TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

Torch confirms

Austin vetoed working with Jarrett.

So you'd do the same thing if you could stick someone up for cash like that.  It's called being smart.

How DARE he decide that he's going to attempt to hold up a WWF PPV because he feels slighted that Steve Austin doesnt want to work with him

Jarrett held up the No Mercy PPV because of back pay, seeing as how he was going to WCW and his contract had run out the night before. A Jarrett/Austin program never materialized on PPV.

Dames

Guest Salacious Crumb

That's very unlikely.

TNA's been very good about who they give belts to as far as them not running off to another promotion with the belt.

I'm sure that Hogan is contracted to be around for more than just one show...and he'll lose it before he leaves. If Hogan were to breach his contract and take the NWA Title with him anywhere, TNA would make a hell of a lot more money than Panda is dishing out right now. It's a win-win for them.

Dames

-Jerrett DESERVED a main event push in the WWF.

-Austin, JR and others made sure he never got one.

-He collected the money he was owed (and more) and jobbed the IC title before leaving.

-He went to WCW, became a main eventer and held the World title 4 times.

-WCW closed, he had no interest in returning to WWE and began setting up a company with his dad.

-He is still a main event wrestler and his company will hopefully begin competing with WWE.

-In about a year, he'll be (along with his father) the promoter of the number one company in North America.

I'd say he's pretty smart.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
The whole industry is built on deception. So why do you have a problem with a guy on his way out doing what's best for him?

I have a problem with greedy people

That's what I'm afraid of, Dames.

You know what I'm REALLY afraid of?

Hogan wins the title off Jarrett.

Next Monday or Thursday night, he's throwing it in a trash can on WWE programming.

And if that happens, i'll laugh my ass off for days on end. Nothing Jeff and Daddy wouldnt deserve anyway, considering their treatment of AJ and Raven

-Jerrett DESERVED a main event push in the WWF.

-In about a year, he'll be (along with his father) the promoter of the number one company in North America.

I'd say he's pretty smart.

Jarrett wasn't over in his WWF stint after 6 IC Titles and only gained heat when he began hitting women with a guitar. He wasn't over enough to be considered a main-eventer. I'd say he was over enough to main event one of the In Your House PPV's, but that's about it.

If you honestly believe that TNA will take over WWE in one year, you're delusional.

Dames

Jerrett DESERVED a main event push in the WWF.

Why? Because he has never gotten over when being in the main event? And because the only way he got over was via cheap heat.

-Austin, JR and others made sure he never got one.

Because they know Jarrett sucks.

-He collected the money he was owed (and more) and jobbed the IC title before leaving.

What's your point?

-He went to WCW, became a main eventer and held the World title 4 times.

And WCW sunk further and further.

WCW closed, he had no interest in returning to WWE and began setting up a company with his dad.

I think Vince McMahon firing him on national TV had something to do with that.

-He is still a main event wrestler and his company will hopefully begin competing with WWE.

He's a main event wrestler and in a promotion where a WWF jobber was champ for three months.

You're an idiot

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah.

TNA still has years of being on nonPPV tv to overtake the WWF.

You're an idiot

He's an RVD Fan, whaddya expect.

Actually, im quite curious to know what will happen when RVD shows up in Nashvill, by Christmas, and promptly gets buried by JJJ

Whatever will you do

Well, no

-Raven is being horribly misused

-Styles is being buried

-The current incarnation of the X-Division is a joke

-Dutch Mantells horrible Memphis influenced booking will bore me to tears

-Theyre (under the rule of the almighty Dutch), wasting the X Division, which is crap anyway and bringing in "bigger" (read untalented) wastes of space

-Kid Kash is fueding with a fucking interviewer, and a hideously untalented moron twice his size, and before that, a chick, also untalented and hideous.

Admittedly, I am happy to see a waste of space like D-Lo Brown being buried

Guest Salacious Crumb

And you continue to ignore the obvious that Raven gets the most screen time and has the biggest angles since June.

And the Memphis style is the most tried and true method of booking over the last 30 years in wrestling.

EDIT: And would you rather Raven still be in the WWF where he couldn't even beat the lowest of jobbers?

Go read the other thread i built to argue this, in it, i correctly point out that Raven is feuding with a FUCKING MANAGER!!!!!!!

He may be feuding with a manager, but Mitchell hasn't been involved in one match yet and Raven has been consistently getting the biggest pops in the promotion. The Asylum was going CRAZY for him when he went up against Styles for the World Title and he got even more over when he lost his hair.

Dames

Guest Salacious Crumb

And it's what's selling PPVs right now and it's been the most entertaining wrestling feud that I can remember in a long while.

But, if he;s that over, surely he deserves the belt, and whoever he feuds with over said belt becomes more over by proxy

They do when your'e a two-bit promotion who desperatly need a strong champion if there's a TV Deal on the way

Great, now there's that argument.

1 Inch Punch, after this question, I'll leave you alone. What would constitute Raven being properly used to you? Winning the World Title?

Dames

They do when your'e a two-bit promotion who desperatly need a strong champion if there's a TV Deal on the way

^^

ANGLESAULT in disguise.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah but in the eyes of tv people and marks Raven's still a WWF jobber. He has to work off that stigma before he can be a marketable champ.

Great, now there's that argument.

1 Inch Punch, after this question, I'll leave you alone. What would constitute Raven being properly used to you? Winning the World Title?

Dames

Being given the Book and a say on who should be brought into the promotion (I certainly dont want to see Mantell's IWA'ers)

Being Given the World Title and then feuding with CM Punk (using jealously as a lynchpin into the Straight Edge mess)

Yeah but in the eyes of tv people and marks Raven's still a WWF jobber. He has to work off that stigma before he can be a marketable champ

In the last few months of WCW, JJJ feuded with Rey Mysterio, DDP and Dusty fucking Rhodes. Im supposed to buy him as a world champion

Guest Choken One

and Jeff Jarrett isn't any better

"You mean that old woman beater that got fired on National TV is the world champion?...Change the Channel Jethro...I think Monster Truck Rally is on!"

You do realise that under Mantell's book IWAPR went from on the verge of bankrutpcy to drawing huge crowd (that rival WWE) and becoming the unquesitoned #1 promotion in PR

Actually, im quite curious to know what will happen when RVD shows up in Nashvill, by Christmas, and promptly gets buried by JJJ

Whatever will you do?

Do you even have to ask that question. I'll be joining you and AngleSault in THE BITTER FAN OF A PARTICULAR WRESTLER WHO MOANS ABOUT EVERYTHING INVOLVING HIM WITHOUT USING ANY LOGIC TO SUPPORT MY CLAIMS CLUB, or as its known to the common man TBFOAPWWMAEIHWUALTSMCC. This is of course not to be confused with the smaller, less offensive club that I currently belong to. That being THE BITTER FAN OF A PARTICULAR WRESTLER WHO THINKS THAT WRESTLER IS GOD AND EVERY MATCH HE'S INVOLVED IN IS A CLASSIC AND OVERLOOKS THAT WRESTLER'S FAULTS CLUB, the small but effective TBFOAPWWTTWIGAEMHIIIACAOTWFC.

Guest Choken One

RVD will show up by Xmas? Sorry buddy get off your idealistic notion that RVD is leaving...

As for the whole Is Raven getting buried...

How the fuck is that? Raven is pretty much writing the fucking storyline himself and doesn't need the title like JJJ an AJ do...