And your winners (or losers in this case) are:

5) Quake II

4) Daikatana

3) Enter The Matrix

2) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

1) Black & White

Guest Agent of Oblivion

wtf is black and white?

Also, on the point about combos in fighting games, didn't SF2 predate MK by a substantial amount of time? There's combos all over that mofo.

Guest hhheld_down

enter the matrix should be number 1.. that sold soo many copies just cause of the name, i rented it and it was absolute crap... one of the worst games i have ever played..

Guest Sakura
Also, on the point about combos in fighting games, didn't SF2 predate MK by a substantial amount of time? There's combos all over that mofo.

Yes, but there's no juggle combos, which is what I was talking about.

There's combos, but there's not juggles. If you hit someone while they're in the air, the attack just goes through them. It's pretty hard to go back after playing modern fighters, because I'm always expecting to be able to juggle them and you never can. MK was the first game to have any sort of juggle system.

wtf is black and white?

It's a game where you are a "God" and have to build up villages and spread your influence. To help you, you get a Creature that you have to train and feed and show how to perform "Miracles" (rain, creating food and wood for the villagers).

Anyway, the whole point was that you could either be good and merciful (helping your followers, playing with your Creature) or ruthless and bloodthirsty (Burning down villages, slapping around your Creature so he becomes angry and crushes villages for you.

I know all this because I paid $20 for it a year ago, and I really haven't played it much because it's so damn BORING.

While we're on the subject of video games, Flik, what's the name of the game your Avatar character is in? I can't remember...

My new avatar is Felicia of Darkstalkers.

I'd say Darkstalkers was an underrated game. It was a very good fighter.

But my asking of the list is:

Where is FF8?

Where is GTA:VC?

Where is the original SD?

Where is RAW?

Where is Beyond the Beyond?

Where the fuck are a lot of games that deserved to be on this listing as well?

While we're on the subject of video games, Flik, what's the name of the game your Avatar character is in? I can't remember...

My new avatar is Felicia of Darkstalkers.

I'd say Darkstalkers was an underrated game. It was a very good fighter.

But my asking of the list is:

Where is FF8?

Where is GTA:VC?

Where is the original SD?

Where is RAW?

Where is Beyond the Beyond?

Where the fuck are a lot of games that deserved to be on this listing as well?

I would say that Felicia and Morgana(I think that was her name) were hot for video game characters, but I wouldn't call Darkstalkers that good of a fighting game.

I enjoyed both previously mentioned characters (along with that pharoh guy and the cactus dude) more in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Guest Flyboy
..and of course, GTA VC isn't even on there.

That's a shame considering how overrated it really is.

Guest NCJ

Night Warriors/Darkstalkers 3 kicks major ass.

Halo is not overated. Only people who are used to playing PC shooters think it is. Even Gamespy's main complaints against it are pointless. They were complaining about not having mouse and keyboard abilities, but it is a console game. Your suppose to play with a controller, and Halo has the best controls of any console FPS. They also complained about no internet support, but no console had internet support at the time other than Saturn and Dreamcast. Finally they said he Master Chief didn't turn fast enough. He is in a suit of armor he ain't suppose to be able to turn on a dime.

I agree with most of their list, but I would have put FFVII in the top five, made Daikatana number one, left Halo and Battletoads off, and added GTA, Jet Grind Radio, and The GC Legend of Zelda.

That GC Zelda game was pretty hot and I don't even like Zelda.

I wonder...if they put the ability to kill hookers in Superman 64 would it be called a great game....

*wonders*

enter the matrix should be number 1.. that sold soo many copies just cause of the name, i rented it and it was absolute crap... one of the worst games i have ever played..

What??? I've never had so much fun as I did playing Enter the Matrix. It's a very addictive game and quite fun.

I don't think Halo is overrated because of the controls. I just got bored with it and just didn't see the big deal, but then again I tend to get bored with most video games unless they're extremely fun and this game just didn't strike me as fun as everyone made it out to be.

Night Warriors/Darkstalkers 3 kicks major ass.

I agree with most of their list, but I would have put FFVII in the top five, made Daikatana number one, left Halo and Battletoads off, and added GTA, Jet Grind Radio, and The GC Legend of Zelda.

Shit. I meant to say Darkstalkers 3, not the original. Where the fuck was my head at?

As for the Halo comments, I've only played Halo a little, so I'm not a fair one to say whether or not it was overrated.

FF7 top 5? Um, no. That should be reserved for FF8, as I've mentioned before. FF7 shouldn't be near the top 10 that THEY have. However, if you rank it up, it should be in the top 10 (if you were to make one that actually makes some sense).

Daikatana #1 is a safe thing to say. Black & White probably should be where Daikatana is. As I heard more on Daikatana then I had on Black & White.

Battletoads is iffy. It was overrated, but then again, it was also a really insanely difficult game that was just utter crap.

As for JGR, eh... It's not THAT hyped up. I don't think it would crack a top 25 list.

As for Wind Waker, it wasn't hyped up. It was Zelda Gaiden that Nintendo then decided to pull the plug on and destroy us being able to play as Link as an adult. However, I've always wanted to play as Link from the cartoon series. He's cool.

They focused way too much on the last couple of years on that list. How does Blinx the Timesweeper make the list? It was disappointing, yes, but it was never considered a great game by that many people. Metal Gear Solid 2 is too good a game to be ranked 2, maybe closer up in the late teens early 20s just because the reviews were amazing while the game was good. I don't know if I'd go that high with Black and White either.

Guest Mikey2Dope

Just because a game sells well doesn't make it overrated. It wasn't overrated at all. It was shit on by almost every game critic and gamers were pretty divided on in.

This list is terrible. MGS2 at the number 2 spot? FFVII at the number 7 spot? Donkey Kong Country? Those games, while hyped, I'd say lived up to whatever hype they recieved at the time of their release.

I have to agree that GTA 3 or Vice City definately needed to be on this list, but it's still a media darling. Once True Crime is released, if it adds up like I think it will, most people will start to realize GTA is overrated.

This list is terrible. MGS2 at the number 2 spot? FFVII at the number 7 spot? Donkey Kong Country? Those games, while hyped, I'd say lived up to whatever hype they recieved at the time of their release.

I have to agree that GTA 3 or Vice City definately needed to be on this list, but it's still a media darling. Once True Crime is released, if it adds up like I think it will, most people will start to realize GTA is overrated.

MGS 1 was great. MGS 2 had neat gameplay, but the story blew.

Why does everyone hate GTA:VC?  I don't understand.

Basically it's GTA3 just set in Miami in the 70s, but now with motorcycles.

It was actually set in the 80s.

Either way, I don't think it's as bad or overrated, as some of these guys are making it out to be.

Why does everyone hate GTA:VC?  I don't understand.

Basically it's GTA3 just set in Miami in the 70s, but now with motorcycles.

It was actually set in the 80s.

Either way, I don't think it's as bad or overrated, as some of these guys are making it out to be.

I'm not saying it's bad, but really it was GTA3 + stuff.

And sorry about making a mistake on the decade it's set in. I haven't played it in ages.

I don't think Rockstar's intention was to reinvent GTA3 with VC, it was just to put it in a different setting and make improvements and additions that they couldn't in GTA3.

Guest MikeSC
And your winners (or losers in this case) are:

5) Quake II

4) Daikatana

3) Enter The Matrix

2) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

1) Black & White

Umm, when the heck was Daikatana EVER overrated? The most common comment made about it when it was released was "All that time and money --- for THIS?" It was viewed as being pretty much pure crap when it was released.

And no Xenogears/Xenosaga? I enjoy a good RPG as much as anybody, but I don't want a game where about half of the "playtime" is movies (which is why I FULLY support MGS 2 being on the list).

I never much cared for Quake II. Seems like the programmers just had a fixation with the color brown in that game.

-=Mike

And no Xenogears/Xenosaga? I enjoy a good RPG as much as anybody, but I don't want a game where about half of the "playtime" is movies (which is why I FULLY support MGS 2 being on the list).

See, that's just you. Xenogears belongs on the most underrated list. Now that's a game that came out with no hype at all. Even the mags that gave it good reviews didn't treat it as anything special. The only reason it's so popular now is through word of mouth.

Anyway, Battletoads????? What a bunch of idiots. How could a game everybody loves be overrated? Might as well put Mario Kart on it.

FF7 is okay since it was everywhere, on all the magazine covers, and every time you turned on the TV you saw it. A lot of people were disappointed in it. Not me, I liked it, but I could understand it being high. FF8 wasnt hyped anywhere close to that.