TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hhheld_down

The One and Only WWE No Mercy 2003 Thread

Guest TripleHater

It also regulated WWE Champion Kurt Angle to a mid-card handi-cap match. The Kurt Angle/Charlie Haas/Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar match wasn't even a sub-main event.

**** Great Match.

Steve Austin squashed Eric Bischoff in a boring, too long match.

Uh Long? The Match Was Short....I Know,I Have It On TAPE....It Wont Long To Me...

Jeff Hardy looked like shit against Jericho.

*** 1/2 Good Match.....That Was A Long Good Match.......

The main event was 13 minutes of Hulk Hogan vs The Rock, with yet another Montreal Screw-job finish.

Need I go on?

Yes,Please.

NO WAY OUT RULED! GREAT PPV!

Guest Choken One

no way out was horrible but not Bad Blood or Backlash horrible...

Tonight could be one of those sleeper ppvs that shock us...

A lil bit more on "Rue" *shudders*

Rue a new addition to SmackDown! brand

by Phil Speer

EL PASO – Aug. 26, 2003 – There’s a new co-host on After Burn. Joining Josh Mathews on the syndicated SmackDown!-brand program is New Jersey native Rue.

“I feel very honored and blessed because it’s an incredible opportunity and an incredible company,” Rue said. “There’s so much done here in a day that (other) people spend months and weeks to work on.”

She would know. Before coming to WWE, the 5-foot-9 brunette worked extensively in other entertainment industries.

In fact, when she was just 13 years old, she won the teen female vocalist competition on “Star Search,” competing under her full name, Ruthann DeBona.

She attended Barnstable Academy, a performing arts school in Glen Rock, N.J., and subsequently signed a recording contract with Polygram Records. She joined a group, Boy Krazy, and the pop quartet released a self-titled album in the early 1990s. The group’s single, “That’s What Love Can Do,” was the No. 1 song in the U.S., displacing Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” on the charts. A world tour followed.

Four years later, Rue left the group (which disbanded) to pursue a solo career. Since then, she’s been writing pop material with a more rhythm & blues/urban feel, and she’s currently recording an album.

She sang the national anthem this week for the fans in El Paso, Texas, just before SmackDown! got underway.

Rue also has extensive experience in acting and modeling. She’s appeared in episodes of “The Sopranos,” “Spin City” and “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” among others. She had a small role in the feature film “Love the Hard Way,” with Adrien Brody. She’s also been in commercials for Nike (with New York Yankee Derek Jeter) and Michelob, among many others. She’s modeled in print advertisements for W Magazine, Elizabeth Arden and Anne Klein.

Now she’s arrived in WWE

“I had an opportunity to audition with the company quite a long time ago,” she said. “I had an interview and an audition and an opportunity to see what this world is all about. I’m excited and anxious to be part of this team.”

Her first on-camera WWE appearance was last week on After Burn.

“We had a good show together,” said her co-host, Mathews. “She’s great. She’s going to do a great job here. I’m glad that she’s on the blue team – SmackDown! – and that we get to work together.”

It also regulated WWE Champion Kurt Angle to a mid-card handi-cap match. The Kurt Angle/Charlie Haas/Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar match wasn't even a sub-main event.

**** Great Match.

It was the match of the night, but it was a bit frustrating because of the way Edge was taken out of it. Also, Angle's serious neck injury occured during this match, which sort of ruins it for me when I watch it now. In addition, this should really have been the second to last match of the night. I believe that six man tag matches should always be main events on Raw or Smackdown and are pretty much pointless on PPVs.

Steve Austin squashed Eric Bischoff in a boring, too long match.[/b]

Uh Long? The Match Was Short....I Know,I Have It On TAPE....It Wont Long To Me...

I have the show on tape too. As far as squashes go, this one went on for way too long. Austin could've pinned Bischoff several times before he actually did.

The main event was 13 minutes of Hulk Hogan vs The Rock, with yet another Montreal Screw-job finish.

Need I go on?[/b]

Yes,Please.

Personally, I didn't even care for Hogan/Rock at WM X8. There is absolutely nothing special or excting about watching these two wrestle. This match happened just because they wanted a rematch and was a lousy main event that didn't really do anything but set up Vince vs Hogan at WM 19 (which the show was built around that match, and look at the great, cough, buyrate for WM 19!). The match wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything that should be main eventing a PPV ever.

NO WAY OUT RULED! GREAT PPV!

In comparison to Backlash, Judgement Day, and Unforgiven it really did. I have mixed feelings about Badd Blood. While I don't remember thinking it was that good, I can't remember anything too awful on that show (aside from the Redneck Triathlon).

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Something tells me the WWE will "rue" the day they hired her!

(snicker)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TOO FUNNY TO BELIEVE!

TWO MEANINGS! TWO MEANINGS!

(snicker)

TOO FUNNY TO BELIEVE!

Har har har har.... you get points for making me chuckle :)

(snicker)

TOO FUNNY TO BELIEVE!

Meh.

Guest TripleHater

Choken how was it horrible?

Handicap ****

Hardy/Kidman ***

Jeff/Y2J*** 1/2

Taker/Show ***

RAW Tag Match **

Hogan/Rock *

Trips/Steiner **

Austin/Eric-Dud

Rate The Matches Choken.;)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

(snicker)

TOO FUNNY TO BELIEVE!

Meh.

How "Rue" 'd!

Cena looked good on the Heat in that rap battle, he should speed up his flow as it sounds better when he tries and is not just remembering his lines.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Triple H Ate 'er is right. NWO Was good.....until you got to the final three matches of HHH/Steiner, Hogan/Rock, Bisch/Austin.

But those were so bad the PPV sucked. I couldn't eremember the whole card until it was just listed.

Choken how was it horrible?

Handicap ****

Hardy/Kidman ***

Jeff/Y2J*** 1/2

Taker/Show ***

RAW Tag Match **

Hogan/Rock *

Trips/Steiner **

Austin/Eric-Dud

Rate The Matches Choken.;)

I know I'm not Choken One, but I wanted to rate the matches anyways.

Hardy vs Jericho: **1/2

Hardy vs Kidman: **3/4

Storm and Regal vs RVD/Kane: **

Undertaker vs Big Show: **3/4

Team Angle vs Lesnar/Benoit: ***1/2

Steiner vs HHH: **

Austin vs Bischoff: DUD

Hogan vs Rock: **

No Way Out was one of those nothing pay-per-views that, while nothing was truly awesome, when I watched it with my friends the next day (haven't got Sky, so I rely on the kindness of others to video it) I could happily watch it without feeling like I'd wasted my time...except Steiner/ HHH, that bored the shit out of me

chave Posted on Oct 20 2003, 12:10 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd laugh if WWE put Paul London in a tag team with Rue and called them "Rue Paul"

IT WILL HAPPEN~! 

If it does happen, you'll "rue" the day you made that joke..HAHAHA.....(cringes in shame)

Yeah, it's the old WCW trick of putting on a cruiser match to get the fans excited, before bringing them back to earth with some dull old shit. speaking of which, has the rumoured APA-Bashams match been confirmed, or is that a vicious and sick joke?