Sign in to follow this  
razazteca

Indy Shows

Do you go to indy shows on regular basis  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go to indy shows on regular basis

• Yes
    • No

I just got back from an indy Lucha Libre show. Even though the show was well far below what I see in AAA tv, I had to support it. Now there was no workrate or any of the smarky qualities you would expect but you know what the crowd was hot so it really did not matter, the show was very entertaining.

The most over person on the show was the Rudo ref. The man had the crowd eating out of his hand 3 minutes into the 1st match by overlooking the classic FOUL kick to the "huevos" as they say here. Add a few ref bumps, some Technico beatdowns, and mic work, the man was on fire.

I try to go to all of the wrestling shows that come to town, hell we are lucky to have 3 shows a year from various groups. So far I have seen the group which is lead by Rudy Gonzales (Extreme Texas Wrestling) the old Shawn Michaels group (TWA) and now this indy Lucha group (Slams Wrestling Confederation Lucha Libre). Recently the SWCLL has been doing biweekly shows in mexico but nobody wanted to go so I only seen 2 shows of theirs.

If I would use the ***** scale to rate the SWCLL show I went to I would rate it ** on workrate but **** for crowd reaction.

The kids went crazy for Spiderman & Hulk in cheesy holloween costumes. The team also did some sweet highspots to keep me happy. The was also a Eddie Guerrero clone so how can I complain about the main event?

If I could I would go to every wrestling show that I could but there are just not that many around here. I wish I could go to other Mexican cities like Monterray on a regular basis but I can't trust anybody here.

Guest Iron Nick

I live near Montreal so there's a lot of indy feds just near me. Some of those (especially the ones in church basement) doesn't interest me, so I don't bother going to their show. I often go to NCW, a cool indy fed. There's a lot of stuff (Brawling, Technical, High Flying) and really good workers. At normal shows the crowd is sometimes pretty low and the crowd is fucking dead, but there is always some guys (like me) who makes all the heat through the show. At the big shows, the crowd is bigger, and always hotter.

I wish I could go to IWS but I'm not 18.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I live in NY, so if there is a wrestling show in the Tri-State area I'm usually there. Shows I usually go to are ROH, CZW, USA PRO (I know I love the torture of 5 hours of bad wrestling), ICW (when they are open), Jersey All Pro Wrestling, went to 3PW twice, and I went to MLW for War Games last week. Shows range from awesome to great to really bad. I don't mind because when you go with a group of friends, you tend to have a good time regardless.

Guest macheteofodin

I said no, but I'd like to. So far this year I've gone to 3 indy shows. That's quite an improvement concidering I went to only one wrestling show before this year. One was ok (a REALLY Indy show from a group called XWA), one was great (IWS - "Scarred 4 Life") and one was mind blowingly amazing (IWS - "UnF'nSanctioned").

Guest ChaosTheory

I try to get to all the BIG NWA-Wildside shows and an occassional small one when I have time. Unfortunately I don't have much time.

I am planning on going to the "Fright Night" show on Oct 25th featuring AJ Styles.

No one ever takes me to indie shows, no matter how much I bitch or moan.

You have options:

1. Get a car

2. Take a bus

3. Hitchhike

4. Taxi

5. Walk

What else do you expect from the Name Dropper El Grande? I mean, geez, just because I sat around bullshitting with Ricky Morton last night doesn't mean that you guys have to treat me like someone who constantly uses other people's names to get themselves over, because Bill Behrens told me that I'm not like that.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

I used to goto as many MCW(Maryland Championship Wrestling)n shows as possible before they closed down. They were the ROH/IWA:Mid South of Maryland, and they ALWAYS put on a good show.

MEWF on the other hand...sucks.

JAPW-

Funker beat Homicide

Snow beat Raven

USA Pro-

--USA Pro Wrestling from last night in Queens, NY: Boogalou & Lo Ryda & Eddie Guapo b Trailer Park Trash & Nuke & ?, Jav b James Newblood, Deranged b Xavier, Mike Tobin & Tony Lo b Nick Noxiuos & Pro, E.C. Negro & K.C. Blade won three-way over Papadon & Havok and Christopher Street Connection, Jimmy Hustler won elimination match, Mike Kruel b Matt Striker (not Ohio guy), Masked Maniac b Ken Sweeney, Skinhead Ivan b Anthony Michaels, D-Lo Brown b Simon Diamond, Grim Reefer b Sonjay Dutt, Louis Ramos b Motivator, C.M. Punk b Homicide, Billy Reil b Slyk Wagner Brown to win USA Pro US title, Mikey Whipwreck & Wayne b Johnny Ova & Dan Barry to keep tag titles, Raven b Balls Mahoney, Al Snow b Sabu (Sabu's left arm was in a heavy cast and was useless during the match). It was one of those 5 1/2 hour marathon events the promotion is (in)famous for. What is listed as the final show ever at the Elks Lodge, although I could swear I've written that a dozen times over the past two years, is scheduled for 11/29 with Raven vs. Snow as the main event. (thanks to Ray Duffy)

Edited by bob_barron

I go to wrestling shows around here in the Niagara Area, most of the time to NSPW, which has some great wrestling talent, and some actually made a few matches either in WWE or in NWA. Sinn is in NWA recently, and Tyson Dux is a lifetime jobber for the WWE. Derek Wylde has made some appearances in NWA, and recently "Showtime" Eric Young made an apperance in NWA, which many of you thought he was bad, and i'll admit, he wasn't that great either.

Actually funny, and true story to. Talking to Showtime after the last NSPW event, he told me that he punched the guy who cut Raven hair.