TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Now I will actually have a vested interest in both series. If the Red Sox win the ALCS, I will enjoy the world series no matter what. Obviously I want the Marlins in the series, but Cub/Red Sox is awesome too.

Guest Choken One

You might have a point there...But it's not exactly equal to Ruth since they lost the series with Mac in 1990 and kept him for another 5 years...

Guest Bobby Cox is God

NoCal.......

Good points. Beane doesn't like Tejada near as much as Chavez and I would expect to see him held up long term.

^ This comes from Moneyball.......

Congratulations Red Sox.

I'm not gonna even read the replies here. My heart has been ripped out. This is worse than Kirk Gibson's homerun. I didn't have the heart to angry at what happened. I wish they had gotten swept now. That wasn't worth it. It wasn't worth being tortured like that.

This is horrible. This goes deeper than losing another series. This might cost the A's future in Oakland. Its way too long and convulted to go into right now. They are facing an absolutely miserable offseason, one far worse than two years ago.

I'm gonna go :throwup:

Well I hope Sacramento makes a real attempt to get the A's if they move when their lease is up.

Guest Choken One

The lease stays for until 2007 and Sacramento is a worse market anyways...

See the frustrating part of being an A's fan is that with the owner they have(or to be more honest, the pocketbook the owner has) The A's being successful is all based on their players being All-Stars within the first 4-6 seasons of their career. I mean some players don't even hit their stride until 10 seasons under the belt. ESPECIALLY pitchers. It is a real possibility that we haven't even seen the best from Mulder/Zito/Hudson/Lilly/Harden. Hudson is the oldest at 28, and he has been getting better every year.

The lease stays for until 2007 and Sacramento is a worse market anyways...

Sacramento is only considered a worse market because of the lower population, but as far as FAN-DA-MONIUM and supporting a team, and showing up to games, Sacramento would do a hell of a lot better than the shitty fans in Oakland(not all of them of course). Not to mention the Oakland Collesium is located in a bad part of town. I just don't want the team moving to San Jose or any farther from me. The 100 minute drive to the stadium is long but not too long. If the A's were closer, I would seriously considering getting a season ticket package, probably not all 81, but possibly 40 games or something.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Zito is a free agent in two years I think, imagine if he wins one more Cy......he'll go to the bargaining table with 2 Cy's that will be tough to resign.

I am still disgusted at the Chris Singleton at-bat. That bullshit strike call that was 5 seconds too late changed that entire at-bat. Damn, I feel like my heart has been chewed up and spit out all over my dinner plate.

Game 3 is going to live in my head forever, the shitty calls by the umpire cost a run. Argh....*breaks something*

At least they aren't bandwagon jumpers like in Florida

Of course they are. How else do you explain letting the visiting team's fans overrun your stadium in a PLAYOFF game? Braves "fans" have become so desensitized to the team, that it's like they don't even care until the team makes the NLCS.

When the Braves become bad (and it's coming soon), you'll be back to 80s-level attendance figures in Atlanta. It's like the situation in the late 80s-early 90s in Toronto...they only sold out the park every night because the team was winning and SkyDome was the "in" place to be. Once they started losing they got down to about 15,000-20,000 fans a night.

This Sox/A's series, in my view, is one of the classics of all time.

Or at least of the last decade, whatever.

It was just great, from start to finish.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

It's coming soon? Pay attention to our farm system, it's one of the best. We may be bad for a bit, but this team will rebound. We have an abundance of arms in the farm system. At the top being Adam Wainwright.

The Braves/Yanks will always be good with the owners they have. A bottomless pocketbook also helps in a system like the MLB one.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Y'know, I was pissed off about game 3 and 4. Now I am just disappointed. The A's have most of the ingredients necessary to win a championship, but some changes are necessary. First, Tejada needs to be gone. No question. He isn't worth it on the field, at bat, or in the clubhouse. The A's have the most remarkable pitching staff since the Braves 10 years ago.

Also, if Mulder and Hudson were healthy, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I know the A's have the better team, they just let their mental errors and injuries get to them.

The A's also have a superior farm system. Pretty much everyone on the team worth mentioning was brought up within the A's organization.

*Is finished recovering from near stroke*

Best.LDS.Ever.

And another fuck you to FOX for the shitty announce team. And showing that collision 30 times. Was the RAW producer in the truck tonight?

The Championship Serieseseseseses are pretty much a tossup for me right now.

The Braves/Yanks will always be good with the owners they have. A bottomless pocketbook also helps in a system like the MLB one.

Yankees- yes.

Braves- no.

AOL TW wants the Braves to cut payroll.

The A's also have a superior farm system. Pretty much everyone on the team worth mentioning was brought up within the A's organization.

How can you be an A's fan and cheer for the Redskins? You better start supporting the Raiders...now.

Also, if Mulder and Hudson were healthy, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Well that much is true. I mean let's face it, the shape the A's were in going into the playoffs, they had no business going up 2-0 in the first place. This wasn't the same A's team of the past 3 years playing their strongest baseball in late september. Yes they had a second half run again, but the pitching staff was hurt at the worst time. If Mulder starts Game 3, then tonight was probably the first game of the ALCS rather then Game 5 of DS.

*Is finished recovering from near stroke*

Best.LDS.Ever.

And another fuck you to FOX for the shitty announce team. And showing that collision 30 times. Was the RAW producer in the truck tonight?

The Championship Serieseseseseses are pretty much a tossup for me right now.

I agree.

Normally Brenneman isn't that bad, but he and Lyons were just TERRIBLE. What with their ripping of Manny for the homerun thing. Funny how Bonds does it after every at bat and FOX and ESPN are quick to fellate him, but Manny hits a key homerun and walks 10 steps down the line and he's the fucking anti-christ all of a sudden.

Showing the collision repeatedly made me sick, especially hearing Lyons say, "This is just sickening to watch...let's see it again"

Add in the Buckner comment and I was unhappy watching the game tonight, except with the outcome.

Cartman, I'm reading the comments you made in the 9th inning, and you should be ashamed of yourself. What kind of a fan are you? You make me sicker than Choken, NoCal, Bored or anyone else that talked shit about this team because you're supposed to be a fan...

Well the 4 teams I wanted in the CS are all there.

The only way it could have been better for MLB is if Barry Bonds and the Giants were there instead of the Marlins...but screw the Giants.

You can just FEEL the Yankees/Sox series intensity. You just know the odds of another chapter of Sox blowing it in the worst way are fairly high.

Gonna be SWEET!!!

Oakland needs to address their offense in the worst way. They have a good core of players to work around.

Byrnes: Even though he is a numbskull

Dye: Finally coming his own

Hernandez: Very respectable for a catcher

Guillen: The best player on the A's for the whole series

Chavez: Chokes at the plate, but very very good in the field.

Durazio: Came through at times, but still played exceptionally well.

The rest is expendable. Including Tejada. They need a better lead off hitter.

The pitching staff must remain the same. I think all 4! guys will have something to prove this year, and if Harden works on his game during the off season, they'll be fucking hard to beat. Again, they have an amazing bullpen, so there isn't much change needed there.

Only SS and 2B are serious issues for the team.

The A's also have a superior farm system.  Pretty much everyone on the team worth mentioning was brought up within the A's organization.

How can you be an A's fan and cheer for the Redskins? You better start supporting the Raiders...now.

I was born in Maryland. My family was raised liking the Redskins for football and Washington Senators for baseball. When they left, everyone started liking the Orioles by default, but weren't really fans until my generation which would make me an oriole fan..........EXCEPT........My family moved to CA when I was 6 years old. So since the Redskins still exist I remained being a fan, and then I just started following the A's instead of the Giants since I was 7 years old. So there ya go. Oh and for basketball, same story as why I am an A's fan.

Imagine what will happen if Steinbrenner loses to the Sox.

He will probably be madder than a Honey Badger. (And if you have ever seen the Animal Planet documentary on the Honey Badger, this motherfuckers get PISSED and they don't even back down to a jaguar.)

The A's also have a superior farm system.  Pretty much everyone on the team worth mentioning was brought up within the A's organization.

I was born in Maryland. My family was raised liking the Redskins for football and Washington Senators for baseball. When they left, everyone started liking the Orioles by default, but weren't really fans until my generation which would make me an oriole fan..........EXCEPT........My family moved to CA when I was 6 years old. So since the Redskins still exist I remained being a fan, and then I just started following the A's instead of the Giants since I was 7 years old. So there ya go. Oh and for basketball, same story as why I am an A's fan.

Ahhh gotcha, you should still inest into the Raiders....disappointment will follow there too.

And for once I am cheering for the Yankees to beat the holy fuck out of someone, I hope every single red Sox fan has their heart ripped out like us A's fans. And fuck Manny for showboating after his homerun, karma's a bitch.

PS. The A's will win a championship before the Red Sox.

No reason to really believe the Red Sox are beating the Yanks. The Yanks are going to the WS. Red Sox aren't good enough and the A's were far too injured going into the postseason.