TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Champion Vs. Champion

not sure if this fits the world vs midcard champ category but...

world and ic vs tag team champs

diesel and hbk vs yokozuna and owen hart in that match where whoever scored the pin won the title of the person they pinned. i think it was called a triple crown match

If we count that, then you also got to recognize Austin/Triple-H vs. Kane/Taker from 2001

not sure if this fits the world vs midcard champ category but...

world and ic vs tag team champs

diesel and hbk vs yokozuna and owen hart in that match where whoever scored the pin won the title of the person they pinned. i think it was called a triple crown match

I think that's the match that British Bulldog subbed since Owen's baby was being born (possibly storyline?) and Owen showed up midmatch, got pinned, and the next night the Kliq had to relinquish the tag belts?

I can't remember :(

yeah i think owen and yokozuna had clarence mason as there attorney and he said that the titles couldnt change cause owen got pinned even though he wasnt officially in the match

Seeing with JBL / Mysterio coming up, I wanted to make some additions:

World vs. World

WWF Champion HHH Vs. ECW Champion Tazz - April 18, 2000 edition of SD

World vs. Cruiserweight

Brock Lesnar vs. Matt Hardy - April 8, 2003 edition of SD

Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero - February 17, 2005 edition of SD

World vs. Tag

Batista (with Mysterio) vs. MNM - December 13, 2005 edition of SD

Chris Benoit vs. La Resistance - June 7, 2004 edition of RAW / (with Edge) Bad Blood 04

Kurt Angle vs. MNM - January 24, 2006 edition of SD

Feel free to add.

Is that really the nameplate on JBL's title belt?? That looks like it's made with a sharpie.

WWF Raw in Summer '96:

World Champ HBK & IC Champ Ahmed Vs. Tag Champs Smokin' Gunns

WWF early fall '01

smackdown - IC Champ Edge Vs. US Champ Kanyon (kanyon went over)

raw - light hvy champ x-pac vs. cruiserweight champ kidman (x-pac goes over)

Test/Edge at SS

Is that really the nameplate on JBL's title belt?? That looks like it's made with a sharpie.

I'm thinking they probably used a photo that still had Benoit's nameplate on it, somebody realized it and they quickly altered it. Which makes no sense seeing as how they have promotional pics of JBL with the correct nameplate on on the title. I'll just attribute it to sloppiness in that case.

Not sure if it was televised but: European vs Intercontinental - D'Lo Brown d. Jeff Jarrett

To add to the thread:

I remember a few nothing matches on Raw & Smackdown that had the WWE vs Cruiserweight champs facing eath other, namely Matt Hardy vs Brock Lesnar or John Cena vs Chavo Guerrero.

I remember a match in ECW circa 95 with 2 Cold Scorpio, the TV Champ, defending against Rocco Rock, the Tag Champ. If Scorpio won, he and a partner of his choice would be the new tag champs.

Guest jm29195

WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero vs Cruiser Champion Chavo Guerrero with Angle as guest ref on the SD after No Way Out 2004

IC Champion Jeff Jarrett vs European Champion DLo Brown on Rebellion 99

X Division Champion Jerry Lynn vs NWA Champion Ron Killings in TNA Decemberish 2002

IC Champ RVD vs Hardcore Champ Tommy Dreamer in a unification match on Raw in 2002

IC Champ RVD vs Euro Champ Jeff Hardy in a unification match on Raw in 2002

And I'm sure a few champion vs champion matches must have occured when Scott Hall went on a title grabbing rampage in WCW in late 99...

Rhyno actually won it from Tommy Dreamer, who finally got the belt... and promptly lost it the same night.

Diesel (world) and Shawn (IC) vs Own and Yoko (tag) should count. EDIT: already mentioned.

So should the Rock vs. The Dudleys handicap, I believe it was world vs tag titles (no belts on the line)

Lance Storm certainly has a few in WCW, since he was US, TV, and Hardcore title all at once, I believe.

I'm not even going to try to look up all the unification matches in Japan, the Triple Crown had to come from somewhere. And Ultimo Dragon won the WCW cruiser belt to briefly have a ridiculous 9 belts, I believe.

EDIT: Actually, he had three belts, two of which were Cruiser and Hardcore for sure. I think the third was US, as the TV title was defunct at the time.

Rhyno did not win the ECW Title from Dreamer, that was Justin Credible.

The Rock Vs. The Dudley Boyz *WAS* for the WCW World Title, as Charles Robinson even tried to award the WCW title to the Dudleys (bullshit Alliance cheating) before a WWF referee stepped in to right things.

Storm's would be:

US Champ Storm Vs. Cruiser Lt. Loco

US/Cruiser Storm Vs. Hardcore Big Vito

US/Cruiser/Hardcore Storm Vs. World Booker T.

Technically, "Two Dudes With Attitudes" against Camp Cornette (the World, IC, and Tag Titles) doesn't count, since the next night on Raw the match was officially deemed a non tag-title match.

Sting vs Flair(World/World)

Edge v Test (US/IC)

Tag title match from same event

X-Pac v Kidman (LHW/CW)

Koloff vs Flair (US/World)

Dusty vs Flair (TV/World)

Hardy vs RVD (Euro death match/IC)

RVD vs Triple H (IC death match/World)

Dreamer(?) vs RVD (HC death match/IC)

Every early NWA world title match was a unify title match

UWF v NWA unify matches from a clash in 88.

World Vs. IC

Triple H Vs. Chris Jericho - October 4, 2004 edition of RAW

John Cena Vs. Carlito Cool - July 25, 2005 / August 1, 2005 editions of RAW

World Vs. US

Scott Steiner Vs. Jeff Jarrett - June 19, 2000 edition of Nitro

World Vs. Tag

Bret Hart (with Bill Goldberg) Vs. Creative Control - November 22, 1999 edition of Nitro

Cruiserweight Vs. Tag

Rey Mysterio (with Billy Kidman) Vs. Benoit and Malenko - March 29, 1999 edition of Nitro

Rey Mysterio Vs. Billy Kidman - Spring Stampede 1999

Rey Mysterio (with Billy Kidman) Vs. TWGTT - Vengeance 2003

Tag Vs. Tag

Rey Mysterio Vs. Billy Kidman - Stampede '99 as well

APA Vs. O'Haire and Palumbo - Invasion

The Undertaker and Kane Vs. DDP and Kanyon - SummerSlam 2001

The Hardys Vs. The Dudleys - SSeries 2001

Eddie Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio - WM 21

Batista (with Rey Mysterio) Vs. The Big Show and Kane - Armageddon 2005

Guest Heel Heat

Tazz vs. HHH, when Tazz returned to ECW for a minute to win the title. I think this was on Smackdown.

The Rock (Undisputed Champion) vs. Chris Benoit (IC Champion) on the August 13, 2002 edition of Smackdown.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but at King of the Ring '98, the New Age Outlaws vs New Midnight Express (Bart Gunn and Bob Holly), was WWF World Tag Team Champions vs NWA World Tag Team Champions (though only the Outlaws' belts were on the line).

Did the announcers acknowledge much of the "history" between the Gunns for that one? I only remember Billy & Bart having a staredown as a bit of a nod to older fans.

Yes, "that was Credible" meaning Credible went over Dreamer who went over TazZ in the same night.

Wow, this is a clear case of misremembering things. I SWEAR Rhyno was the one to end Dreamer's one minute reign, but I am apparently very wrong. Weird.