TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

No one should have been ejected.

So that sets the example that if everyone does something wrong, they just get a slap on the wrist? That's bullshit.

I would of thrown out Clemens and Pedro just to give a wakeup call to everyone and set them straight.

That would of gotten the attention of everyone.

I don't care if cops were already there. If your teammate is getting attacked you back him up.

And there is no logical way Clemens can be ejected from that game. You can not eject someone for throwing a pitch a foot away from someone.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

So that sets the example that if everyone does something wrong, they just get a slap on the wrist? That's bullshit.

I would of thrown out Clemens and Pedro just to give a wakeup call to everyone and set them straight.

Clemens thrown out? Please explain why, give one LOGICAL reason. Damn man, why must you guys be so pigheaded.

Another reason FOX sucks--It's now going on 4:20 and they're still covering football. I know everyone loves football (cept me), but why are they going through scores for the second time when they're supposedly going to start at least the pre-game show at 4?

''I don't believe there's a human being in professional baseball who would throw a ball hoping to hit a man in the head,'' Zimmer writes. ''I was disappointed with Piazza coming out and saying Clemens threw at him on purpose. What's Clemens supposed to do? Throw the ball over the plate so Piazza can keep hitting home runs off him -- or make him feel uncomfortable?

That's a quote by Zimmer...I don't know where it came from yet I just saw it on another board.

Regardless, if he thinks Clemens did not throw at Piazza's head purposely than he is more senile than I thought.

I would have ejected Pedro and Zimmer for their altercation. Hell, I would have ejected Pedro for pointing at his head earlier. The bottom line is, even if the umps had ejected Pedro and Zimmer for what happened, it obviously would have hurt the Sox a hell of a lot more than the Yankees and it could have caused a riot and/or Sox fans wouldn't stop harping on that for the rest of the year.

Dames

We haven't even played two innings yet and I'm already tired of the FOX announcers being all over the Marlins' dicks. Yes, they're a good team and they don't give up, and yes, Beckett is a very good pitcher. We get it.

Meh, it's refreshing to have them be on someone else's cock for a little while I suppose, considering they've had most of the Cubs in their mouth for the entire series.

Yeah, when they've done something to warrant the praise. Beckett will be deserving the praise he's getting right now if he's still pitching like this in three or four innings, and if he is, my hat's off to him. The announcers are complaining about the homeplate ump's strikezone, saying the pitch that Lee was called out on was too low, while they said nothing when Alou got called out on a pitch that was just as low.

I think Leiter was just saying that as a state of mind that hitters have when down by that much. They know it's not possible, but they want to tie it up right away.

And yes, you did hear Motorhead when Pudge came up.

I'm getting a real bad feeling that this game isn't going to turn out well for the Cubbies in the end. Beckett is ON today, while Carlos is all over the place. Something will have to give sooner or later.

And is anyone else getting tired of Fox running spots for their stupid new shows ("Skin" is gonna blow some serious ass) constantly and then suddenly cutting away from them because the game has started back up, causing us to miss the first pitch? I mean, ok...we get it...you guys have a new show with Jerry Bruckheimer. Now shut the fuck up and give us our baseball.

Guest Choken One

FUNNY...People said that about 24 two years ago when FOX drove it to the ground in ads...

FUNNY...People said that about 24 two years ago when FOX drove it to the ground in ads...

Well, I don't know who those people were. I thought 24 would kick ass. And it does.

Jesus...how many rabbits can Zambrano pull out of his hat? 2 bases loaded jams without a run scoring. Great job, but he better settle down a little bit.

Skin should be an interesting series, but back to baseball, I agree that something's going to have to give sooner or later. Even if Zambrano is able to set them down in order, he's already up to 90+ pitches and we've only played four.

They're still in good shape if they lose today, but you'd rather see them close this thing out and have Prior and Wood ready to go right away in the World Series.

Guest Choken One

Actually...I'd have the world series rotation be

Wood, Zambrano, Prior, Clement since Wood is a good Road Pitcher I believe and game three is more crucial then game two...

Skin sounds like an interesting concept, but not one that will last more than a season or two at most.

Dames

My thoughts exactly.

How do they plan on making Romeo and Juliet into a serious television show. Everyone knows how it ends up, unless they decide to change the ending to one of the greatest stories ever.

Great diving play by Derrek Lee.

Even though the Cubs didn't score, the hitters were looking a lot better against Beckett this time around (or at least the four hitters he faced here). Ramirez nearly broke the tie, Simon hit a bullet, Gonzalez got a hit, and Bako hit it pretty well, albeit an easy flyout. Still, you've got Zambrano getting into jams nearly every inning now and you've gotta wonder how long it'll be until Florida finally comes through. Hopefully Carlos can get through two more and then turn it over to the pen.

Clemens thrown out? Please explain why, give one LOGICAL reason. Damn man, why must you guys be so pigheaded.

Thinking about it now, I would of done Pedro/Manny gone from Boston & Zimmer/Clemens from NY:

Pedro - Pointing to your head and saying "YOU" after he threw at Garcia was pretty over the line. And his altercation with Zimmer should of done him in.

Manny - Overreacting, and clearly yelling "FUCK YOU" right on camera in front of millions of people. Really nice, Manny.

Clemens - He could of ignored Manny's overreacting, but he was right back saying "FUCK YOU" right back to him. And it's not like they said "Fuck" out of frustration...they were both threats. If I was in charge of MLB, I would NOT tolerate such bullshit like the beginning of the bench's clearing with Manny/Clemens yelling at each other. I know society is in the shitter today, but baseball is still one of the only family sports left and if I had a kid and I was watching with him, I'd be embarassed. AND the fact media fucking shows it over and over again makes it even more disgusting. Totally unacceptable.

Edit: Also, it's not like Manny, Pedro, and Roger are just regular players...they are mutli-million dollar stars. And you know who the majority of their fans are? Little leaguers...not specifically, but around that age. So you are saying by not ejecting anyone, it's okay for a 12 year old to point to his head and say "YOU" to a guy in the dugout? Or to yell "FUCK YOU" at someone? That's the real crime in all of this...no values and no punishment.

Zimmer - Going after Pedro pretty much explains that.

So that's my logic...and my opinion.

Edited by HartFan86

Yeah and I hope all those bandwagon Florida "fans" enjoy it because they're gonna need some serious luck to get past Prior and Wood. Not taking anything away from Beckett, but this game should've been a blowout by the Marlins, with the number one guy going against the recently shaky number three guy. Hopefully they'll get it done on Tuesday, because my nerves can't handle a possible game seven at this point.