WWE U.S. Title Match

Eddy Guerrero vs. The Big Show

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Tajiri vs. Rey Mysterio

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena

Zach Gowen vs. Matt Hardy

Chris Benoit vs. A-Train

Guest PowerPB13

Lesnar and Taker had some strong matches last year, particularly Hell In A Cell...dunno how good this one will be. I think Lesnar should win here, but it all depends on what they have planned for Mania. What would be "special" enough for Mania? Lesnar's already fought just about everybody in major matches, Benoit and Guerrero are about it. Lesnar vs. Angle has been done, it wouldn't be special unless it's Ironman II or something.

Vince vs. Stephanie...six potentially cool matches on the card, and this one was all it took to influence my decision not to buy the show. Maybe if it was short, but the very nature of an "I Quit" match means that it'll get a lot of time. Urgh.

Eddy vs. Big Show: This will be a major test for both guys...I don't recall Eddy ever dealing with such a major size disadvantage before. Will it just be another case of Eddy cheating his way to victory or what? I fear they'll put the belt on Show just for the hell of it, but I hope Eddy wins.

Tajiri vs. Misterio: Should be great, dunno where they're going with the belt in the long term. Tajiri probably wins now that he's got a feud with Knoble set up...either that or Knoble costs him the belt to Rey.

Angle vs. Cena: If they ARE going to do Brock vs. Kurt again, Angle should win. Basically, I hope for an extremely competitive matchup with Angle winning, but in a close call to show that Cena deserves to be seen at the main-event level.

Gowen vs. Hardy: They've booked themselves into a corner here...they built Gowen up huge leading into his debut, then turned him into a one-legged Barry Horowitz. As much as I like Hardy, Gowen HAS to win here to maintain any credibility. (On a side note, they seem to be prepping Joey Matthews to be a regular, maybe he's a future Mattitude Follower...)

Benoit vs. A-Train: Hate to ride Keith's coattails, but I do like the booking here. A-Train feeling a need to prove himself against Benoit gets the fans to view Benoit as someone of importance, sort of like how a lot of new heels would target Bret Hart in the mid-'90s. A-Train got his win in a six-man tag a couple of weeks ago(though it was basically three-on-two), but now it's one-on-one. As far as my opinion of A-Train goes, I think he's actually very good for a guy his size, but he just has no charisma and the fans don't care about him. Whether or not he beats Benoit here is anybody's guess, but I'd rather see Lesnar vs. Benoit as a title match than Taker vs. A-Train.

Ah well...I'll need to read up on here how things go, seeing as how my personal WWE PPV boycott is still in effect.

-Patrick

Guest hosserific

smell the buyrate for this one baby. vince has really got to end this gimmick main event match crap

Does it matter which one quits? I bet it will be Steph so she and HHHubby can go to hollywood to make some XXX movies. She will be back for Survivor Series, count on it.

Guest Boo_Bradley

The TV Guide PPV Preview annonced only Vince vs Steffi for the line up

/head hurts

WWE Title Biker Chain Match

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

Desired Winner: Brock Lesnar. I don't want to see 'Taker with the belt at this point in his career. Lesnar is in his prime and needs to dominate now.

I Quit Match

Vince McMahon vs. Stephanie McMahon

Predicted Winner: Vince McMahon

Desired Winner: Probably Vince because I hate Stephanie the most.

WWE U.S. Title Match

Eddy Guerrero vs. The Big Show

Predicted Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Desired Winner: Big Show BUT by similar means as Kane beating Shane at Unforgiven. Show ends up winning by luck which won't hurt Eddie and will free him up to go after the WWE Championship.

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Tajiri vs. Rey Mysterio

Predicted Winner: Tajiri

Desired Winner: Tajiri. Why? I think Rey Mysterio would be a good contender for the U.S. title. I want Rey to move on to bigger things while Tajiri feuds with Jamie Noble, Spanky, or Paul London.

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena

Predicted Winner: Kurt Angle

Desired Winner: Kurt Angle. Why Angle victory? So the feud will get more serious and have a rematch at Survivor Series with some cool stipulation.

Zach Gowen vs. Matt Hardy

Predicted Winner: Zach Gowen

Desired Winner: Matt Hardy. Gowen hasn't won a match since he beat the Big Show with a ton of interference. It's a shame that Hardy would have to be the one sacrificed to make Zach look credible.

Chris Benoit vs. A-Train

Predicted Winner: Chris Benoit

Desired Winner: Chris Benoit. It seems to me that the WWE only pushes A-Train for the hell of it and don't really have faith in his abilities as much as other big men. I'm also starting to sense a Benoit push... can't describe why I feel this.... but I do.

I HOPE the buyrates for this do worse than Vengeance so McMahon can learn his lesson.

Anyway, my winning predictions:

Brock Lesnar

Either McMahon - just so one can get the hell of my TV screen

The Big Show - just so Eddie can move on into the world title chase

Kurt Angle - I don't mind Cena winning either, I like him too

PLEASE let it be Chris Benoit

PLEASE let it be Matt Hardy

Tajiri - I'm sick of Rey having it

Didn't Cena get low blowed by a midget and just basically get his ass handed to him leading up to this match?

How can you lose a match after you got one upped by a midget?!?!

Well, there's that old unwritten wrestling law that if you get your ass kicked on the last wrestling TV show before the PPV, you're gonna win your PPV match.

But of course, that law didn't apply to HHH's opponents.

But of course, that law didn't apply to HHH's opponents.

THE LAW OF TRIPLE H

I shall kick thy ass all the way up to the PPV then I shall kick thy ass at the PPV. So it is written, so it shall come to pass

Back to topic land I go

Can Show really win the match after leaving Eddie a bloody mess? The WWE just always seem to back themselves into corners. To help out Gowen, they are going to send Version 1 to the wolves? To help Show they are going to sell out Eddie and have him lose? The re-establish Angle they are going to make Cena lose the start of another feud?

When did this company become this stupid?

What's next, A-train in a squash over the Crippler?

Guest PowerPB13

Wow, you read the booking sheets.

As far as "which McMahon will quit?", this is the only time that I'll ever hope for a match to end in a draw...

-Patrick

Wow, you read the booking sheets.

As far as "which McMahon will quit?", this is the only time that I'll ever hope for a match to end in a draw...

-Patrick

Now now, this would just mean that NOBODY quits, rather than BOTH of them quit.

Biker Chain Match for the WWE Championship*

Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker

- Coming off of a "HUGE" win over his daughter earlier in the night, Vince will run in at the very end of this match pissing Linda off once again, and either get the chain for Lesnar to help him pick up the win via pinfall, or just set off a DQ, which will allow Brock to keep the title anyway. Whichever happens, the show will end with Taker kicking Vince's ass to send the fans home happy. ***

"I Quit" Match (Power positions on the line)

Vince McMahon w/Sable Vs. Stephanie McMahon w/Linda

- Vince will win with help from one of his "boys", allowing him to be the only athority figure on SD. Well, that is untill Austin is shipped over to SD to be the GM by Linda. Yes, Linda will both make the guys on RAW happy and get payback on Vince in the same move, OMG~! 0 *'s

United States Title

Eddie Guerrero Vs. The Big Show

- The point of this match is to truly make Guerrero mean something to the fans, to make it look like he actually has a shot against a main eventer. Well, that's what the match SHOULD be trying to accomplish. I think that Guerrero will win, but he could very well loose also. Remember, Eddie has got the upper hand on TBS for two weeks in a row. Depending on what happens on the upcoming SD show, will tell us who will win. I'm sticking with Eddie however, I really think this is to help build the guy up so they can feed him to Lesnar. **1/2

Kurt Angle Vs. John Cena

- I'm going to pick Cena though, as it's been a while since Cena got a big win over anyone, I believe. Besides, Kurt seems to be the guy who will lay down for anyone in order to help build them up. So yeah, my pick is Cena. **1/2

Chris Benoit Vs. A-Train

- Chris Benoit is going to win this match. I don't really have any logic to go by on this one though. Just call it a hunch, or whatever. **1/2

Matt Hardy Vs. Zach Gowen

- Matt Hardy will win the match after Zach puts up a bit of a fight. After the match, Matt will invite Zach to become an MFer, and Zach will accept. **

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Mysterio Vs. Tajiri

- Without a doubt, this will be the match of the night. I think that Tajiri will hold on to the title, but only after he gets a little bit of help from "someone(s)". Perhaps a debuting Yang and Ryan "Keiji" Sakoda starting up the new "Japanese Mafia"? ***3/4

Once again, everytime Taker headlines a PPV with in that week something bad happens to the Hart family.

Really? My memory is bad, when were the other times this happened? (Besides Over The Edge 1999).

Which match will be the main event? Taker vs. Lesnar or Mcmahon vs. mcmahon? I ask b/c Vince vs. steph is the front page of wwe.com

Lesnar v. Undertaker will be the last match (or at least if they are not the dumbest people on earth).

Vince v. Steph IS the main event, though, since it got all the hype and promotion and TV time.

Jason

Every time there is a Cruiserweight title match on a PPV, people predict that it will be the match of the night. Then the match gets about five minutes and everyone feels angry. I have a feeling this will be no different (can't take time away from McMahon vs McMahon, and all the hype angles it's going to have).

Which match will be the main event? Taker vs. Lesnar or Mcmahon vs. mcmahon? I ask b/c Vince vs. steph is the front page of wwe.com

Lesnar v. Undertaker will be the last match (or at least if they are not the dumbest people on earth).

Vince v. Steph IS the main event, though, since it got all the hype and promotion and TV time.

Jason

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if McMahon vs McMahon did get turned into the main event. Remember that the WWE was seriously considering having McMahon vs Hogan as the main event to Wrestlemania 19. In fact, the main event was still up in the air the morning of WM.

Guest Choken One

I have no desire to even go to the bar or anything...or a web cast or anything...

I'll watch my new OZ Season Two DVD.

Bulldog, Owen and Pillman all died the weekend of PPVs main evented by Taker.

Guest Choken One
Bulldog, Owen and Pillman all died the weekend of PPVs main evented by Taker.

one on OCTOBER! and the other two in May...

Can we just assume Stu jumped the gun here?