TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

How are they flukes? The Cubs are where they are because of their pitching and taking out the best team in ALL of baseball and the Marlins are here because they've been the best team since May and took out the second best team in baseball. Not to take anything away from the other series, but give them some credit. These supposed flukes didn't BUY their spots.

Damn, Pudge swung at a bad pitch to pop out to first and Lee just got outmatched in his first at bat. Missed opportunity #1, hope it doesn't come back to bite in the ass.

I do. :D

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Yeah these two teams aren't flukes, I thought Maddux would overcome Prior...if Prior and Wood are on in this series like the last one, and Prior has been just been nasty after the break, so I don't see why he wouldn't be. But if they are on, then the Cubs may take the D-Backs way to the title.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Ouch, Cubs grab a 1-0 lead. I want to root for the Cubs, but Dusty Baker and the media make it very hard for me.

Guest Anglesault
How are they flukes?

Hey, I'm just saying, Yankees/Sox will draw more attention than the two teams that basically no one had even making the play offs.

Joking!

These supposed flukes didn't BUY their spots.

Excuse me?

Guest Bobby Cox is God

3-0.....Damn. Lyons actually made a good point there.......shocker. That ball is belted...triple. Damn.

I'm sure it wouldn't mean anything to Moises personally, since he did win a world series with the Marlins in 97 and all. He probably holds the team in high regard.

Cubs are fuckin ripping it up.

Tell these announcers to take a chill pill. Just because Manny reacted the way he did doesn't mean he's Satan. Bonds did it all the time and no one says anything.

Well, here is to hoping that the offense can regroup. I have some faith because of the way they played in the giants series, down 4-1 at one point in game two, which they went on to score 9 runs in.

It's going to be hard with Wrigley going crazy.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

See, all this time I thought the Marlins D was good and the Cubs hitting was bad. Maybe I'm dyslexic.

I hope the announcers examine every home run trot in slow motion for possible disrespecting. hilarious.

Wow, what a first inning. Even Alex Gonzalez gets in on the action. I sorta felt bad for Pierre having those two tough plays after they did that little piece on how he gets to the ballpark so early to survey the surroundings for the game later on. But oh well, live and learn. Hopefully Zambrano's on tonight. I was surprised they scored when they had the chance to. Encouraging stuff.

And AS, I just meant that these two teams don't have a bottomless pit of money to go out and buy big name after big name to get to the postseason every year.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Hart Fan....

You have to remember, the media thinks Barry Bonds is God, he could jerk off in the pitchers face after every home run and they wouldn't say anything.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Of the four or five times I've seen Zambrano this year, he appears to be on.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I wonder what all the dumbasses who made the nursing home jokes are saying right now?

Why doesn't ESPN Radio put Buck Martinez with Dan Schulman?

Damn me and my lack of cable.

You don't get FOX up there?

Not here I don't. And since no over the air Canadian broadcasters are playing the games, I don't get them. I'm going home on the weekend for a few days for Thanksgiving, then the week after that is reading week, so I'll be home again, so I'll get to see most of the LCS and World Series.