TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

25 most overrated games of all time

Guest Sakura
Oh maybe it was the fact that you were saying that the fact that the other pads are better is a fact and not an opinion and also saying anyone who bought the game for Link isn't a "real" gamer as if there's some sort of rite of passage one must go through before they can play video games for "real".

When did I say either?

Go back and look at the conversations and your whole attitude. You got the most high and mighty air of anybody I've ever seen. The way you acted during that whole thing was what prompted me to say I wanted to strangle you with a GC controller cord in NHB.

Guest Sakura

I read it. Don't see it. I'm going to assume you just can't handle someone not loving Link until you provide some actual examples.

As was pointed out, DVD Spree was the one who brought up being a "real gamer" about US.

I said I didn't suck at MKDA and you freaked out and started going on about how I claim to have "mad skills" in SC II.

My hate on the GC pad is based on facts. It is a fact the Dpad is small. How can you possibly dispute that? It is a fact that the A button is large. You cannot argue that. If you like small dpads and huge buttons that's your deal, I never said otherwise.

What I see in the thread is you going nuts and getting furious over KOR and myself saying we don't like Link or the GC pad and then actually providing reasons based on fact instead of "I just got used to it" or "It's not bad".

While I don't agree with Sakura I don't remember Sakura being rude or high and mighty in the SCII thread. I remember EricMM and someone else being a little rude, but Sakura was just fine, but got jumped on.

"While I don't agree with Sakura I don't remember Sakura being rude or high and mighty in the SCII thread."

Yeah, I agree. Not in the SCII thread. *rimshot*

I've said it before--the GC controller isn't a fighting pad. If you have to get the GC version, then they have controller adapters for PS2 controllers. Although you'd have to buy the controller if you don't already have a PS2.

I read it. Don't see it. I'm going to assume you just can't handle someone not loving Link until you provide some actual examples.

As was pointed out, DVD Spree was the one who brought up being a "real gamer" about US.

I said I didn't suck at MKDA and you freaked out and started going on about how I claim to have "mad skills" in SC II.

My hate on the GC pad is based on facts. It is a fact the Dpad is small. How can you possibly dispute that? It is a fact that the A button is large. You cannot argue that. If you like small dpads and huge buttons that's your deal, I never said otherwise.

What I see in the thread is you going nuts and getting furious over KOR and myself saying we don't like Link or the  GC pad and then actually providing reasons based on fact instead of "I just got used to it" or "It's not bad".

No you had to jump in and make a snide comment about people buying the game just for Link. It annoyed the hell out of you that people weren't buying the game on PS2. And it wasn't just the SCII thread. I made a thread before SCII came out way back before summer even and you provided plenty of bitchiness then to.

Look I'm not going to pull any punches...I'll be a downright asshole about it. I don't like you one bit Sakura. So get used to it.

Guest Sakura
No you had to jump in and make a snide comment about people buying the game just for Link. It annoyed the hell out of you that people weren't buying the game on PS2.

Hahahaha. WTF!? You're like delusional. What in the world are you talking about? I said nothing of the sort. Quote this "snide remark" and where I got pissed people weren't wanting the PS2 version. Do a search for the thread and post my exact quotes.

Here are my EXACT words.

"PS2. Best controller, best novelty character."

Then later I said..

"Heihachi is the best novelty character. Atleast he's from a Namco fighting game series. Link isn't evenproportioned right. He looks absurd. It's like Gon all over."

And at that point you started ranting and raving.

Anyone who reads the thread can clearly see I was just posting on topic and it was YOU who could not accept that someone wants the PS2 port.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The link character in SC II is wretched. No good combos. He's all about being cheap.

16) Mortal Kombat - i hate arcade beat em ups in gennereal, i never got wy people are so into thes

Since when is MK a 'beat-em up'?

well what is it ? a tactic war simulation ?

A hack-'em-up.

16) Mortal Kombat - i hate arcade beat em ups in gennereal, i never got wy people are so into thes

Since when is MK a 'beat-em up'?

well what is it ? a tactic war simulation ?

A hack-'em-up.

A backbackdownupupholdblockpunchpunchpunchblockupdown-em up

Well, to me:

Beat 'em up = side-scrolling game where you control a character through a level while defeating relatively weak thugs and such, perhaps facing a boss at the end of the level.

So, Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and for more modern examples, Fighting Force and Dynamite Cop.

MK is a fighting game. Quite a different genre, because generally it's fighting one on one between guys of the same (roughly) strength on sets of backgrounds of limited size instead of one long level.

Well, to me:

Beat 'em up = side-scrolling game where you control a character through a level while defeating relatively weak thugs and such, perhaps facing a boss at the end of the level.

So, Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and for more modern examples, Fighting Force and Dynamite Cop.

MK is a fighting game. Quite a different genre, because generally it's fighting one on one between guys of the same (roughly) strength on sets of backgrounds of limited size instead of one long level.

Andrew pretty much summed it up there.

I'm a casual gamer.

So let me ask you diehards a question - do you generally piss on games with a lot of cinema or CGI movies in them?

Cause frankly, I'll buy a game - like MS2 - for those things.

I WANT the pretty pictures.

I'm a casual gamer.

So let me ask you diehards a question - do you generally piss on games with a lot of cinema or CGI movies in them?

Cause frankly, I'll buy a game - like MS2 - for those things.

I WANT the pretty pictures.

That depends if it is a good game otherwise, and the ratio of cinemas to gameplay time.

I can't fathom buying games for the cinemas and not the gameplay. I know there are some, but I can't relate.

It's icing on the cake, but if there's no cake, I won't eat it.

Guest Sakura

Assuming the cutscenes are good, no. I think they rule. I like cutscene heavy games.

Yeah, me too, as long as there's good gameplay. You do still need good gameplay underneath all the gloss though, no matter how good the cutscenes are. Without gameplay it's just a movie.

Yeah, me too, as long as there's good gameplay. You do still need good gameplay underneath all the gloss though, no matter how good the cutscenes are. Without gameplay it's just a movie.

*COUGHxenosagaCOUGHepisodeCOUGHoneCOUGH*

Sorry.... Bad cough.

Guest wildpegasus
Chrono Trigger is way too short and way too easy for me to consider it the best RPG of all time.

WP-Play with low levels. I always do this when playing RPGs the first time through and it just makes the game a more enjoyable experience as I find the extra challenge adds to the game. Some of my hardest RPG fights of all time were from Chrono Trigger.

If you were underleveled in Chrono Trigger, you will have some nasty battles.

Personally, I find the thing with nowaday games is that I pick a spot and if it's a good area, battle quite a few battles, just for the hell of it.

No rhyme or reason. It's like inbetween show segments or something. Just to kill time.

With newer generation systems and games, you do that and you don't really realize that you are doing it.

If you can go play a game again, and still enjoy it despite it not being as techie as newer games, its not over rated. FF7 still holds its own. Halo never will.

:huh:

Halo is pratically in my X-Box at least once a week, and if not more times than enough simply because the challenge is there.

Get four buddies who are really good at the Multiplayer, and Deathmatch makes Bond look bad.

Guest Stunt Granny

I'd put Golden Eye for N64 on that list. Game was alright but I never pooed my pants with excitment while playing it like others seem to have.

... No it didn't.

It didn't do anything for game making. Four player gaming was already big, with Mario Kart and Starfox being extremely popular. If any game popularized four player and helped sell N64s, it was Mario Kart. FPS games were popularized with Doom, and Quake and Duke 3D already had multiplayer way beyond anything in Goldeneye. I didn't even think Goldeneye was particularly good in 1997, and it certainly wasn't innovative.

4 player games weren't big on consoles, and Mario Kart isn't highly addictive as GoldenEye was first out. FPS shooters was never big on consoles, and GoldenEye changed that. Now it seems almost every system needs a big launch for FPS.

Mario Kart sold something like four million copies, and came out first quarter 97, about six months before Goldeneye. It was Mario Kart's popularity that got Nintendo so focused on making everything four player. And FPS games still aren't big on consoles. After Goldeneye, the only FPS games that have really made a big impact on consoles are Perfect Dark and Halo. Two games in five years is hardly changing game making forever. PS2 launched without a major FPS, and seems to be doing just fine.

Yeah, me too, as long as there's good gameplay.  You do still need good gameplay underneath all the gloss though, no matter how good the cutscenes are.  Without gameplay it's just a movie.

*COUGHxenosagaCOUGHepisodeCOUGHoneCOUGH*

Sorry.... Bad cough.

Ya'll don't need to be timid or meek, my brutha, SHOUT IT OUT LOUD and TESTIFY!!