TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2003-04 NHL predictions

Yeh... never you mind, I like Ottawa too. They're the best chance us Canadians have at the Cup. Heaven knows the Laffs won't do it.

Yeh... never you mind, I like Ottawa too. They're the best chance us Canadians have at the Cup. Heaven knows the Laffs won't do it.

:lol:

You have a point there.

TC. Putting aside any personal feelings which team Ottawa or Toronto do you think has a better chance at winning the Cup?

Oh, guess the Wild didn't need Gaborik and Duprey (sp) Cheap franchise is going to be sorry.

TC. Putting aside any personal feelings which team Ottawa or Toronto do you think has a better chance at winning the Cup?

Well, obviously Ottawa's the better team and (barring a boat load of injuries) are going to win the Northeast and finish ahead of Toronto, again, but I do think the Leafs have a decent shot at winning it all, not clawing for a playoff spot like some people are saying.

My boycott lasted all of zero games ... I went to the B's-Devils game last night. I thought that my boys looked pretty good, although I don't like the idea of dropping Knuble to the 2nd line just to put Samsonov back on the first. Joe-Muzz-Knuble was a better line than Joe-Muzz-Sammy, in my opinion, and I think that Samsonov fits in better with Ralston-Axelson on the second line.

The sweaters is going to take some getting used to. Hopefully it means that I'll never have to be at the Fleet while the B's are wearing those fucking AWFUL 3rd jerseys, because otherwise there's nothing good about the change.

As much as it pains me to say it, both TO and Ottawa will finish above Boston this year ... but Ottawa is the only one with a legit chance of winning the Cup. Both the Leafs and the Bruins have too many holes to be considered contenders.

Well, obviously Ottawa's the better team and (barring a boat load of injuries) are going to win the Northeast and finish ahead of Toronto, again, but I do think the Leafs have a decent shot at winning it all, not clawing for a playoff spot like some people are saying.

I don't think they'll be clawing for a playoff spot at all, not with how weak the East is again this year. But they have no shot in the playoffs with their defence as horrible as it is. Belfour's going to snap one of these days, I'm telling you.

Their defence isn't 'horrible'. Sure, it's not great, or even that good, but to label them horrible is not fair just because they don't have any all-stars on the blueline.

John Buccigross is picking the Blues to win the Cup?

Now that I'm down here I'd like to see it just to see if anyone in Missouri notices or any of the papers outside of metro SL report it.

And Barry....if you HAVE to cater to an east coast team.....at least cater to a decent one.

Further proof that Barry Melrose has lost his mind:

He's picking the Rangers to make a run to the Cup final this season.

I read that, laughed and shook my head.

He's had better gems in the past, believe it or not.

Phil Esposito was on Off The Record on TSN today. When the host asked him, point blank, why Bobby Clarke was still the Flyers GM, Espo replied, "I think he's got pictures."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I certainly have a picture...

:firing: Clarke.JPG

Wow.

Nashville looked sharp tonight against Anaheim.

And Ottawa was tuning up for Saturday's potential Stanley Cup Finals preview against Detroit, coasting to a 5-2 win.

Notes after Flyers opener:

Joni Pitkanen is going to be a stud

Tony Amonte can not fucking find the back of a god damn net with the motherfucking puck to save his worthless pile of shit stuffed into pads and a jersey abortion of a life

Jeff Hackett had a good debut, but I won't think about him for a good two months unless he really blows in said months. Before that it is too hard to know what he is.

Of course Hackett had a good debut; he only faced 17 shots.

Primeau of course showed us all why he's a joke of a leader and captain.

And you are right about Pitkanen. Give him a year to get accustomed to his surroundings, and you have a replacement for either Desjardins or Weinrich (34 and 36 respectively).

Yeah, but Hackett did have some good saves. Not that the goalie even matters until April.

Don't forget, Keith Primeau was "the best player in the playoffs last season to not score a point." I loved that line from the announcers.

The Caps looked pretty good, even if it was against the Islanders.

I dont get why they are trying to give John Gruden the nickname Chucky..doesn't work. Unlike the other John Gruden, he really doesn't look like the Chucky doll.

Pittsburgh might be better, sooner than anyone could imagine.

"PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Even the Los Angeles Kings are wondering how much better Marc-Andre Fleury can possibly get if he's already this good at age 18.

Los Angeles spoiled the No. 1 draft pick's otherwise sensational debut with two special teams goals and the injury-thinned Kings beat Fleury's Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0 Friday night.

Fleury, the top pick in the June entry draft, couldn't have played much better in his first NHL game, stopping 46 of 48 shots. But the goaltender's talent-depleted team couldn't have played much worse, tying a franchise record with only 11 shots."

If they get any semblence of a team in front of him, they could have a shot at the playoffs next year.

11 fucking shots?! That's pathetic.

Colorado looked very good tonight, although looking good against Chicago isn't really saying much.