TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

EA Sports Is Doing The Videogame

That's great news and I know should probably be a different topic, but since I'm probably more excited about the TV deal mention in the story than the game, who do you think the deal is gonna be with? I say USA, TNT or FX.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Hopefully EA can do the TNA brand justice. If they hand the game over to Aki it'll be all good for sure.

I still say TNA would be a perfect fit for FX...but they don't listen to me.

Anyway...this is absolutely great news for a couple reasons.

1. It's EA...which means its huge. EA doesn't develop games and put their label on them to let them just die without major advertising and a big push. EA has built a reputation as a mark of quality in sports gaming...so TNA getting to do it with them is about as good as you can get.

2. EA has worked with AKI...and if they use them to develop this game...it's going to be tremendous.

It's also quite a large shot of money for TNA. I remember reading that ECW made more money of their moderately successfull Acclaim video games than they did off a year or two of live events.

It appears that the game will be made for all three consoles (although that isn't a suprise since EA spreads all their games around)

They have placeholder pages for info on the NWA-TNA game for all three systems at IGN...but as yet the pages are empty.

As The Truth said, an EA/AKI NWATNA (how's that for acronyms) game would be awesome. I believe AKI recently made Def Jam Vendetta, a wrestling game based on the No Mercy engine using rappers, and I don't think that EA would bother getting one of their other development teams to make an entirely new engine for a TNA game when they already have the best engine for wrestling games with AKI's. A No Mercy style game with TNA superstars would be the greatest game in the history of anything EVER.

That's great news and I know should probably be a different topic, but since I'm probably more excited about the TV deal mention in the story than the game, who do you think the deal is gonna be with? I say USA, TNT or FX.

I am sure that if a TV deal was close to happening, Meltzer would of said something by now.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Well......this SHOULD be a good one......

::hoping this will be a good one::

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

As long as Aki includes the attire features and movesets for the wrestlers that didn't sign a contract or were even around (like in a few recent WWE games they did with Ultimo, Funaki, Raven, etc.), that'd be perfect enough. I like wasting a lot of time on making CAWs =P

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Oh Dear Lord, let them just overload the CAW with moves. I can live with a small selection of attires but it kills me when I have to give everyone a neckbreaker and a body slam because of a lack of moves. I give Smackdown that, they always have a million moves in their game.

Never speak of Backstage Assault. Ever.

October 07, 2003 - According to TNA Entertainment, the wrestling organization is talking to several companies about a potential video game deal. Although representatives from Electronic Arts have visited TNA's Nashville office recently, there have not been any final contracts signed, and negotiations with various video game publishers are ongoing.

ign.com

FUCK. I hope they are not even considering Acclaim aka the worst game developer ever.

Guest Basswitch

They should find some unknown, incredibly talented video gamer to use.... oh wait, there are basically none of those left anymore.

Yeah, if they go with Acclaim, I'll be pissed.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Acclaim? That would mean it would be a carbon copy of LOW. Boy, I can't wait to play as Shark Boy and do the powerbomb on Ekmu!

Seriously folks, LOW's wrestlers had only 4 moves. Hogan was the only wrestler accurately and realistically made in the game.

Isn't Acclaim about broke anyway?

Oh and USA doesn't seem one bit interested in bringing in wrestling. FX has interest and they seem like they could be a good bet.

I wonder if Trio is interested? Cause I don't get Trio.

And we know it is Acclaim how? Everyone thought Acclaim would go to WCW when THQ left them, but EA went instead. Maybe Namco or Sony or something will pick up the license. Theres more than 3 video game companies out there, and there are probably more than 3 who would be interested in doing a game, but you know what? With one 1 company, what games are the other companys gonna make?

*NO* American company can make a worthwhile wrestling game. The Japanese seem to be the only type of people who know ANYTHING about making a wrestling title appealing, just because it's EA doesn't mean it will be any good.

Smackdown it WON'T be.

UYI