Brandon Rhodes

Timothy Marsch

Paco Fernandez

Nigel McClain

Gabriel Cirillo

Jonathan Dehn

Frigid Soul

Guest FrigidSoul

We can pretend my guy is just owning hitters left and right at...we'll go with Rice University in Texas. He decided to stay in school one more year since he wasn't offered the money he wanted in the 2016 draft.

Holy shit, what a first season as a starter.

^ we wanna hire him to our cause. Trade for this man next season. LVJ wants him on our team.

As long as Kostka wants in on our team, of course.

If Vancouver signs FrigidSoul, I promise we won't clamor for players as much on the bitches on LVJ do.

The Vasectomy >>>>>>>> the Jokers. Deal with it.

...dude... :P

You do fucking know I'm was the only player on the team, right? Till I got Hunter over here, and that was during this season.

So you just basically are just dissing my ass for not wanting to lose and for wanting a bunch of TSMers to join forces. So please, do us a favor and let us sign Frigid out from under you. We've got the money to do it. Besides... I'll make my team buy a championship if I have to.

Guest FrigidSoul

It may just be the internet, but having people fight over your services sure is swell touched.gif

Holy shit, what a first season as a starter.

^ we wanna hire him to our cause. Trade for this man next season. LVJ wants him on our team.

As long as Kostka wants in on our team, of course.

I'd entertain a trade, or I'd put Vegas at the top of my list in FA talks (I THINK I only have one year left after this year, I might have two). Especially if the Pride blow it in the playoffs this year.

Guest Evolution
I'd entertain a trade, or I'd put Vegas at the top of my list in FA talks (I THINK I only have one year left after this year, I might have two). Especially if the Pride blow it in the playoffs this year.

Kostka is scheduled to be a free agent after 2016, but with the way he is performing, his contract of just over a million will likely be extended to about 3-4 million, if Kostka doesn't choose to test the market in his prime.

And speaking of the playoffs, expect an update on that sometime today, definitely before 11 EST tonight.

Guest eppeedancer

why is it that its always the damn knee, blew one out in football. the other in hockey and know it gets picked on even in fantasy

Guest eppeedancer

how do you insert images, I created one for my team but cant show anyone

Tim

Guest Evolution

You'll have to upload it to a web hosting service and then link to the image from there.

And speaking of the playoffs, expect an update on that sometime today, definitely before 11 EST tonight.

LIAR! Not that I really care since Atlanta hasn't made the playoffs since, well, ever. Are the any other teams who've never made the playoffs, aside from the recent expansion teams?

I suppose I want the playoffs to be over as soon as possible, so I can have my hopes crushed again, or see if Gonzales will retire so I can create another player.

Guest Evolution

It's not a lot, but shit, I had to post SOMETHING.

DENVER DOUCHEBAGS VS SEATTLE FRASIERS

2015 SFBL EAST-WEST PLAYOFFS

GAME 1

RJ Frost's homerun in the bottom of the seventh gave Seattle a 4-2 lead and was JUST enough for the Seattle Frasiers to hold off the Denver Douchebags in Game 1 of the best-of-seven series. Denver scored one run in the top of the eighth, but could do no more and fell one run short in the opening game of the series.

Frost went 2-for-3, scoring twice and driving in one run--himself--with the solo homerun in the seventh inning.

Also homering in the game was Arne Snider, who has now homered in six consecutive games with his solo shot in the fourth inning.

John Propes remained in the game for all eight innings that Seattle came to the plate, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out two and walking none, collecting the loss.

John Duran did not enter the game as a defensive replacement or pinch hitter.

DENVER 3, SEATTLE 4

Seattle leads series 1-0

WP - George Alongi (5 1/3 IP, 5 HA, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 Ks)

LP - John Propes (8 IP, 6 HA, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 Ks)

S - Raul Carrera (1)

Time of Game: 2 hours, 53 minutes

Player of the Game: RJ Frost (2-for-3, 2 R, 1 RBI, solo homerun in 7th inning)

GAME 2

With their backs against the wall, the Douchebags got defensive and lashed out in response. Facing a 6-3 deficit in the top of the ninth and with only three outs left, Denver exploded for six runs, including a grand slam from Marc Taylor with two outs that put Denver up 9-6, and Seattle could only put up one run to make the score 9-7, which was the final score as Denver evened up the series at one game a piece with the Seattle Frasiers.

Seattle built their 6-3 lead on the power of two homeruns from Arne Snider, a two run shot in the 3rd inning and a 5th inning bomb, both off Jayme Hermann. Other Frasiers contributed, but it was the pitching that could not help Seattle's cause, as Raul Carerra made a rare blown save, allowing a 2-run homerun from Michael Barnes and then eventually issuing two walks to load the bases with the doubling Ken Coutu. Carrera managed to get Joseph Boutang to fly out to right field for the second out, but Carerra's goose was cooked and Tim Righini came in with the chance to stop the bleeding and still give Seattle the victory. Unfortunately, the first batter Righini faced was Marc Taylor, and he took Tim 363 feet out of the park for the grand slam, dashing the feel-good mood of the Seattle fans who came to see a home sweep of the Douchebags.

In the bottom of the ninth, the fans were back on their feet after a Manny Rodriguez double to the gap in right-center scored Mike Barnwell. Later in the inning, RJ Frost was walked to load the bases with two outs, but Glynn Kortkamp came up empty, grounding one right back to the mound to end the game.

Speaking of the Velvet Hammer, Frost went 3-for-5, improving his postseason batting average to .625 and also drawing a walk. John Duran did not come in as for Denver.

DENVER 9, SEATTLE 6

Series tied 1-1

WP - Berny Elias (1-0)

LP - Raul Carrera (0-1)

S - Jim Field (1)

Time of Game: 4 hours, 16 minutes

Player of the Game: Michael Barnes (4-for-5, R, 2 RBI, 2-run homerun in 9th inning off Raul Carrera)

BOSTON TEA BAGGERS VS PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM

GAME 1

Philadelphia scored two runs in the bottom of the first, and then the bats went quiet. They didn't awaken until it mattered the most.

Breaking a 2-2 tie in the top of the ninth with an RBI double from Lester Schein, Boston appeared to have the game won, but Rolf Dreikugeln could not shut the door as Boston's closer, allowing a solo homerun from Jerrold Mauder and then a game-winning RBI single from Jed Goude, scoring Merlin McKnight as Boston dropped the ball and game one of the seven-game series.

Goude came up with two outs in the bottom of the inning, with McKnight on first after Timm Williams flied out down the right field line. However, Merlin would later steal second, putting him in scoring position for the hit from Jed.

BOSTON 3, PHILADELPHIA 4

Philadelphia leads series 1-0

WP - Luciano Rovira (1-0)

LP - Rolf Dreikugeln (0-1)

Time of Game: 2 hours, 55 minutes

Player of the Game: C.J. Bulot (8 IP, 4 HA, 3 ER, 5 BB, 2 Ks)

GAME 2

In the second meeting of these two teams, a late comeback from the Freedom was not necessary.

Boston got the business end of a shutout, collecting the same number of hits as the Freedom with nine each between the teams, but having no runs to show for it as Philadelphia moves up 2-0 in the best-of-seven series with a 3-0 shutout of the 'Baggers.

Patricio Diez did most of the work on the mound, pitching six and one-third innings for the Freedom, walking four and striking out five. Unfortunately, Diez worked deep in the count with many batters and had 100+ pitches by the sixth inning of work, forcing the manager to call on Bennie Rubalcaba for relief.

"The Coach" David Guzman had more stamina than Diez, but after seven and two-thirds innings of work, giving up all three runs and all nine hits, King Caffee came on in relief and didn't allow a single hit or run, but Boston didn't score a single run off the Philadelphia bullpen, as the Tea Baggers ship was sunk once again.

The majority of Philadelphia's offense came on a homerun from Paul Cannington's brother Mike Cannington, who hit a two-run homerun off Guzman in the sixth inning to make the score 3-0. The homerun was Cannington's only hit in the game.

BOSTON 0, PHILADELPHIA 3

Philadelphia leads series 2-0

WP - Patricio Diez (1-0, 6 1/3 IP, 7 HA, 0 ER, 4 BB, 5 Ks)

LP - David Guzman (0-1, 7 2/3 IP, 9 HA, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 Ks)

S - Luciano Rovira (1)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 18 minutes

Player of the Game: Patricio Diez (first career postseason appearance)

INDIANAPOLIS IGNITION VS JACKSONVILLE JACKOFFS

2015 SFBL NORTH-SOUTH PLAYOFFS

GAME 1

Indianapolis' first postseason game in franchise history got off to a good start, as they didn't score a run after the fifth inning but still clung to a 3-2 lead behind some power pitching from Brad Hafner, winning game one over the South Division champions.

Hafner only allowed one hit through seven and one third innings, allowing one earned run and one unearned run, striking out seven.

Jacksonville suffered a couple of key injuries, meanwhile. Andrew Fasquelle was injured while pitching, and Winston Ghandi injured himself running the bases. Fasquelle was 2 2/3 innings into his pitching start for Jacksonville when the injury occured, and Winston Ghandi's injury came after collecting the only Jacksonville hit off Brad Hafner, a two-RBI double that made the score 3-2 in the bottom of the sixth, which is how the game would finish.

INDIANAPOLIS 3, JACKSONVILLE 2

Indianapolis leads series 1-0

WP - Brad Hafner (1-0, 7 1/3 IP, 1 HA, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 Ks)

LP - Andrew Fasquelle (0-1, 2 2/3 IP, 1 HA, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 Ks)

S - Celso Frese (1)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 17 minutes

Player of the Game: Brad Hafner (threw 94 pitches before leaving the game)

Notes: Andrew Fasquelle was diagnosed with a pulled tricep muscle, putting him out for six weeks--the remainder of the postseason...Winston Ghandi inflamed his thigh muscle, but is only expected to be out for, at the most, one week...

GAME 2

It was an ugly game for most, but Indianapolis fans who had made the trek to Astroglide Park to deal with the "rowdy" fans were on the way home to Indianapolis with smiles on their faces.

Two solo homeruns from Adam Gillen assisted the Ignition as they lifted themselves over the Jackoffs with a 7-4 victory that gave them an early 2-0 advantage in the best of seven series against Jacksonville.

The score was 4-3 Indianapolis in the 7th inning when the floodgates finally opened and the Ignition scored three runs, putting Jacksonville away despite them coming back for one run after the seventh inning stretch.

Winston Ghandi went 2-for-4, driving in one run and scoring once after hitting a triple and having the next batter in Eugene Widrick sacrifice him home in the 4th inning, which made the score 3-2 at the time.

INDIANAPOLIS 7, JACKSONVILLE 4

Indianapolis leads series 2-0

WP - Tracy Charland (1-0, 7 2/3 IP, 10 HA, 4 ER, 0 BB, 7 Ks)

LP - Manuel Chao (0-1, 6 2/3 IP, 9 HA, 7 ER, 1 BB, 6 Ks)

S - Celso Frese (2)

Player of the Game: Adam Gillen (3-for-5, 3 R, 2 RBI, 2 solo homeruns)

CHARLOTTE HARLOTS VS COLUMBUS PRIDE

GAME 1

Eric LeBeau brought the noise, and the Charlotte offense brought the funk. With a five-run eighth inning, Charlotte drove the nail in the coffin and even splintered the wood as Charlotte destroyed Columbus 11-2 to take game one in their best of seven series to determine who will play for the North-South Conference Championship.

Ben Cruz was the only Charlotte Harlot who did not collect a hit, going 0-for-4. The other Harlots combined for 14 hits, with Paul Cannington and Floyd Alvarez leading the offensive onslaught with three hits each. Cannington went above and beyond the call of duty, however, driving in an amazing six runs and contributing the most to that big eighth inning with a two-out grand slam off Marco Jimenez.

"Err'body In The Club Get" Tipsy Gesner was largely ineffective against Charlotte, lasting only six and two-thirds innings, allowing nine hits and five earned runs while walking two and striking out four, pitching his arm off with 120 pitches in a very terrible outing. LeBeau threw 110 pitches himself, but simply got the job done. "Mr. Wonderful" struck out five and walked three, but only allowed five hits and two earned runs in his first postseason appearance, having been traded at the deadline from his original team, the Atlanta Hanoi Janes.

"We're glad we traded for this guy," Charlotte manager Paul Ford spoke in a postgame press conference. "He's been nothing but a catalyst for us ever since he arrived in Charlotte, and we're grateful for the talent that he brings to our squad."

Charlie Matthews went 1-for-5, scoring once and driving in two runs, hitting a double with two outs and two men on off Tipsy Gesner, and also stole a base. Joseph Corbin went 1-for-4, walking once and scoring twice while driving in one run with a leadoff solo homerun in the eighth inning off Marco Jimenez, which led to the total meltdown going into the grand slam from Cannington.

CHARLOTTE 11, COLUMBUS 2

Charlotte leads series 1-0

WP - Eric LeBeau (1-0, 7 IP, 5 HA, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 Ks)

LP - Tipsy Gesner (0-1, 6 2/3 IP, 9 HA, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 Ks)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 49 minutes

Player of the Game: Paul Cannington (3-for-5, 2 R, 6 RBI, grand slam in eighth inning)

GAME 2

Charlotte was ready for a repeat performance of Game 1, but Yosy Valdez and the Columbus Pride had other ideas. Making something out of nothing, Columbus managed to scrap together three runs on only two hits, capitalizing on two huge errors from Harlots Mark Mclean and Joseph Corbin and letting Yosy Valdez take care of matters on the mound, allowing four hits in eight innings but still keeping the door shut as Charlotte lost game two of the series 3-0.

The runs came early for the Pride: Jayce Ross issued three straight walks, the final one with the bases already loaded, a run coming across. The irony is that the man who scored from the bases loaded walk, Keith Batke, reached on a fielding error by Mclean. So it was registered as one run scoring on no hits, with one error attributed to the Harlots.

The other two runs came in the bottom of the third when Neall Isaacson singled to left, bringing home David Tondus who reached on--what else--a walk. David Zearge would later hit a sacrifice grounder to score Keith Batke again to make the score 3-0.

Jayce walked "only" five batters, but they were at crucial times when he could've afforded to not walk the men. The rest of his line was impressive--six and two-thirds innings pitched, two hits allowed with two earned runs, three strikeouts. Yosy Valdez struck out six and walked only one while holding the Harlots to their five hits.

CHARLOTTE 0, COLUMBUS 3

Series tied 1-1

WP - Yosy Valdez (1-0, 8 IP, 4 HA, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 Ks)

LP - Jayce Ross (0-1, 6 2/3 IP, 2 ER, 5 BB, 3 Ks)

S - Jose Lopez (1)

Time of Game: 2 hours, 44 minutes

Player of the Game: Yosy Valdez (4-2 all-time in the postseason)

Guest FrigidSoul

If I end up joining my hometown TeaBaggers do I get to slap my nuts against the forheads of cute female fans?

Guest Evolution

Actually, after a terrible incident following Boston's playoff berth in 2009, tea bagging has been outlawed in the Tea Baggers' stadium. It has recently become an internet phenomenon, however, when some idiot decided it'd be super kool #1 to put out t-shirts with "NO TEA BAGGING" on the front of them and the 'Baggers logo on the back.

Fortunately, the 2009 "Great Bagging" will likely never be duplicated.

Guest Evolution

GAME 3

Ann was ready for the long haul. But like any young pitcher, she needed to know that her teammates had her back. They did. By the time Ann Onita began to combust on the mound, Seattle had already scored five runs. They scored another one, holding off Denver 6-4 to move up 2-games-to-1 in the East-West playoff series.

Counting on run support, Ann got through seven innings of play with only six hits to her name. Unfortunately, the eighth inning was her undoing, as Abel Ortiz singled down the left field line to bring home Gilles Godinez. Two earlier errors had put Ken Coutu and Jose Etenza on the basepaths, and Ann Onita had seen enough, leaving the game for Doug Izzet. Izzet would later be replaced by Javier Arocha, who immediately gave up a single from Marc Taylor, scoring Coutu and Etenza for two more runs that were not credited to Onita's name as earned runs.

RJ Frost went 2-for-5, scoring twice as his postseason batting average climbed to .538, quite a role reversal considering he was struggling to stay over .200 in last year's postseason that led the Frasiers to the title.

The real star was Jm Macias, who went 2-for-3, scoring twice and driving in two runs while hitting a solo homerun in the 7th inning off Ramon Razo.

SEATTLE 6, DENVER 4

Seattle leads series 2-1

WP - Ann Onita (1-0, 7 1/3 IP, 8 HA, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 Ks)

LP - Ramon Razo (0-1, 6 1/3 IP, 7 HA, 4 ER, 0 BB, 1 K)

S - Javier Arocha (1)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 33 minutes

Player of the Game: Jm Macias (2-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, solo homerun in 7th)

GAME 3

Late in the game, the Freedom once again worked towards a late comeback to set the Tea Baggers off their balance. Paul "Chappy" Wofford got the brunt of it, but Rolf Dreikugeln took the mound. And despite making things pretty dramatic, the Berzerker got it done.

With runners on first and second with two outs, and one run already scored against him, Rolf got Mike Cannington to hit a grounder right back at the mound, ending the game as Boston inched back on Philadelphia in the best-of-seven series, now trailing only two-games-to-one with a 6-5 victory over Philly.

East-West batting champ Robert Gennari hit two key homeruns, one in the first inning off Doug Safwat--a 2-run blast, and a solo bomb in the 6th inning off Bennie Rubalcaba. Raimundo Robledo and Joe Colopy also homered for the Tea Baggers.

Gennari's 3 RBI performance earned him Player of the Game honors. Paul Wofford, the starting pitcher for Boston, gave up three solo homeruns, two of them in the eighth inning alone as it seemed another Boston collapse was inevitable after building a 6-1 lead after six innings. However, Wofford stayed on the mound long enough for Rolf to get warmed up, and though many Boston fans sensed doom was upon them with the man who blew Game One, Rolf proved the critics wrong and switched things around in the clutch, giving up one run but only one run to get his first save of the postseason.

PHILADELPHIA 5, BOSTON 6

Philadelphia leads series 2-1

WP - Paul Wofford (1-0, 8 IP, 8 HA, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K)

LP - Doug Safwat (0-1, 2 IP, 5 HA, 4 ER, 0 BB, 0 Ks)

S - Rolf Dreikugeln (1)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 5 minutes

Player of the Game: Robert Gennari (2-for-4, 2 R, 3 RBI, 2 HR)

GAME 3

Indianapolis worked towards a late comeback to put Jacksonville on the ropes with a chance for a sweep, but the Jackoffs broke the broomsticks with a 7-5 victory over the Ignition, pulling within one game of the team from Indiana.

John "Yoda" Tripp worked most of the offense, going 1-for-2, scoring once and driving in three runs while drawing a walk twice. Brandon Mariano also drove in two runs on a 2-for-3 day.

James Mobley went 3-for-4, scoring once and driving in four runs, but his performance is wasted as Jacksonville wins this time around.

JACKSONVILLE 7, INDIANAPOLIS 5

Indianapolis leads series 2-1

WP - Pepe Delcastillo (1-0, 7 2/3 IP, 7 HA, 5 ER, 3 BB, 6 Ks)

LP - Yogi Hisashi (6 1/3 IP, 9 HA, 6 ER, 2 BB, 4 Ks)

S - Theodore Ellingsworth (1)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 24 minutes

Player of the Game: James Mobley (3-for-4, 1 R, 4 RBI, 2 run homerun in 6th inning)

COLUMBUS PRIDE VS CHARLOTTE HARLOTS

GAME 3

Peter Kostka picked the absolute worst time to make his second career postseason start.

Though he pulled in a respectable showing with 5 2/3 innings pitched, allowing 5 hits and 1 earned run, the focus was on Correy Hurst. He pitched a no-hitter, the first in SFBL postseason history, no hitting the Pride en route to a 4-0 victory that gives Charlotte a 2-1 advantage in the best-of-seven series.

Charlie Matthews drove in two runs, doubling in the 7th inning in a 2-for-4 day. Joseph Corbin went 1-for-3, scoring once.

In 2 hours and 49 minutes, however, it was over and Columbus had come up completely empty, save for one walk from Correy Hurst and an error late in the game; both of these things Columbus could not capitalize on.

COLUMBUS 0, CHARLOTTE 4

Charlotte leads series 2-1

WP - Correy Hurst (1-0, 9 IP, 0 HA, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 Ks)

LP - Peter Kostka (0-1, 5 2/3 IP, 5 HA, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 Ks)

Time of Game: 2 hours, 49 minutes

Player of the Game: Correy Hurst (second no-hitter this season)

Just a minor update, but the real meat of this message is the following:

I'm planning a little something for next season, in preparation for the 2016 regular season...the SFBL Cup.

More information on it during the 2015-2016 offseason.

Guest Evolution

GAME 4

George Alongi and John Propes made it all about the pitchers for their second appearance this postseason. In a shorter timeframe, however, Alongi had shutdown Denver while in eight innings, Propes had managed to give up only two runs, but those two runs were very costly as Seattle would add one run later and Denver would answer with only one, losing 3-1, which is now their deficit in the postseason series, down 3-games-to-1 and facing an elimination at home by being swept from the away team.

RJ Frost got the only two runs off Propes with one swing of the bat, taking him deep in the third inning with a runner on. David Shiras would later drive home Mike Barnwell in the top of the ninth with his third hit in a 3-for-4 day, giving Seattle the 3-1 lead.

Frost finished the game with that lone hit, going 1-for-4 with one run scored and two RBI, his postseason batting average now at .471.

SEATTLE 3, DENVER, 1

Seattle leads series 3-1

WP - George Alongi (2-0, 6 2/3 IP, 3 HA, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 Ks)

LP - John Propes (0-2, 8 IP, 9 HA, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 Ks)

S - Doug Izzet (1)

Player of the Game: George Alongi (17-7 all-time in the postseason)

GAME 4

One big inning from Boston got the Tea Baggers back in the swing of things, as they got it done on the mound as well. Tim Neal held Philadelphia to two runs on three hits, and Boston exploded in the meantime, collecting thirteen hits and scoring 12 runs, including seven in the bottom of the fourth to win Game 4 12-2, evening the series at two games a piece with one more game in the Sack remaining.

Neither team scored after the fifth inning, but there were enough action in those first five innings to be stretched out over an entire game. Once again, Robert Gennari benefitted the most out of this offensive onslaught, scoring three times and driving in three runs himself. He collected a single, a double, and a triple before the end of the fifth inning, but his final at-bats could not generate a homerun to complete the cycle.

Frank Vierra also drove in three runs with one swing, a two out, 3-run homerun in the 4th inning once starting pitcher C.J. Bulot had already been replaced. Boston also made some key plays on the mistakes of the Freedom, scoring three runs on two errors.

On the mound, Tim Neal was taking care of business. The only runs he gave up in the game was to Timm Williams, when he stroked a 381 foot shot down the right field line to make the score 3-2 Boston, but in the next half-inning, Boston fired back with plenty more than 2 runs.

PHILADELPHIA 2, BOSTON 12

Series tied at 2-2

WP - Tim Neal (1-0, 9 IP, 3 HA, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K)

LP - C.J. Bulot (0-1, 3 2/3 IP, 9 HA, 8 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 3 Ks)

Player of the Game: Robert Gennari (3-for-5, 3 R, 3 RBI, 2B, 3B)

GAME 4

Indianapolis scored two runs in the bottom of the first, a quick start to impress their fans at Ford Stadium.

Then Jacksonville scored two runs in the top of the fourth. And four in the top of the fifth. Three in the top of the sixth. And with one more run in the top of the seventh, Jacksonville completed a big, big blowout of Indianapolis, the Ignition facing a sweep at home by the Jackoffs with an embarassing 10-2 loss that evens the series at two games a piece.

Ronnie Galeana gave up those two runs early, first from Lewis Nicholson's single to centerfield that scored Adam Gillen, and later a sacrifice grounder from Valentin Robbins brought home Teyo Mayem.

However, neither Galeana nor Indianapolis starter Brad Hafner would make it to the end of the fifth inning, both being replaced for their own reasons: Galeana had managed to throw an amazing 85 pitches in 4 1/3 innings, and Hafner had just about duplicated that feat. In about the same number of pitches, however, Hafner had managed to give up six runs on six hits. While Galeana escaped with a no-decision, Hafner was branded with the loss for his team.

Winston Ghandi did not actively participate in the hit parade, but he did go 1-for-2, scoring three times via his three drawn walks, a testament to his ability to take pitchers deep into the count and his intensely good eye. The big offensive producer for Jacksonville was Dale Fear, who drove in three runs on three hits.

JACKSONVILLE 10, INDIANAPOLIS 2

Series tied 2-2

WP - Keith Pilkenton (1-0)

LP - Brad Hafner (0-1, 4 2/3 IP, 6 HA, 6 ER, 3 BB, 1 K)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 46 minutes

Player of the Game: Dale Fear (3-for-4, 1 R, 3 RBI)

GAME 4

In the second meeting between Tipsy Gesner and Eric LeBeau, it was Mr. Wonderful who came out on top again, but it was only by a slim margin. However, what was important was that Charlotte banged up Gesner early, sending him out after six innings as Eric LeBeau would later give up two runs, but Charlotte's bullpen stopped the bleeding, as Charlotte picked up a key victory in Game 4 which now gives them an opportunity to send Columbus packing with one final win at the Brothel.

The 4-2 victory came with help from four Harlots, who all drove in one RBI each, including Paul Cannington, who drove in his team-leading eighth RBI as he continues to kill Columbus with a .471 batting average, two homeruns and eight runs batted in in the postseason to date.

COLUMBUS 2, CHARLOTTE 4

Charlotte leads series 3-1

WP - Eric LeBeau (2-0, 7 1/3 IP, 6 HA, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 Ks)

LP - Tipsy Gesner (0-2, 6 IP, 8 HA, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 Ks)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 14 minutes

Player of the Game: Eric LeBeau (2.51 postseason ERA so far)

Guest Evolution

GAME 5

Jose Ayala and Jayme Hermann both didn't have very good games, and it was an ugly game on all accounts from all parties.

On the strength of two runs in the top of the seventh inning, however, Seattle had enough runs to hold off the Douchebags and put an end to this first round series, winning 7-6 and taking the best-of-seven series by a margin of four games to one. Seattle completed a road sweep of Denver, taking out the Douchebags with three straight losses at Summer's Eve Field.

RJ Frost finished the series with a 2-for-3 game, scoring once and driving in two with a two-run homerun with two outs in the top of the first inning, his third homerun of the postseason. Frost also drew two walks, but nothing came of those as he finished this series with a .500 batting average, three homeruns and five RBIs, his contributions to the team only exceeded by the play of Arne Snider and Mikah Zirkwitz, who both finished with three homeruns and *six* RBIs. However, neither Snider nor Mikah matched the excellent ability of Frost to get the bat on the ball.

John Duran finishes this series with Denver having not been called up at any point to play as a defensive replacement or to get a pinch hit at-bat.

SEATTLE 7, DENVER 6

Seattle wins series 4-1

WP - Ken Barendse

LP - Norm Roddis

S - Doug Izzet (2)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 37 minutes

Player of the Game: Mikah Zirkwitz (2-for-4, 2 R, 3 RBI, 3-run homerun in 4th inning)

GAME 5

After exploding for twelve runs in Game Four, the Boston Tea Baggers were humbled by Patricio Diez and the Philadelphia Freedom bullpen as the Freedom went on to a 3-1 victory, one win away from advancing to the East-West Conference Championship.

Diez pitched five and two-thrids innings, allowing four hits but no runs, and the only run that Boston could muster came off reliever Hans Whiting in the seventh inning. Luciano Rovira would later come to the mound in the eighth inning and finished the game to collect his second save of the postseason.

The game was scoreless until the fourth inning, when Mike Cannington led off the top half of that inning with a solo homerun DEEP in center field, landing four hundred and fifty feet later for the first run of the game. In the very next inning, Jess James would triple down the right field line and Jared Yerby brought him home two batters later with a single to centerfield. Mike Cannington then later picked up his second RBI of the game with a single to leftfield, scoring Yerby, who had advanced to third base on a bloop single to left-center from William Walker.

After that, a simple RBI single from James Strootman was the final run of the game, bringing home Raimundo Robledo to make the score 3-1, but that would be as close as it would get. Philadelphia will now return to the Stadium of Independence with two chances to close out the series against Boston.

Rolf Dreikugeln did not make a relief appearance.

PHILADELPHIA 3, BOSTON 1

Philadelphia leads series 3-2

WP - Patricio Diez (2-0, 5 2/3 IP, 4 HA, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 Ks)

LP - David Guzman (0-2, 7 IP, 9 HA, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 Ks)

S - Luciano Rovira (2)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 29 minutes

Player of the Game: Mike Cannington (3-for-5, R, 2 RBI)

GAME 6

No drama here.

Just destruction.

Philadelphia had a 6-0 lead by the end of two innings, and that turned into a 10-0 lead at the end of six innings. Boston would score in the top half of the seventh, but by then it was far too late. Paul Wofford was absolutely destroyed and left for dead, not making it out of the second inning as he collected the final loss of the season for the Boston Tea Baggers, who went down 15-3 in a terrible end to their season.

This marks the first time that Boston has made the playoffs without winning the SFBL championship. Every time prior to this, they have finished the season as SFBL Champions. Doug Safwat finished as the winning pitcher, pitching seven innings and allowing two runs on eight hits, and only left due to exhaustion, having pitched 102 pitches by the end of the seventh inning and the manager having no reason to keep him in the game any longer, since the deficit for the Tea Baggers was already quite large.

Rolf again went missing in this game, his season finished as a closer for Boston.

BOSTON 3, PHILADELPHIA 15

Philadelphia wins series 4-2

WP - Doug Safwat (1-1, 7 IP, 8 HA, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 Ks)

LP - Paul "Chappy" Wofford (1-1, 1 IP, 5 HA, 6 ER, 2 BB, 2 Ks)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 45 minutes

Player of the Game: William Walker (4-for-5, 3 R, 5 RBI, 2 HR)

GAME 5

In what could be the final home game for the Indianapolis Ignition, Indy players tried their best to not let the fans go home disappointed.

After three innings, Indy had a 2-0 lead and there was a positive light in the air, sensing that the Ignition had this game won as inning after inning passed with very little action from Jacksonville, who could only do so much against Tracy Charland. When Charland finally left in the seventh inning, however...

...the walls came tumbling down.

First John Tripp doubled down the left field line. Not wanting to face Brandon Mariano and hoping for a force out play, Mariano was intentionally walked to first. Pico Alvarez stepped to the plate...and relief pitcher Jose Opitz threw a wild pitch right past catcher Edwardo Ceniceros, advancing Tripp and Mariano to second and third. With the force out of the question, Jose focused on at least getting Pico out without allowing a run.

No such luck. Alvarez stroked a single to right-center, the Indianapolis crowd groaning as Tripp easily scored and Mariano turned on his jets, rounding third with plenty of momentum as Joe Larkin didn't even try to challenge, allowing the run to come across the plate and tie the game at 2-2. Justin Rodriguez came on in relief of Opitz, and many angry Indianapolis fans booed Opitz as he left with his head hung low. The inning came to a merciful end when the pinch runner for Alvarez was caught stealing at second, and Dale Fear later flied out to left-center. But the damage had been done, and the game was now tied.

Indy threatened in the bottom of the eighth with the bases loaded and no outs, but Daren Scheetz and Jory Bibler both struck out looking, and Adam Gillen flied out to center field to end the inning, Ignition fans disappointed once again.

With that, the game poured into extra innings, the game going into its fourth hour. It was in that hour, in the top of the thirteenth inning, that disaster struck for Indy. With Artrell Clerk on third and only one out, Emilio Portillo took Manuel Hernandez deep down the right field line, landing four hundred and forty-two feet later in Ford Stadium for a two-run homerun that made the score 4-2 Jacksonville. Manuel would get Indy out of the inning, but once again, the damage had been dealt.

Randall Stevens led off the bottom half of the thirteenth inning for the Ignition with a double down the left field line, getting the fans back on their feet and restoring them with hope as Edwardo Ceniceros came to the plate.

Ceniceros hit twenty-two homeruns during the season. None of them were as big as the one that landed in the hands of one lucky fan in the bottom of the thirteenth. Three hundred and ninty feet later, the crowd was roaring their approval and women were already lining up to have Edwardo Ceniceros baby with his game-tying two-run homerun. Keith Pilkenton stayed on the mound for Jacksonville, and walked Jory Bibler two batters later with one out. However, Adam Gillen and Teyo Mayem couldn't get the job done. Indy fans were disappointed again, but they knew that they still had a chance to win...if they could hold off the Jackoffs in the next inning.

Manuel Hernandez held Jacksonville to one hit in the top of the fourteenth, and it was once again the Ignition's chance to finish it. The crowd reaction for a simple single to centerfield was booming, as the Ignition knew that Bruno Soto represented a chance to have the Jackoffs against the ropes.

Randall Stevens came to the plate, having hit that double earlier in the game that set up Edwardo Ceniceros' two-run homerun. Edwardo hit the on-deck circle and got a rousing ovation, but most were focused on what Stevens could do to help the team. With two outs already, Stevens had to keep the ball out of the infield. Stevens did exactly that, roping a hit to right-center. Brandon Mariano and Emilio Portillo both were far away from it, and even as Emilio caught up with the ball, the crowd had removed all of the sound from the game, deafening the players with their screams of approval as Bruno Soto rounded third, chugging for home. The throw was wild and wasn't even close as Soto slammed his foot on home plate and then jumped in the air, Ignition players flooding the field to celebrate as Jacksonville was dejected and beaten, having to return to Jacksonville not with a sweep of Indy at Ford Stadium, but with only two wins against the Ignition.

Winston Ghandi went 0-for-5, walking once but otherwise contributing absolutely nothing to the game.

JACKSONVILLE 4, INDIANAPOLIS 5 (14 INNINGS)

Indianapolis leads series 3-2

WP - Manuel Hernandez (1-0)

LP - Keith Pilkenton (1-1)

Time of Game: 5 hours, 2 minutes

Player of the Game: Tracy Charland (6 1/3 IP, 2 HA, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 Ks)

GAME 6

After the marathon of a Game 5, the Jacksonville pitching staff was in disarray. This wasn't the case for the Ignition, and it showed.

Yogi Hisahsi pitched a complete game, allowing six hits and no runs, striking out six as Indianapolis advanced to the North-South Championship with a decisive 4-0 win over the Jackoffs to win the series four games to two. Indianapolis had no doubles, triples, or homeruns, but instead chained together nine hits across the course of the game, finishing the game with two runs in the top of the ninth as Yogi did the rest, totally taking down Jacksonville and putting them down to size.

Winston Ghandi's season finished with a .227 batting average, zero homeruns and three runs batted in during the postseason, a 0-for-4 day leaving him and many other Jackoffs feeling...served? Especially when only three Jacksonville batters managed to get at least one hit off Yogi.

INDIANAPOLIS 4, JACKSONVILLE 0

Indianapolis wins series 4-2

WP - Yogi Hisahsi (1-1, CG, 6 HA, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 Ks)

LP - Jake Swieconek (0-1, 3 2/3 IP, 5 HA, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 8 minutes

Player of the Game: Yogi Hisahsi (first win in the postseason in eight games)

GAME 5

On a night when Charlie Matthews and Joseph Corbin both hit homeruns, it ultimately didn't matter for the Harlots.

Columbus, as a team, hit seven homeruns, including two homeruns from Antwan Adelaide and Michael Lingler. With three of those homeruns in the 9th inning, all solo homeruns, Columbus pulled away with an easy 12-4 victory as they pulled within one game of the Harlots.

Charlie Matthews hit a homerun in the third inning, scoring two runs as Matthews finished with a 1-for-3 day, drawing a walk as he scored twice and drove in two runs. Joseph Corbin went 1-for-3, scoring one run and driving in one run with a solo homerun in the eighth inning.

COLUMBUS 12, CHARLOTTE 4

Charlotte leads series 3-2

WP - Yosy Valdes (2-0, 6 2/3 IP, 5 HA, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 Ks)

LP - Jayce Ross (0-2, 5 IP, 7 HA, 5 ER, 1 BB, 3 Ks)

S - Braulio Cerda (1)

Time of Game: 3 hours, 30 minutes

Player of the Game: Michael Lingler (3-for-4, 2 R, 3 RBI, 2 HR)

GAME 6

In a back and forth game, Charlotte finally took the lead in the seventh inning with a two-run inning, making the score 6-5. At the end of eight, it was 7-5, and Columbus was running out of chances to keep themselves from being eliminated.

The bottom of the ninth rolled around, and pinch hitter Jeff Canale brought Columbus fans new hope in Applewhite Field with a solo homerun to deep left field, leading off the inning with a homerun that cut the Harlot lead from two to one. Jayson Meinke had to be a hero, however, and in a HUGE play, Floyd Alvarez gunned him down trying to stretch a double into a triple, Meinke thrown out as the second out. Columbus' hopes seemed to be dashed--and they were. Keith Batke would hit a weak grounder that the catcher picked up and rifled to first to end the game, Charlotte clinching a spot in the North-South Conference Championship with a 7-6 victory.

Charlie Matthews finished with 0-for-3, drawing a walk. Corbin did no better, going 0-for-4 on a night when six Harlots hit doubles. Peter Kostka was on the mound for this game, but only pitched four and one-thirds innings, allowing six hits and three earned runs with one walk and two strikeouts.

CHARLOTTE 7, COLUMBUS 6

Charlotte wins series 4-2

WP - Darell Morton (1-0)

LP - Lemarcus Cooper (0-1)

S - Henry Coleman (2)

Time of Game: 4 hours, 2 minutes

Player of the Game: Ben Cruz (2-for-4, 2 R, 2 RBI)

Conference Championship

East-West -- Seattle Frasiers vs. Philadelphia Freedom

North-South -- Charlotte Harlots vs. Indianapolis Ignition

All right, I demand out of Columbus. I get too many "close, but no ring" seasons from the real life team I root for as it is.

Guest Evolution

If PK agrees to it, he'll be off to the Jokers at the beginning of the season, but it'll be an Edward James situation where Las Vegas will have to resign him later in the year.

So?? How about we just trade for him and resign him all at once? Get the hassle out of the way, so we can play.

And can we seriously pick up a true power hitter for our team? One that's mission that they obviously will accept is to hit me and Hunter home? We could really use that. (Not a TSMer, since we are already getting a TSM pitcher, but a free agent in SFBL that is a glorious hitter).

Sure, send me to Vegas. The Pride's trainers grab my ass too much, and that's when I feel tightness in my shoulder!

Guest Evolution
And can we seriously pick up a true power hitter for our team? One that's mission that they obviously will accept is to hit me and Hunter home? We could really use that. (Not a TSMer, since we are already getting a TSM pitcher, but a free agent in SFBL that is a glorious hitter).

Abel Ortiz seems to be your man.

At 31 years old, he's already hit 370 career homeruns, 1951 career hits, and has a .319 batting average. He reminds me of a younger Carlos DeSantis, for reference.

And he's a free agent after this season. Provided Las Vegas has the money, he can be made an offer.