the AFC North which is not good at all.

I doubt the Redskins will beat the falcons, but it wouldn't surprise me I suppose.

Uhh....Looks like I better enjoy every second of this weekend's football action because Next weekend isnt looking too promising up here in New England...

I don't like that picture in your sig Marvin...

Uhh....Looks like I better enjoy every second of this weekend's football action because Next weekend isnt looking too promising up here in New England...

I don't like that picture in your sig Marvin...

You think I like it? They are calling for it to come right up the Chesapeake Bay. I live far enough inland on the Eastern Shore that I wont get evacuated anywhere, but the wind and rain will be nasty here.

And next Sunday Im planning on going to the NASCAR race in Dover, so hopefully Isabel gets the hell out of here quickly.

Guest El Satanico

I'm watching ESPN's pregame show and there's a segment talking to the patriots about milloy.

I have one thing to say.

The players need to shut up with all this "oh woe is us" shit and do their fucking job.

I'm watching ESPN's pregame show and there's a segment talking to the patriots about milloy.

I have one thing to say.

The players need to shut up with all this "oh woe is us" shit and do their fucking job.

I totally agree.

Seymour seems to be the leader of the "Shut up and play football" movement on the Patriots. Unfortunately that means we now have a divided locker room. That alone sets this team up for a miserable failure of a season.

Good thing is we will end up with 2 top 10 draft picks if we suck since Baltimore sucks as well.

I have one thing to say.

This Patriots thing has gone far beyond how bad I think any of us thought it was. They need to grow up or they won't finish ahead of the Jets. Maybe, Bilicheck needs to be fired. I'm not a fan of firing coaches in mid-season, but he appears to have lost this team.

Firing the coach would be retarded.

It isn't HIS fault that Milloy's agent had a deal months ago in which Milloy would go back to play with his other boyfriend in Buffalo. There is no question Milloy wanted off this team after last season because he wasn't satisfied with how he was being used because it exposed him to being one dimentional.

The players need to wake up, or go to other teams.