TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Lesnar possibly injured...

From 1Wrestling.com

At the end of the fantastic Brock Lesnar/Kurt Angle match that happened in Richmond tonight, Brock Lesnar seemed to seriously injure his leg, most likely his knee.

After Lesnar defeated Angle, Kurt ran to the back immediately and out came security and a trainer. They took Brock's brace and bandages off his knee and examined his leg.

Brock seemed to not be able to put pressure on that leg at all. He was helped to the back on one leg. The announcer didn't get on the microphone and say the usual "Thanks for coming out". Officials started to take down the ring instantly after the show's ending.

No word on how he acquired this injury or what leg it was.

Update coming later.

UYI

Well, the guy did lift Big Show for the F5 with broken ribs...

There was also a bad knee at the time too, I think. I remember we were all blown away by that, as well as the guy doing a match like normal with blood practically shooting out the back of his head.

Imagine if they decide to pull a last minute swerve and have Benoit fill in for Lesnar?

It'd be McMahon, not Benoit.

uYI

How many table bumps and run ins can they book for 60 minutes?

Imagine if they decide to pull a last minute swerve and have Benoit fill in for Lesnar?

*creams*

*Dies at the thought of Benoit WINNING it all, but then remembers it wouldn't happen....

OR WOULD IT?*

It'd be McMahon, not Benoit.

uYI

How many table bumps and run ins can they book for 60 minutes?

You thought it would be Vince? Bah.

Everyone knows Steph is the REAL draw.

UYI

Guest Mulatto Heat
Well, the guy did lift Big Show for the F5 with broken ribs...

There was also a bad knee at the time too, I think. I remember we were all blown away by that, as well as the guy doing a match like normal with blood practically shooting out the back of his head.

I don't remember a bad knee then but don't worry! Brock's in there with Ric Flair 2K3! It'll still be ***** - for REAL this time!

*creams*

*Dies at the thought of Benoit WINNING it all, but then remembers it wouldn't happen....

OR WOULD IT?*

If there was ever a time....this would be it.

Assuming Angle retains, Benoit or Ultimo would be awesome. Shit, if I were Ultimo, I'd put my job on the line for that spot. "If you aren't a believer after this match, then you might as well let me go" and all that.

Then again, in the less competitive and more corporate realm of the WWE locker room, that would be interpreted as a "morale problem."

Holy shit, I just figured out what will happen~!

At the very begining of the show, Steph will announce that she IS THE GM, and that Brock will not be able to compete for the evening after suffering a serious injury thanks to Kurt Angle. She will say that she has a super-duper replacement for Angle, someone who DESERVES the spot, someone who has worked their way up to grab a match with Kurt, a match for the WWE Championship.

8:55 or so is upon us, and out comes Kurt Angle. Steph's music then hits, and comes and stands in the middle of the ring to say something.

She reveals Brock's replacement to be a returning Zach Gowan~! She says that since Brock is the one that took him out two times before, that ZACH will be getting Brock's place for the evening.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Brock's a company man. I really can't see him sitting this one out unless his leg is COMPLETELY incapacitated.

I mean, he'd have to be in Zach Gowen territory before he would even consider not competing.

If anyone can manage an Iron Man match on one leg, it's Lesnar.

UYI

Why is it that whenever Angle and Lesnar are about to have a highly anticipated matchup (the first time being WrestleMania) one of them has to go and get seriously injured? Why is it that when they are both perfectly healthy they put on a match that can just be called good (SummerSlam). Hey, with their track record this could still shape up to be a new MOTYC. I have strong faith in Brock Lesnar, he hasn't let us down yet.

Brock's a company man. I really can't see him sitting this one out unless his leg is COMPLETELY incapacitated.

I mean, he'd have to be in Zach Gowen territory before he would even consider not competing.

If anyone can manage an Iron Man match on one leg, it's Lesnar.

UYI

*coughzackcoughgowancoughhascoughonecoughlegcoughtoocoughsocoughdon'tcoughjinxcoughus*

Sorry there. Guess I'm a little sick still. Anyways, I really, really hope it's Benoit who replaces him. As I can bet that WWE wouldn't want to risk having Lesnar hurt worse and lose a top player when Smackdown's Main Event roster is quite thin.

Guest Korrosive

If Benoit were to wrestle this match, would they really want him losing one more time to Angle? If Benoit were to wrestle the match and win the world title (ya right) It would be under the exact same circumstances that he won the wcw title. Bret Hart was supposed to fight Sid at a WCW PPV in early 2000, but due to an injury to Bret, Benoit got the match and went on to win the title.

I don't cdoubt Brock would not want to sit this out, but how does the finish factor into it? surely they could rewrite it to favor Angle had Brock been slated to win, but if he's not out for very long and has to tap again to Angle, what the hell can he do to look good? I may be alone here, but I really thought he was walking away with the strap here because he has been buried pretty heavily, but since he may not be able to run with the title because of a nagging injury, should the burial continue?

Kurt backstage: Oh boo-hoo! My leg hurts! Suck it up, Brock, don't be a pussy! I want you out there if you have to have a walking cast put on and you have to hop on one leg down to the ring!