TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

The One and Only Smackdown! Thread

Guest Fook

From wwe.com:

60-MINUTE WWE IRONMAN MATCH; TAG TEAM TITLES ON THE LINE

Sept. 18, 2003

This week on SmackDown!, Kurt Angle will defend his WWE Championship against Brock Lesnar. However, this won't be just any match. This will be a 60-minute WWE Ironman Match. The rules are simple -- the man to score the most decisions in a matter of 60 minutes will be declared the winner. If this match is anything like the WWE Ironman Match between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XII, then fans watching will be in for an amazing match.

The WWE Championship isn't the only title on the line this week. Chavo Guerrero, fresh off his return to SmackDown! just last week, reportedly went straight to General Manager Stephanie McMahon's office and requested a Tag Team Title Match. Stephanie granted Chavo's request, and this week on SmackDown!, it'll be the reunited Los Guerreros challenging the Self-Proclaimed World's Greatest Tag Team. This match was originally scheduled to go down last May at Judgment Day, but Chavo tore his biceps just days before the event. Now, he'll finally get the opportunity to win the WWE Tag Team Championship with his uncle Eddie, who, by the way, is already the U.S. Champion.

Also, Shaniqua will battle not one but two WWE Divas, when she squares off against Nidia and the ever-sexy Torrie Wilson.

In tag team action, Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio teams with Chris Benoit to take on Rhyno and Tajiri.

Plus, John Cena, Mr. McMahon, the Undertaker, Sable and more, tonight at 8/7 CT on UPN.

NOTE: SmackDown! will not be seen at its normal time this week on WXSP in Grand Rapids, Mich. Instead, catch it beginning at 10 p.m. on Saturday (Sept. 20).

I am very hyped. I just fear that I caught some spoilers on this board unintentionally. Basically with the news of Angle's sister dying followed by "and Spoilers for SD", I can pretty much put two and two together, but I guess we'll have to see.

Guest Boo_Bradley
I have heard that it was put together quite well, but who knows as far as tv goes i guess. I'm still hyped since this show looks like it's going all "spirit of competition", like during the SD6 era.

Bret/Shawn is considered ***** by some, while others see it as a ** 60 min arm lock

I have heard that it was put together quite well, but who knows as far as tv goes i guess. I'm still hyped since this show looks like it's going all "spirit of competition", like during the SD6 era.

Bret/Shawn is considered ***** by some, while others see it as a ** 60 min arm lock

Its not as bad as two ** but the HHH-Rock Iron Man match blows it out of the water in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to tonight's Smackdown. I like Lesnar and Angle as well as almost everyone else listed in the preview (almost = everyone without a McMahon or Sable in their name). VCR is set and ready to go.

I can't fucking wait for Smackdown...it has potential to be one of the best WWE shows...EVER.

I think the Ironman will rock because of the commercials. They can edit the match evenly enough so the commercials flow with the stalling and the bad parts.

I liked Hart/HBK, but you REALLY have to be a wrestling fan to appreciate it...while Rock/HHH was more for any wrestling fan, but it had the bullshit at the end of it (even though Taker's return was great).

See, i think the ending of the Rock vs. HHH Iron Man was great......and awesome, awesome return of the Undertaker, A nice asswhipping by Taker, A screwjob by HBK because he had no choice, all very logical and entertaining...I loved it

I am very hyped. I just fear that I caught some spoilers on this board unintentionally. Basically with the news of Angle's sister dying followed by "and Spoilers for SD", I can pretty much put two and two together, but I guess we'll have to see.

His sister's death occured before the string of shows. The thread was basically there to hail Kurt Angle for working the week despite his family emergency (Monday and Tuesday taping).

The person who posted the thread ALSO posted the spoilers for the show, but edited it after seeing the "Smackdown Spoilers" thread was already up.

This is the first time in a long, long, long time that I have looked forward to a Smackdown show so much that I have actually planned out a little "party". Food, drinks, friends...

I wonder if the ratings will go down because of the down power in the eastcoast.

Also, doesn't Dean Rasmussen live in Virginia? If so..will we get a show report from him?

You know, I think Smackdown is a shit load better then it was last year. Sure, you had the Smackdown Six with great matches every week, but now it's a lot more of a mix:

Benoit, Angle, Lesnar, Taker (yes, Taker), Eddie G., Chavo G., Tajiri, Rhyno, Rey, TWGTT, Matt Hardy...

I'm sure more.

Edit: Duh...Cena.

I wonder if the ratings will go down because of the down power in the eastcoast.

If the grids are down, the Nielsen ratings will be re-adjusted to cover for the lost markets, as exampled by the blackout show last month.