TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

TOAO NFL Week 2 Thread

As a Patriots fan still stinging from the loss to the Bills in week 1, I'm anxiously awaiting the new power rankings (both here and at the ESPN's of the word). People will be christening the Bills as inevitable Super Bowl Champions.

My prediction: Bills finish no better than 9-7, and only sneak into the playoffs because both the Jets and Dolphins are bad going towards worse.

Whoo hoo bills.

The Falcons loose because Quentin Mccord is a moron that can't run the correct route and they refused to throw down field. Go Panthers Defense...um. Thats all I got.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Who would've thought that the Bengals would only be allowing 109 yds. a game?

It sucks when your teams 0-2 and that Bengals game doesn't look as promising anymore.

My prediction: Bills finish no better than 9-7, and only sneak into the playoffs because both the Jets and Dolphins are bad going towards worse.

Huh? How are the Dolphins "bad going towards worse"? They would have made the playoffs last year & probably have been the AFC East champ had Fiedler not gotten hurt. Granted, they should not have lost to Houston, but I'm fairly confident that was an anomaly for them. They just won at the Jets for the first time in like 5 years.

When you've got Carolina beating TB (yeah, Carolina has a good defense) and Cincy almost beating Oakland, Miami losing to Houston isn't *that* bad.

Miami might end up kicking themselves later in the season for the Houston loss, but to call them "bad going towards worse" after 2 games is a bit much.

And when Miami's defense gels, they will be something really tough to pass against (with Marion, Madison, Knight and Surtain) or run against (with Seau and Thomas).

And I think by the end of this season, people will learn to respect/fear that Caroline defensive line. They are incredible.

Sigh. At first it looked like the Falcons could go 3-1 before Vick got back, but now with Carolina playing well and the Washington loss, they could very well be 1-3.

I said that Miami might be going from bad to worse because of their schedule ... they'll need to have a few game lead in the division heading into December if they want to make the postseason. Plus, I have very little faith in Fiedler as a QB or Wannstedt (spelled wrong, I know) as a coach.

Methinks that Buffalo and New England will be around the 9-7 mark, Miami at 8-8 and the NYJ will be lucky to reach 7 wins.

They just won at the Jets for the first time in like 5 years.

That might have something to do with the Jets having their worst team in like 5 years.

The Chiefs are scary right now. And they don't even have Gonzo healthy, the guy seems to just be a large diversion in the passing game.

The only weakness the Chiefs have is that they haven't faced a really good defense yet. Chiefs-Bills would be a fun game to watch.

They just won at the Jets for the first time in like 5 years.

That might have something to do with the Jets having their worst team in like 5 years.

Hey, the Dolphins have lost to bad Jets teams before. I'll take any win against the Jets I can get.

Plus, I have very little faith in Fiedler as a QB or Wannstedt (spelled wrong, I know) as a coach.

Actaully, it's spelled right. :lol:

Better lucky than good ... if you gave me 5 guesses, I'd have normally gotten it wrong each time. I should take that luck to Vegas.

From ESPN.com:

Jets cornerback Donnie Abraham underwent tests Monday on his injured right shoulder and his status is uncertain for this weekend's game against New England.

Coach Herman Edwards said Abraham had an MRI and CAT scan. Edwards did not know the severity of the injury but said surgery is possible.

Abraham was injured Sunday in the Jets' 21-10 loss to Miami when he tackled Jay Fiedler on the quarterback's touchdown run in the first quarter.

Heh.

This is the week Spiff.

It's coming...Sunday Night!!!

Bring it. You're finally facing a real team.

Guest El Satanico
If Seahawks win against St. Louis (and they should), i guarantee a super bowl contender

should and guarantee are dangerous words in today's NFL.

So thanks to you something bad willl happen to Seattle.

The game is looking good with the turnovers leading up to points. Quincy threw a INT that was returned for TD but later in the quarter he runs one in. Then Tiki Barber fumbles the ball on the 30 yard line which gives the Cowboys a chance to score.

After the 1st tied at 7.

Guest El Satanico

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Cowboys are beating Giants on MNF. 20-7 with two minutes in half.

And damn the Cowboys for making it a good game. I was planning on watching my NWA: TNA tape from 9-11.

Guest El Satanico

After a shaky start Quincy has been picking the Giants apart.

This must be the improved Quincy people were talking about during preseason.

Of course, inconsistent "what the hell are you doing" Quincy could return at any time.